My Genitals are Hurting

Guidman64

Nov 23, 2018
Need help, for some reason the genitals for both gen3 and gen8 females are not fitting properly; the genitals are sitting up too high. It appears to be the models and not the Genitals (Maybe).

I have pictures using the "New Gens for Victoria 7 and 8" but have been getting the exact same results using "Golden Palace" for 3 and 8 models and also the Daz3d gen3,8 genitals
Anyone seen this before and if so do you know how to fix it?

Gen1: you can see loaded NGV8 on a Genesis 3 female this is the best results I get, but you still see that the opening is not open because the original model is still loaded underneath it.
Gen1.jpg

Gen2: I use the NGV7 on the Genesis 3 female and get terrible results, genitals are sitting way too high; just a tiny peek of the labia.
Gen2.jpg

Gen2.1: I took the hip of the genitals and adjusted the "y translate" and it makes the clit and labia show up clearer. The problem I have still is that the opening is covered by the original models crotch and as you see it causes the genitals to not fit properly on the rear (like it's flaking off).
Gen2.1.jpg

As I stated earlier Genitals used to work. I have used the Golden Palace for g8f and worked great 'til recently. I have also used the Victoria 8 genitals with g8f's, but now nothing is working on any of my girls. Please help me, my girls need some good, good lovin'!

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Are you making sure to fit them to the object?

And are you using the correct Genesis version?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
  1. Are you seeing this when applying these to a base G3F or G8F? Or is this to a character that you've altered in some way? If the latter, experiment with the morphs you've applied to see if one of them is causing this.
  2. If it's a base model, it's possible this is due to a rogue morph somewhere in your system being set to a non-zero value. I'd suggest you look for one by selecting your base character, going to the shaping pane and clicking on "Currently Used." There shouldn't be anything non-zero. You may have to click on the hash at the upper left of the pane and enabling "Show Hidden Properties" to find it, if this is the problem.
What sometimes happens is that you have an asset (either that you loaded, or that you altered inadvertently) which ends up having a morph set to a non-zero value, which then affects every character that you load. If you can find such and uninstall it, the problem might go away.

Reactions: lilcleotorres

Guidman64

Nov 23, 2018
Apparently I had a rogue morph in there somewhere. I deleted all the morphs that were set something other than zero, checked hidden files, deleted and reloaded genesis base characters hoping they would overwrite the bad files.

Unfortunately none of it worked so I just purged Daz Studio from my pc and then did a fresh reload and problem solved.

I have reloaded assets a few at a time not and reloading Daz to see if I could find the culprit; nothing yet.

I think it just may have been a fluke, because one of my assets when downloaded was not acting correctly and would not load so I tried to delete it but it kept sending me a warning that some program was using it; so it would not delete. After I purged Daz Studio it finally allowed me to delete the file.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Apparently I had a rogue morph in there somewhere. I deleted all the morphs that were set something other than zero, checked hidden files, deleted and reloaded genesis base characters hoping they would overwrite the bad files.

Unfortunately none of it worked so I just purged Daz Studio from my pc and then did a fresh reload and problem solved.
Ya, this kind of thing is almost always a rogue morph. This can happen a couple of ways - you could load an asset that has a bug in it (Daz has inadvertently distributed a number of products that were broken this way). The other thing is that it's possible to "fat finger" your way into modifying one of the morphs that have already been loaded, which is a real pain in the ass to track down.

Glad you got it sorted.

I think it just may have been a fluke, because one of my assets when downloaded was not acting correctly and would not load so I tried to delete it but it kept sending me a warning that some program was using it; so it would not delete. After I purged Daz Studio it finally allowed me to delete the file
One thing to be aware of is that the time between when the DS window disappears and the time when the process has actually existed can be VERY long - sometimes minutes. DS is really slow at deleting stuff, and doesn't appear to have a "oh, I'm quitting, I don't have to carefully update all my data structures as I clear the scene" approach to shutdown. So sometimes (if you're using Windows) it's faster and easier to kill it via the Task Manager.