RPGM My first rpgmaker game Game of Exes

UnemployedKnight

Apr 21, 2023
Hello everyone

I'm UnemployedKnight, and I am beginning to develop my first own game called Game of Exes. You can download if you want from the link down below. This is a short demo just to show you the base of my game. I'm going to release the whole demo in a few parts, in which you can test different aspects of my game and meet more characters as the story progresses and do more activities until the real game starts. I know there are still a lot of typos and grammar error, but I want you to know that right now I'm trying to do my best to fix them. Since English is not my native, this can take some time for me.

Link:

INTRO.jpg

About the game:

Game of Exes is a game about a single guy name John who joins into this mysterious show called simply "The game" where he can win a big prize. He's transferred to the island when he discovered that other participants are known to him very well.Your job is to survive on the island as long as you can. To achieve that, you need to get good rating from your viewers and they loved some drama. So, gain trust from girlst, there are three from the start, and more will come later. Do some minor activities to score some points which can be exchanged for some useful items which will make your task easier.

For now you got limited options to do it, more future will come in the next updates.

Intro Beach.jpg Zoey p.jpg Secret Z.jpg

If you enjoy this game, or you want to share some thoughts about this game, please comment here on the f95 website. Either bad or good comments will help me to improve my game and save me from making the same errors in the future.

You can follow game development also on Patreon site:

Last edited:

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
I will be honest, I downloaded and played this for a bit, I didn't finish it but I can give some feedback.

-You should post some screenshots and more details about the game here in the post if you want more people to try it.

-There are a lot of typos and grammatical errors.

- There are places near the huts where you can walk through and over the palm trees.

-The background of the point store area looks awfully put together, the tiles I mean.

-The direction of the game is kind of unclear, what exactly is MCs goal in this game ?

-The MC feels like a bit of a mess as a character:
He joined a game with the intention to win (I assume) but he knows nothing about it and needs to be told details constantly (which is annoyoing).
He met two of his ex girlfriends there but instead of having conflicting feelings he acts like a horny teenager.
He just accepts anything he is told, or told to do, without any objection or questions.

-I like RPG maker games but honestly I don't see a good reason for this to be an rpg besides the mini games which could be made in a simplified format in a VN since it seems like you can't lose the games anyway.

-The game mentions that more people could arrive later but that makes no sense since the game has already begun and people earned points. It would not be fair to new players.

-There is no way to check the girls' trust anywhere. (That I know of)

-The topics for discussion for the girls were handled a bit wrong IMO : I don't remember Becky mentioning anything about what she likes so I had to guess (not difficult but still), while Zoey straight up told you in one sentence all of her likes

-The game just dumps all of the exposition in the beginning and throws you straight on the island. I feel like the beginning needs more scenes for the set up.

-It feels like a wasted opportunity that everyone knows what MC's task is.

Overall I think that the idea of a "trashy reality tv game show" with drama, nudity and sex has lots of potential but the execution is really important and this needs more work.

UnemployedKnight

Apr 21, 2023
Thank you so much for your opinion!
That's why I need someone opinion about the game. I've been changing game constantly and I get to the point where I didn't know what can I do to improve or to change to make it better. Right now I fell I can lot's of stuff diffrent thank's too your opinion. Once again Thank you so much!

Tobi/Chaos

Feb 17, 2021
I kinda don't trust Your Mega link if there is no pictures or anything of the game...
So guy above is giving you good suggestion... Idk why u didnt uploaded any pictures tbh...

or video... You could upload like 2/3 minutes video or at least some pictures ;x...

UnemployedKnight

Apr 21, 2023
Hey, thanks for suggestion
I didn't upload any pictures cause I was worried about this notification which pop up about that before I can add any links etc. I need to make 3 posts, but don't worry I add them later here, right after I finish first update of my game. Currently I'm trying to rewrite the whole story to make more sens and fix other issues

UnemployedKnight

Apr 21, 2023
Hi!
I just update the first post. If you are intrested in testing my game you can try it right now in this new version of my game

Catapo

Jun 14, 2018
Hi!
I just update the first post. If you are intrested in testing my game you can try it right now in this new version of my game
I took the time to play the new version up until the message with the end of the demo.

While it seemed shorter, it definitely felt like an improvement compared to the first version, so I think you are slowly getting on the right track: the maps look way better, and the scenes flowed a bit better this time. Of course there is always room for better.

As far as comments there are 3 main things I want to bring up:

- The dialogue needs A LOT of corrections, it is full of typos and gramatical errors and it really takes you out of the scenes.

- The energy bar / icons will now need some rework since it is not properly visible because of the sand tiles that are around the main camp.

- The first version mentioned other players coming but this version confirmed something more important: there will be other guys coming on the island with simiar tasks / goals.

If you ask me, I am ok with having other guys aiming for the girls but the community does not react well to this sort of thing.
My suggestion is that you need to be EXTREMELY CLEAR what your intentions are for other guys since this is a landmine that you either avoid entirely or step on it full force. There isn't really a middle ground here.

I am done with this for now but once / if this reaches a 0.3 or 0.5 I am willing to give it another shot to see how it improved.

Keep improving, good luck !

UnemployedKnight

Apr 21, 2023
Hey

I posted an update of my game. There is no new content yet, only correction of grammar errors and misspelling.

New content should be ready around the end of this week.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
cool renders. really SEXY asses are a rare sight.... double jumbo-size butts are dearly the norm.
Keep it ip, dev