Need help translating Bitch Dancer's Quest

hellotoko

Nov 5, 2017
Hey friends, how are you doing?

So, I'm working on two translations atm.. The first game, that I'm translating to practice, is [Tokage Mori] Liara and the Creature's Village. It's pretty short and I'm translating it without any problems.

But the second game was going to be my main translation project, [ONEONE1] Bitch Dancer's Quest. I've translated a good portion of the character/item related database items, but when I tried to play the game to see if everything was going well I got the error "Encoding::UndefinedConversionError occurred"... I thought it could be related to translating the database stuff, so I tried to translate some screen text in a fresh version, but got the same error :(.

error.png

Does anyone have any idea of whats happening? I'm using RPG MAKER VX Ace and Windows 10 btw.

Thanks in advance.

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
Bro seriously great job undertaking this project. But i think its something wrong with the Code language. Its best if you call over some vets of the community to aid u since i'm still a nub at translating. Try and contact Bloo or MuffDriver on site , they may guide u to other translaters. But i wish u the best of luck.

Last edited:

gamiat

Feb 10, 2018
I hope its not too late.
The problem is: when we just 'write something' in the script tab, we are adding UTF-8 characters.
You can fix it changing the line that the error says (95) in the SCRIPT EDITOR (that name in japanese). Then, change "Shift_JIS" to "UTF-8".

Coincidentally, I am also trying to translate Bitch Police, but I noticed that game.rvdata2 has the entire dialogue inside. And its encrypted. PERHAPS an older version of TES-Patcher will work, but I havent found it yet.

EDIT: Ok I got it working. The problem is that programs like TES-Patcher needs a PRISTINE japanese version. If you touch something (say, by translating the menus inside RPG MAKER), the file becomes 'different' (say, a different checksum) and TES wont detect it.

rawr12

Aug 7, 2017
I hope its not too late.
The problem is: when we just 'write something' in the script tab, we are adding UTF-8 characters.
You can fix it changing the line that the error says (95) in the SCRIPT EDITOR (that name in japanese). Then, change "Shift_JIS" to "UTF-8".

Coincidentally, I am also trying to translate Bitch Police, but I noticed that game.rvdata2 has the entire dialogue inside. And its encrypted. PERHAPS an older version of TES-Patcher will work, but I havent found it yet.

EDIT: Ok I got it working. The problem is that programs like TES-Patcher needs a PRISTINE japanese version. If you touch something (say, by translating the menus inside RPG MAKER), the file becomes 'different' (say, a different checksum) and TES wont detect it.
Has there been any update to dancer's quest?