Need 3D Model asset?

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
Just looking for something to do really. I was hoping if someone need a assets for their game. For example, interior and exterior models. You could give me a random image for an art test and I can show you how it look once the model is done (with textures).

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
Here is an example of a model I just did. The mage I found by

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Pretty impressive, how long did it take you to make that?

Original image for reference -

gary-chan-1.jpg

Cyan

Jul 25, 2017
Is that really a big issue?

Just from my napkin math, if the arm is 4(10.16cm) inches thick, then the height of the model is just over 10 feet (3.05 meters). Of course that's just a rough estimate since the model is angled, but the proportions affect the model that much?

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
Is that really a big issue?

Just from my napkin math, if the arm is 4(10.16cm) inches thick, then the height of the model is just over 10 feet (3.05 meters). Of course that's just a rough estimate since the model is angled, but the proportions affect the model that much?
There was some part that did not make sense when I was modeling. One example is there a piece that thin at front but at the end it was twice as thick. This made me to improvise the piece to make sense of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyan

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018
Could you give more information?
What modeling software do you use?
Do you do hard surface and organic modeling, Humans, Clothes?
Do you do rigging, animation or PBR textures?

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
Could you give more information?
What modeling software do you use?
Do you do hard surface and organic modeling, Humans, Clothes?
Do you do rigging, animation or PBR textures?
Hard surface modeling with pbr texture style. The software I used are Maya, Zbrush, Substance painter, and Substance designer.

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018
Hmm, Ok. So the thing is, I'm a huge procrastinator, I never finish projects I start.
I need a carrot or a big stick to keep me focused. So if you create some assets I'll promise to use it to make a game. The social pressure to make good on that is just the kind of stick I need, and you'll have something to do.
Deal?
(just to be clear something simple, weeks of work rather than months. Not an adult game as that will likely be a larger time commitment than I am currently willing to make.)

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
Hmm, Ok. So the thing is, I'm a huge procrastinator, I never finish projects I start.
I need a carrot or a big stick to keep me focused. So if you create some assets I'll promise to use it to make a game. The social pressure to make good on that is just the kind of stick I need, and you'll have something to do.
Deal?
(just to be clear something simple, weeks of work rather than months. Not an adult game as that will likely be a larger time commitment than I am currently willing to make.)
Do you have something in mind you want me to create?

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018
A space combat game would be fairly easy. Simple movement and physics to program, minimal assets needed, one ship and a cockpit.
If you can animate some simple movements for that robot you made, plus a gun model and design a level. Then a barebones FPS could also be a thing.
Make some 3d versions of 'advance wars' units and buildings, and we could make a bargain-bin ripoff. Although this is beginning to become bit complex.

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
A space combat game would be fairly easy. Simple movement and physics to program, minimal assets needed, one ship and a cockpit.
If you can animate some simple movements for that robot you made, plus a gun model and design a level. Then a barebones FPS could also be a thing.
Make some 3d versions of 'advance wars' units and buildings, and we could make a bargain-bin ripoff. Although this is beginning to become bit complex.
Do you have any concept art that you made for these asset, or you want me to make my own?

StaticSheep

Jan 6, 2018
Well, I thought my previous post made it clear that I was pulling ideas out of my ass. So yeah, you would need to make your own.
Inspiration on the internet abound.

If you like the space combat idea for example.
some cool ships.

cockpit example.

Don't copy these or I may as well buy them, they're not that expensive.

Also, I know I'm a quotable guy, but you don't need to quote me every single post.

Resurgen

Dec 9, 2017
I will model the spaceship with my own creativity. But right now I am going to sleep and I will start working on the model when I am up. Give me your email or I can just send you a message in f95zone conversation.