VN Ren'Py My first try at a Ren'Py VN 'Fireworks' ... Just intro so far but ran into a problem.....

What adult content would you like in a VN game?

• Female protagonist

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Male protagonist

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Multiple protagonist

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sharing partners

• Swinging with other people and/or couples

• Cheating/affairs with protagonist never finding out

• Cheating/affairs with protagonist finding out

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Cuckold (Hard core cheating/affairs) and protagonist accepting it

• Harem - Gaggle of women or Band of men

• LGTBTQ themes of same sex or trans content

• Total voters

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
fireworksextra4k.png Hi all, just trying make my first Ren'Py game, well a start to it and think I have the intro roughly sorted.... But I am having an issue with changing the ages...
I did post about the issue here Renpy age variable adjustments, I have been trying what was advised but been having no luck....

So I have made the intro start of my game of the 3 main characters in it.... I stop at where I'm Having the age change issue...
So I hope someone will try it out and give me some feed back on what's done so far and possibly help with my issue...

I mainly was testing our renders for future event that I want to develop over time of main and sub plots.
The basic story line is your Neptune a 40 year old business guy.

Your significant other is Salacia (which happens to be King Neptune's wife in geek mythology) yet to set age for her... for now you wont be able to control her action but later I plan to have a full path for her you can go down on for people who love NTR and cheating...

23 year old Delja is the other main character that Neptune ends up having an affair after Delja tells him of Salacia cheating on him.... enough spoilers for now as its will be a monolog story path of Neptune and Delja for now and there first time having sex and how it all happens and why....

As time goes by and paying customers help pick the path and flow the sky is the limit... I know how and where ai want to go with the game but in the end its up to the people who pay for it the really will make the decisions and where it ends up....

I would like it to have a harem path and a NTR/Cheating paths/Sharing ... But for each character being Neptune Salacia and Delja... also early bad endings... in other word multiple protagonist and multiple endings.... creampies are a must! and that will lead to pregnancy as a must... so gangbangs will be possible depending on your choices.... ... so far there the tags it will have as a must so far... if people can try the intro to she what that's about it should give a good idea of what's possible thanks to the way the play can setup all the variable between the 3 characters. Which the way I'm writing the dialog it will reflect the preset variables, which took a little while to get use to, but wow it helps make the talk feel more realistic.

Try playing the intro with the preset as its made that way, ends up funny as in some parts then make it to you very own liking and see the difference it make to the game :)... I hope the way I'm writing my VN will inspire other to try the method that already don't use it, it's what I learnt from trial and error, no one has taught me what I have made so far...

Why I'm so stuck with the age part, once I get my head around it I need to work on a points system for it for Lust, Love, Corruption and many pother facts that will influent the characters as the game progresses... I have made a separate Varable.py file for all of this. if anyone could give me some guidance on the best way to go about that it would be fantastic... I hope to have a demo up to the first act of the game by end of the month if I get the stuff sorted sooner then later... I'll keep working on the visuals and matching the dialog... If worse comes to worse I'll drop that part out unlit a later date and hope by the end of the full first story line I get it all sorted!

Any help and feed back would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks one and all...
Some images from the game so far..... Main.png rollercoaster.png company0.png company1.png

Here is the Link: to download it and try out of what's done so far... its 77.3 megs.

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Посмотрел. Много настроек для персонажей. Немного от меня. Игру не переводил, так что не всё понял из текста. Дальше просто мысли об этом.
Много настроек для персонажей, если это только будет влиять на имя и всё такое то особо не играет как делать. Если бы это влияло на игру, к примеру скромный или не скромный. То что влияет на игру то можно было и задуматься. А так вполне неплохая настройка для персонажей.
Если сюжет будет идти с выбором то довольно просто делать. В нужном месте просто будет в разные стороны идти в зависимости от переменной. Если это накопительная система и надо будет куда то ходить и с кем то говорить то тут сложнее будет сделать разные концовки.
Просто пока писать много нечего об этом.
Увидел что некоторые картинки почти без фона. Тоже неплохо. Сам одну из игр делал так. Скину ссылку ниже для сравнения если интересно.

Looked. Lots of character customization. A little from me. I did not translate the game, so I did not understand everything from the text. Further, just thinking about it.
A lot of settings for the characters, if it only affects the name and all that, it doesn’t really play how to do it. If it affected the game, for example modest or not modest. What affects the game is something you could think about. It's a pretty good set up for the characters.
If the plot will go with a choice, then it is quite simple to do. In the right place, it will simply go in different directions depending on the variable. If this is an accumulative system and it will be necessary to go somewhere and talk to someone, then it will be more difficult to make different endings.
There's just not much to write about it yet.
I saw that some pictures have almost no background. Good too. I did one of the games myself. I'll post the link below for comparison if you're interested.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Shadow2007

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
I saw that some pictures have almost no background. Good too. I did one of the games myself. I'll post the link below for comparison if you're interested.
Thanks for your feed back and I'll have a look and let you know my thoughts.

Спасибо за обратную связь, я посмотрю и дам вам знать, что я думаю.

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
I'm still stuck....
I'll try to explain it my issue better and hope someone can me help better....

"I'll never forget the way my very own wife was dressed for her 18th birthday"

But the wife is 40 by default in the game and her age is a viable that the player can change.

So in my code it looks like

"I'll never forget the way my very own [d_s] was dressed for her [d_age] - 22 year old birthday"

[d_s] = wife variable [d_age] would be the wife age variable

But it needs -22 years as its been 22 years since that time the MC saw her...

I want to be able to add or subtract to a person's age variable. But I will need to make a minimum age as well or it will be a negative age if they set it to low....

Hope that had better sense as to my issue...

Shadow2007

Aug 9, 2020
Here is a script for anyone that want's to try to help fix and make work.
If you do please up load your working script.

Thanks to anyone that can make the dialog say:
"Two years ago Delja was only 21 years old."
It keeps crashing right now the way it is...
Just remember she is 23 by default, and that 23 is a variable age that the player sets.

So if they make it 18 then the sentence would now read:
"Two years ago Delja was only 16 years old."

I also just realizes I need to make the input variable not be less then 2 years of age. If the player put the age they wanted Delja to be 1 years of age. The sentence would now read:
"Two years ago Delja was only -1 years old." <<<<< lol now that doesn't make sense
So how do I also fix this from ever occurring???

The zipped file is the same script.

Thanks again to anyone that is able to get this to work! It's a main think I am going to need for my game to play out in the dialog correctly.....

define N = Character("Your Thoughts", color="#1336d1") # MC thought
define d_age2 = Character("[d_age2]", color="#1336d1") # MC thought
$ d_age = 23 # [d_age2] = Delja's age should now be 23
$ d_age2 = d_age - 2 # [d_age2] = Delja's age should now be 21 using d_age] = Delja's age of 23 by default

label start:
"I wrote this simple code in a hope someone could explain how to go about fixing my problem."
"What I'm trying to do is change the MC age from default 23 to 21. But the 23 is a veriable."
"So now please input what age you want to try changing by -2 years"
$ d_age = renpy.input("Enter the defalut age please...") # [d_age] = Delja's age is 23 by default
$ d_age = d_age.strip()
if d_age == "":
$ d_age="23" # [d_age] = Delja's age is 23 by default

"The following sentence is what I am trying to say if your using defaults setting..."
N "Two years ago Delja was only 21 years old."

N "Two years ago Delja was only [d_age2] years old." # << this is the line of coad I need to drop the age by 2 year from 23 to 21 using the initial [d_age]

"So is it posible to make the variable increase or decease and show that new age in the dialog?"
"Thank you for having a look at this coade."
$ renpy.quit()