Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So yes, It was a bit of a short update, but the content and story line is as solid as ever.
spoilers below...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The only issue/concern i had with this update was with some of the renders. was it just me, or did some of these images seem grainier than they have been in the past? Like they were more out of focus or were going for more of an antique photo style to them. Maybe it was just me...

Reactions: ElmerFudd

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Thumbs up Pandelo! Keep doing what your doing! This game is up at the top of my favorites list!

Reactions: a1fox3

Seby27

Oct 14, 2017
For anyone having issues with the blank/black screen this is the fix:
- UnRen the Game
- Head into the game/images/movies folder
- Inside there will be 001 through 009 folders, copy all the webms into the root of the movies folder.

They will all play after this, the script didn't correctly reference the subfolders.
i dont understand how to do it. can you show me how plz.

Pandelo

My Sweet Neighbors
Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Yeah, it was usually pretty spot on with the monthly updates. Lately it's been kinda creeping later and later past a month with the same amount of content, unfortunately.
Yes, I'm sorry about the later and later updates. It's unfortunately due to the lack of time.

Just a few word's:
Every update is slightly bigger than the last one, but just from the code and images.
If you play it once, it's the same length or maybe shorter. It's because of the different lines that the player could choose.
I put in different lines, like "Have fun with M in the morning" or "Have fun with D in the morning", "Open the door and watch him jerk off his weener" or "Close the door". If the story continues, I have to make sure, that each choice the player has made in the past fits to the actual images/expressions/scenes and dialogues.
Every Update and every different choice it will become a bit more work (and yes I know, some player's cry for more ^^ I can understand them :) )

As some of you, I absolutely also would love to have completly different routes for M and D (I already try to make some small different lines with e.g. the morning scenes)
But unfortunately that's impossible. That would mean (a minimum) of triple amount of code and Images to have a update with the current size. (And I don't count a "Jessica route" or other girls with them)

That almost every dialogue line has a new image/scene is that what I really love in MSN. (And also the most of you love it, too :) and I bet, only a few players have read EVERY different dialogue in the game :D ) I don't like puppets standing with an open mouth for minutes in front of you (at least not when she's talking :D ) It's more work for me but that's the art style of the game and I'm not going to change it. Also I like the animated scenes. Creating/Rendering these clips is not that much work as you think it is. It's faster to create a animated scene with 30-40 images as creating 5 different images.

Anyway, I'm still really happy you like the game and the girls :)

The only issue/concern i had with this update was with some of the renders. was it just me, or did some of these images seem grainier than they have been in the past? Like they were more out of focus or were going for more of an antique photo style to them. Maybe it was just me...
I guess you mean the "evening" and "couch" scenes images with M and D. Yes they are a bit grainy. It's because of the lack of light in this scenes. I'll let render such scenes longer in the future to eliminate the grainy thing.

Last edited:

Papy.ion6984

Engaged Member
May 16, 2017
Nice catch!

Here's a fix for people who don't want to mess with UnRen or editing any files:
  • Download attachment and rename file to "images002.rpyc".
  • Drop it into "My_Sweet_Neighbors-0.0.9-pc\game\" (should be in the same folder as "archive.rpa")

I'll upload a fixed Android version soon.
TY

Oct 2, 2017
Ok, I know that the whole virgin/hymen discussion was a few pages back, but I just have to add a comment about it for you morons that don't understand biology. The definition of the word virgin is:
  1. a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
It is completely possible for a girl to be a virgin but not have an intact hymen. A few years ago my kids were riding their bikes on the empty lot across from out house because the city had piled a bunch of dirt and gravel there as they were doing road work in the area. The kids were riding their bikes up the piles and using them as ramps to jump the bikes off them. My 10 year old step-daughter jumped her bike and lost control. When she landed, the bike landed almost straight up and down on the back wheel and then fell backwards on her. The other kids ran home to get her mom and I and we ended up taking her to the ER because her mother was worried since she had multiple scrapes and bruises, was doubled over holding her abdomen and had blood showing through her shorts. After being examined at the ER, we found out that when the bike had hit rear wheel first, the point of the banana seat had violently impacted her vagina so forcefully that it had not only caused a tear for which she received 2 stitches, but had also broken her hymen. One day (many years from now with a man who has walked through fire for her and proven himself to be nothing short of perfect) when she has intercourse for the first time, she will not bleed. That in no way makes her a slut or not a virgin. It simply makes her a girl whose hymen broke prior to her first sexual experience. There are many ways that a girl can break her hymen with out having sexual intercourse or being a slut.

As for anyone who doesn't understand that, well, my daughter is 13 now and testing for her black belt next month, so good luck calling her a slut!
God damn, that still must have been terrifying for all of you in the moment though. o_O Glad to hear she's doing OK and kicking some ass. :) And thanks for the reinforcement on my point there. :D

Friend of mine grew up in a breeder/stable for local horse-racing and yeah, she joked about how she may have hated the smell of the horses, but walking and riding them every day made her first time less of a hassle than she thought it was supposed to be. Also led to her dumbass boyfriend making some insinuations and becoming an ex-boyfriend real fucking fast.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I've seen some Russian movies about horse breeders!

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
i dont understand how to do it. can you show me how plz.
First thing to do is find the .exe (if you haven't you can't play the game...)
\My_Sweet_Neighbors-0.0.9-pc\My_Sweet_Neighbors.exe
you have 2 choices...
1) the game folder is in the same place follow the instructions below by @bmpb86

Nice catch!

Here's a fix for people who don't want to mess with UnRen or editing any files:
  • Download attachment and rename file to "images002.rpyc".
  • Drop it into "My_Sweet_Neighbors-0.0.9-pc\game\" (should be in the same folder as "archive.rpa")

I'll upload a fixed Android version soon.
2) "Mess with Unren"
Download and unzip from the thread linked.
Copy the extracted unren.bat file to the same place as the exe, then run it and choose option 9.
Go to the game folder and you will find an images folder and within that the movies folder. Then you can follow the post by @DigitalDarkness

There is a route 3 - click ignore and hopfully the next version will be corrected.

Movie files in V0.9 and where they need to be placed to avoid the error screen
refer to post -

Last edited:

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
While editing the images2.rpy to insert the "002" into the paths for the movies I'd noticed that all the screen files are .jpg at a quality factor of 95. JPG files are inherently lossy, even at that high a quality factor.
I ran WebPconv at a quality factor of 100 on the day 8 image directory and came up with vastly smaller file sizes. Even if webp files from the original png files (guessing) wasn't as small as the jpgs, I'd rather have the higher quality. Other png files I'd converted to webp came out to an average of 1/3 the original file size with no drop in quality.
WebP is great, and I really wish more developers would use it (@Pandelo ;)), but converting JPG to WebP (while it usually results in even smaller files) won't make the resulting WebP files any better quality. They will be at best the exact same quality as the source JPGs, if you use lossless encoding.

But yeah, all for developers using WebP in their games instead of JPG, or especially PNG :idontcare:
EDIT: also, even lossy WebP files of a quality factor of 90-95 are usually indistinguishable (or nearly so) from a lossless WebP/PNG (if you use compression method 6), and are even smaller.

2) "Mess with Unren"
Copy the extracted unren.bat file to the same place as the exe, then run it and choose option 9.
Go to the game folder and you will find an images folder and within that the movies folder. Then you can follow the post by
Right, but there are going to be people who don't know how to use UnRen or won't/can't figure how how, so I figured dropping one already fixed script file in would be the easier and less error-prone option.

Reactions: Bagger288

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Right, but there are going to be people who don't know how to use UnRen or won't/can't figure how how, so I figured dropping one already fixed script file in would be the easier and less error-prone option.
That's really good. I have no problem busting open rpas (what UnRen does), but if someone else already did the work, I'm happy to not have to do it! Thanks for that!

One question - why upload the compressed rpyc instead of the uncompressed rpy? Hiding some magic code you don't want people looking at? :)

Pandelo

My Sweet Neighbors
Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
First thing to do is find the .exe (if you haven't you can't play the game...)
\My_Sweet_Neighbors-0.0.9-pc\My_Sweet_Neighbors.exe
you have 2 choices...
1) the game folder is in the same place follow the instructions below by @bmpb86

2) "Mess with Unren"
Go to the game folder and you will find an images folder and within that the movies folder. Then you can follow the post by @DigitalDarkness

There is a route 3 - click ignore and hopfully the next version will be corrected.

Movie files in V0.9 and where they need to be placed to avoid the error screen
I will update for @Pandelo
001 - all ok
002 - all 4 need to be in \My_Sweet_Neighbors-0.0.9-pc\game\images\movies
003 - placeholder
004 - placeholder
005 - placeholder
006 - placeholder
007 - placeholder
008 - placeholder
009 - placeholder
Thank you. But the animated scenes bug is already fixed on Patreon ;)

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
That's really good. I have no problem busting open rpas (what UnRen does), but if someone else already did the work, I'm happy to not have to do it! Thanks for that!

One question - why upload the compressed rpyc instead of the uncompressed rpy? Hiding some magic code you don't want people looking at? :)
Hah, I'm sure this was a joke, but that was deliberate.

I know that if someone really wants to go in and look at the source code of any Ren'Py game, they obviously can, but it just feels wrong to make that any easier when it's not MY game.

Just makes me feel weird, almost like an insult to the game's creator. Which is a weird feeling to have on a forum pretty much dedicated to pirated smut, but whatever XD

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
My work here is done...
Seriously, thanks for getting back, while I'm enjoying the replay I can concentrate on that and not bother editing my other post further.

@bmpb86 I appreciate what you did, I'm more nosey than some so enjoy the digging and between us we have both bases covered now. :)

JayneCobb

Feb 4, 2018
That's a good point, and just made me realize that while I am currently following you on Patreon, I'm not actually a patron. I'm gonna have to fix that.

(I'm pretty sure I was a patron of yours a while ago, but there are upwards of 100 creators I'm following on Patreon, and as much as I'd like to, I can't afford to pledge even $1/mo to all of them simultaneously, so I try to rotate my pledges :pensive:)

But if you'd like I can remove the fixed file and make people go straight to the source.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
For anyone having issues with the blank/black screen this is the fix:
- UnRen the Game
- Head into the game/images/movies folder
- Inside there will be 001 through 009 folders, copy all the webms into the root of the movies folder.

They will all play after this, the script didn't correctly reference the subfolders.
Thanks that worked even though I left the game running. Clips worked immediately.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hah, I'm sure this was a joke, but that was deliberate.

I know that if someone really wants to go in and look at the source code of any Ren'Py game, they obviously can, but it just feels wrong to make that any easier when it's not MY game.

Just makes me feel weird, almost like an insult to the game's creator. Which is a weird feeling to have on a forum pretty much dedicated to pirated smut, but whatever XD
I've asked that question a few times, usually about something someone added. I didn't UnRen the game, so I didn't realize that images0002.rpyc was one of Pandelo's files that you modified.

Your answer was the best I've received. The worst, in case you're curious, was something like "I want my change to always be loaded". Obviously that person didn't understand the interaction between .rpy and .rpyc. As in if I change the underlying .rpy, their .rpyc will be overwritten.

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes