My Little Girls

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
After playing VN's for about 3 months and almost all are like max 1hr i thought,
Fuck it, I'm gonna teach my self RenPy and Daz Studio.

Progress so far: story is about v1.0 (Version 1)
There will be two version of the game, it's due to an age "problem".

Anyhow, the story is progressing nicely, the rest, not so much.

Welll, I will update when I've done something.

BowDraco

May 18, 2017
Pc specs? I wanted to do the same then but I don't have a strong pc so I thought 'why bother'.

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
I have exactly the same idea. Would you like to share some renders so we can take a look what you've learned in Daz Studio? Maybe you could get some useful feedback.

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
Haven't done anything yet sadly.
I've downloaded some ebooks and video tutorials on how to use Daz, last time I did some 3D work was back on my friends Amige 1200 so a lot has happened since then lol.

I use Photoshop almost daily though but that will probably don't matter.

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
I see. Daz is not that hard to learn. It takes some time to get along with all the buttons and sliders but the more you use it, the more you can combine complex operations.
I'm using Daz for a few weeks now and will post some of my renders soon, just to get some feedback and/or rating. I can let you know if you want.

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
I've just done my first renders in Daz now, it's a bit weird and confusing tbh, but I'm learning =)

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
Yeay, keep going :)
Check out my thread with the renders if you want, I wrote some tips there, maybe you can find something useful.

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
Dang you Daz, why you have to be so complicated ;)
I've almost done something I'm willing to share, but it wont play with me for the last bit.

amk19

Jun 8, 2017
Yeah, looks nice. Let me give you some tips ;)

Watch the finger on the right hand. It goes through the hair. In this situation, you can either change the hand pose or the hair shape.

Click on the Head and go to the Poses panel in the bottom right. There you navigate through the structure and find the child item "Eyes". On the right side find "Eyes closed" and close the eyes a little bit. Because nobody really opens the eyes wide like this.

You could also use a spotlight and point it to your character coming from your camera. In this way you can eliminate the shadows which happen on the viewers side and bright up the character a bit.
You will have to push up the lumen to ~20.000. Ofc this depends on the distance, beam angle etc.

But still it look great for an early work, keep going!

Cheers

Reactions: ConfusedBeard

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
A new render with "Ariana Grande" and "Selena Gomez" by the pool, somehow "Selena" got wonky, looks like a weird ghost skin wise, I need to fix that, else I'm quite happy with it.

Just some minor stuff to fix, like the left hand on "Ariana", to much "hover" on it.

Reactions: Doc Wobbly