Unreal Engine Naughty Sandbox - an erotica sim with cinematic visuals - the Devlog

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

kinrean

May 12, 2018
Yep tris :cool: Generally if we're talking gamedev we're talking tris. I'm so used to saying polycount in triangles that I didn't specify sorry.

You're assuming that all body parts will use 4K textures but that's probably not the case, some will probably need 2K. And you don't have separate maps for roughness, specular and AO in gamedev. You pack all of those into one single texture, along with metallic if you have a metal map. You can get all four of those into a single texture.
yea , game use tris, but when making model , we count as poly. so can be confuse
i see, my material/unreal material is using many texture , to show the diff layer of the skin, as skin are very complex .
if that the case then i think there will not be much problem.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
so tell me, how do you make the clothing 3d model?
If I came off being rude that wasn't my intention, I was just saying that's a bad way to go about making clothing. I use Blender, so as to how I would go about doing this is in two ways. Create a plane, add a mirror and shrink wrap modifier, then either extrude, or add loop cuts. The other way is, making a duplicate of the body, add the shrink wrap modifier and then clean up the excess vertices.

I'm talking about Epic's own assets, their Paragon characters!
Ah, didn't check out their assets.

kinrean

May 12, 2018
If I came off being rude that wasn't my intention, I was just saying that's a bad way to go about making clothing. I use Blender, so as to how I would go about doing this is in two ways. Create a plane, add a mirror and shrink wrap modifier, then either extrude, or add loop cuts. The other way is, making a duplicate of the body, add the shrink wrap modifier and then clean up the excess vertices.

i don't mind rude as long as i can learn thing, but what you had say is the same as what i do. you still have to have about the same size of the poly to make the animation look good. you can't have a body with 10k with a clothing only have 100 poly , it will never work.

i will say it again, you need to have about the same poly count, ( not same mesh) as the body have.

add on, i take it that you though i say use the mesh of the body to make the clothing , but what i say is to make the clothing to have about the same poly count as the body.

and i use blender , maya, zbrush, 3d max and other although i a bit outdated with many of the pay software.

Last edited:

NSUDEV

Sep 9, 2019
Got some hands and feet updates!

I wanted to push hands and feet quality particularly hard because I feel like they're overlooked in a lot of animations / games / general lewd content. I'm trying to pay particular attention to the different types of skin on different areas (whether it's tight or soft and fleshy) and represent that accurately in the shading.

Hope ya enjoy the pics, let me know if there's any improvements I can make! All real time shots, frames render in <16ms with around 3 shadow casting lights and post process effects.

Feet04.jpg Feet02.jpg Feet06.jpg
Hands01.jpg Hands02Uncen.jpg Hands05.jpg

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote