Tool Need Help For Translating

Gimowse

Apr 8, 2018
Does anyone know of something that can translate automatically from clipboard ? I know VNReader, Translation Agregator but these dont seem to work anymore... Dictionnaries and such seem to be out, so the text hookers work properly but errors keep coming from the auto translator and it's getting annoying to have to manually alt tab into google translate, paste, then come back to the game every time there's a new line of dialogue...

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
have you tried this .. its not perfect and its a bit tricky to setup but it works and is automatic.. be sure to read in the issues tab on how to add a working api

trying to translate a game myself with this but it even translates the things that it should not.. like image names in the script files.. would be nice if it had a blocklist for everything ending with a image format :D

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
I was able to use that one and it worked for me - albeit the translation's a little wonky. I really want to update the translations that it already did so that it's more or less understandable, but I can't seem to convert the JSON files back to rvdata2. Anyone know how to get this to work? It seems RPG Maker Translator used a 3rd party named rmxp translator to convert the data to JSON, and back. Unfortunately, despite me digging around the codes, I'm stuck with a ruby error "Incompatible Marshal File Format" even though it already worked before..

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
yeah it would be nice to be able to convert them without translating so i can remove the ones that should not be translated.. or have some form of detailed ignore list.. im yet unable to figur that one out.. but you can edit the cached translations in translation_en.json and rerun the translation.. but that would take months depending on how much there is to edit :)

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
regarding your error.. im not sure i dont get that one.. you might need to update ruby or redownload the translator

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
hmm.. might be a perfect translation if we add all words manualy from a jap to eng dictionary and put them in translation_en.json .. i allready added 1100 words starting with the letter A.. but before i continue adding the rest of them i maybe should ask here if this metod works with jap or not.. i would hate to spend hours adding words and then find out it gives worse translations then normaly.. have anyone tried this metod and did it work?

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Nope, haven't tried it yet. I gave up, and instead went through the RPGMakerTrans route, since it extracts the dialogues and stuff to a txt file that can be worked on. Unfortunately, all translations had to be done manually unlike this other program. But it is a good shot to try and make the auto translate better by adding your own.

Reactions: Bacher

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
RPGMakerTrans looks like a good program aswel.. will try it out thx :), with any luck there might be a program that can autotranslate the txt files in the near future or that japan starts to use english instead but that is just wishful thinking lol :D

amber rain

Dec 17, 2017
Renpy's got an internal translator. Could just copy, paste, and reformat your code. Thats probably a lot of work to do though. In what engine are you making your game?