RPGM Need advise on which version to use

• Thread starter Deleted member 406567
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 406567

Hi there, I need some advise on which version suits my plans the best. I plan to creat game that involves an animated bust of a character ( blinking, covering herself, sweat drops, crying, etc.) and animated scenes, like what you see in Curse of Pleasure. I have read a lot about what makes the engines different, but i got no concrete answer which one makes the custom animations possible and by chance easier.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You probably won't get much of an answer here compared to something like the rpgm forums.

In the end it will mainly depend on your programming/scripting skills. People make extremely complicated and animated games with all the versions.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Custom animations aren't built into any of them, so you're going to be looking into either coding it yourself, or finding a plugin that works for what you want no matter what.
But MV is the best version of RPG Maker out right now. There's a lot of improvements over it's predecessor. The biggest ones being that the coding language is Javascript now instead of RGSS3, which makes things much easier. And that it has a higher base resolution.