Need help with animation stutter

raptorxlr

Jul 17, 2017
When playing certain Renpy games such as Acting Lessons and Being A DIK whenever it reaches an animation it performs this rapid stutter of the animation instead playing it normally, I have tested a 3rd Renpy game out which was Haley's Story and the animations play perfectly fine in that. I should note that I was having no issues before I had to do a fresh install of windows today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
When playing certain Renpy games such as Acting Lessons and Being A DIK whenever it reaches an animation it performs this rapid stutter of the animation instead playing it normally, I have tested a 3rd Renpy game out which was Haley's Story and the animations play perfectly fine in that. I should note that I was having no issues before I had to do a fresh install of windows today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Update your video/graphics drivers.

• Wow
Reactions: polywog

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I have downloaded and installed the latest AMD drivers but it has no effect unfortunately
windows update does NOT have the latest drivers. get drivers only from the manufacturer

raptorxlr

Jul 17, 2017
The AMD site is where I downloaded the drivers from, I'm pretty confused as to what could be causing the issue since it only seems to happen in those 2 games. Thanks for trying to help though

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
The AMD site is where I downloaded the drivers from, I'm pretty confused as to what could be causing the issue since it only seems to happen in those 2 games. Thanks for trying to help though
something from those games may have been lost when you flushed windows, try re-installing those games
can't blame the game, when you pull the rug out from under it like that.

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
Probably your system is not enough to handle VP9. Try to convert the animation to VP8, or on PC H.264 is even better, but you need to change the code. Replace all ".webm" sentence to .mp4. With Notepad++, you can do this easily.

A driver update won't help if the hardware is not designed to accelerate VP9. There might be some hardcoded GPGPU solution for VLC or MPC-HC, but not for libav.