Need Help for Rendering Image

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
Hello! After some person's help, finally I developed some characters for my game and then move to next step,Rendering Image. It took 2hrs time to create a image but lighting is not good. Picture is not looking good so I tried with different types of rendering engine provided by Daz 3D Studio. Can anyone say me which is best engine to render image and it take not too much time. Which type of setting should I do for better result in image.I changed some of setting in rendering setting and result I got is reddish image. So please help me with this.

My computer configuration is as under.

- Intel Core i3 3227U processor.
- 1 TB Hard Disk
- 4 GB RAM DDR3
- AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M with 1 GB DDR3 VRAM.

Thanks in Advance.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Well, without wanting to offend, with this computer you will be very slow to render.

I think best engine is Iray but this needs a Nvidia graphics card and as much memory as you can afford.

With your computer is better to try with 3DLight wich uses CPU I think.

Start doing test with low resolution, 720p for example, and test the light until you get the result you want. I haven't worked with 3DLight so I can't advise you much on that.

BTW, if you can buy a new PC keep this in mind:
Processor: i5 or upper or similar with AMD (with Iray it does not matter much)
RAM: 16GB minimum
Graphics: 1060 6GB minimum minumum, 1070Ti 8GB minimum recommended or 1080Ti with 11GB would be perfect :p
HDD: one SSD for S.O. and programs and a secondary mechanic HDD for store DAZ content (the size will depend on what you have).

Reactions: joybosa and W22N

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
[QUOTE="joybosa, post: 984610, member: 365123"Can anyone say me which is best engine to render image and it take not too much time. Which type of setting should I do for better result in image.I changed some of setting in rendering setting and result I got is reddish image. So please help me with this.
[/QUOTE]

The definition of "best engine" depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If by "best" you mean "most photo-realistic," then the iRay engine is definitely the way to go. However, as @mgomez0077 quite correctly states, your hardware is going to struggle with iRay. iRay is really designed to be rendered using an NVidia GPU (NVidia built the core iRay engine). While you can render it with just the CPU, it's going to take a LONG time.

If by "best" you mean "what should I choose to get images the most quickly using my hardware, then (again as @mgomez0077 quite correctly recommends) you should look at using the 3Delight renderer. This is CPU-only, but it produces results much faster than CPU-only iRay. The results aren't as realistic, however, and if you're using later figures (e.g. G3F / G8F) you'll have to do a little work to convert from the iRay shaders back to 3Delight shaders. (There are packages available from Daz - and "in the wild" - that will do a reasonably job of this automatically.)

In either case, you're going to want to make sure that your scenes are as simple as possible - try to have the minimum amount of "stuff" in the scene along with your character. This will cut down on the amount of work that either renderer has to do.

Unless, of course, you can afford to upgrade your GPU to a later-model NVidia unit. Then you can use iRay, and most of the work will be done by the GPU. The other thing (again, as mgomez points out) is that your system is VERY low on RAM (CPU RAM, not GPU VRAM) for 3D rendering software.

Unfortunately, this is just how it is - 3D rendering is very hardware-intensive, and it's hard to get results on low-end PC's.

satangzaa2

Jun 30, 2018
If you have money, I really recommend to upgrade your system or buy new Notebook (it seems like you have notebook).

you system is really outdated in aspect of power overall.

A Bang for the bucks would be ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC-GC206T imo which start at 1K €

I want to recommend to build a system pc but you may have reason to have notebook so I recommend a notebook for you.

Burnx

Jun 26, 2018
You need an nvidia card for a better rending using Iray which means a better computer, if you can't afford a new computer but you're a good developper try to partner up with someone who will do the rendering for you.

Reactions: joybosa

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
Well, without wanting to offend, with this computer you will be very slow to render.

I think best engine is Iray but this needs a Nvidia graphics card and as much memory as you can afford.

With your computer is better to try with 3DLight wich uses CPU I think.

Start doing test with low resolution, 720p for example, and test the light until you get the result you want. I haven't worked with 3DLight so I can't advise you much on that.

BTW, if you can buy a new PC keep this in mind:
Processor: i5 or upper or similar with AMD (with Iray it does not matter much)
RAM: 16GB minimum
Graphics: 1060 6GB minimum minumum, 1070Ti 8GB minimum recommended or 1080Ti with 11GB would be perfect :p
HDD: one SSD for S.O. and programs and a secondary mechanic HDD for store DAZ content (the size will depend on what you have).
Thanks for your Rply.

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
[QUOTE="joybosa, post: 984610, member: 365123"Can anyone say me which is best engine to render image and it take not too much time. Which type of setting should I do for better result in image.I changed some of setting in rendering setting and result I got is reddish image. So please help me with this.
The definition of "best engine" depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If by "best" you mean "most photo-realistic," then the iRay engine is definitely the way to go. However, as @mgomez0077 quite correctly states, your hardware is going to struggle with iRay. iRay is really designed to be rendered using an NVidia GPU (NVidia built the core iRay engine). While you can render it with just the CPU, it's going to take a LONG time.

If by "best" you mean "what should I choose to get images the most quickly using my hardware, then (again as @mgomez0077 quite correctly recommends) you should look at using the 3Delight renderer. This is CPU-only, but it produces results much faster than CPU-only iRay. The results aren't as realistic, however, and if you're using later figures (e.g. G3F / G8F) you'll have to do a little work to convert from the iRay shaders back to 3Delight shaders. (There are packages available from Daz - and "in the wild" - that will do a reasonably job of this automatically.)

In either case, you're going to want to make sure that your scenes are as simple as possible - try to have the minimum amount of "stuff" in the scene along with your character. This will cut down on the amount of work that either renderer has to do.

Unless, of course, you can afford to upgrade your GPU to a later-model NVidia unit. Then you can use iRay, and most of the work will be done by the GPU. The other thing (again, as mgomez points out) is that your system is VERY low on RAM (CPU RAM, not GPU VRAM) for 3D rendering software.

Unfortunately, this is just how it is - 3D rendering is very hardware-intensive, and it's hard to get results on low-end PC's.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for Reply.

miramistin

Jul 19, 2017
Coorect lights is the right way to get best renders, no need to use the best comp system. If you get well what you do you gonna be ok even with slow system. Though 3-4 hours renders is ok. no need to worry of that. Just erase the objects you don't use in your scene. For example you are shooting the front door and why do you need to use floor, side walls, windows and so on? Delete it and you will show better rendering results.

TheTalSet

Sep 9, 2018
Hey guys. I´m gonna bump up this thread.

I made a new PC with 2x Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB that were left over from my retired mining rig.
Before I had a great nvidia 970 that rendered really good with Iray.

Is there a way to render at least a little bit better? I downloaded the luxrender, but I can´t handle it ( It doesnt render)

It seems that the only way is to wait that AMD (or someone else) is making a ProRender Plugin for DAZ3D