Ren'Py - Completed - My Cute Roommate [v1.6.1 Ex Beta] [Astaros3D]

1. 2.00 star(s)

benhur222222

Nice artwork and story ok but gameplay very boring and slow, you get stuck without knowing if there is a bug or something.
    I've spent more time looking for help than actually playing.
    The the save/load process is also very slow.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bayunco

Great models, the story is too short though. I also chuckled at the model for the chairmans daughter and her dialogue alluding to DMD. I need greater support on mobile and a cheqt for the whole gallery.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Falkenayn

This game has a good models and good sex scenes but everything else other than this things chore to play . Only thing sandbox do for this game is making game grindy and hard to finish .If you dont have any good gameplay or meaning to add to sandbox then dont make sandbox it just making game worse for artificially making longer.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

The_Patriarch43

Got finally to play this “masterpiece” lol. I lost the traction of it because on a weekly basis the NTR tag gets either added or removed. So let's put the damn cat out of the sack: Yes, there is NTR, it's not avoidable, but it's not the full focus of it. Probably like around 30% of it if you also want to call lesbian ones too because this game has a good amount of it. Despite being a full blown sandbox you have zero choices. Everything happens like on rails but you have the privilege to grind through it and waste your time doing it.

Except for the good models there is no praise for me here. Story is dumb, characters are dumber, scenarios how they develop even more dumber. I wouldn't even suggest that with a walkthrough mod, only gallery unlock and you did everything right.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

me=)

The game doesn't have rollback, that's a big problem.

The sandbox needs some work, the options text is very large and takes up a lot of space on the screen, like many of the icons like map, tasks or items I have.

The story also leaves a lot to be desired, for example, the MC moves to a new city to start college, which he still needs to enroll in, and he still needs to study before even joining, he didn't move to start college, he moved to try to get into college.

Many bugs that prevent progress, the heart button to see the points we have earned from the girls does not work, when I try to select a girl the screen returns to the game screen.
    The menu also has bugs, sometimes I place the mouse over the save or load option, but it doesn't always work, and some menu actions are slow, save or load, very slow.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

dreamtype

This is an awesome experience once you get past all of the playability bugs.

The good
    All of the models and dialogs are superb . The setup is perfect especially incest patch (the true game). Then you meet the cousin and well I feel like I would need to describe everything that happens thus spoiing it so I'll just say if incest comics are a genre you enjoy this game has moments that will be very satisfying.

The bad
    If you've read many of the posts in the thread you might come across a few people who're having trouble following the walkthrough of the game. That because if you do something in an order the game doesn't expect you'll easily 'soft-lock' it and normally you'll have to go back to a save were its no soft-locked in order to progress.

However I was able to use Universal Ren'Py Mod to work around the games issues. Without it I could easy have given up completely.

This is also one of those ren'py games where saving and loading takes like a half a minute to do each time so that's not pleasent.

Rating
    Although, I loved this game I can't say it's perfect. Still, the content is totally perfect
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Yolomon

The game was fine. It had a rather linear story with not much going on. Writing felt incredibly on the nose. The daz models were really made. They didn't like default templates rips at all. The animations were also fine but really rough. And it looks like the dev has a fetish for muscular ladies.

But the game was absolutely riddled with bugs. I could not even save and load the game without having it crash. Renpy can only handle so much sandbox and this was its limit.

Still a decent game. 8/10.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

BlueMonday

Graphic
    7/10 -> Nice models, good variety. Sometimes they look weird tho, especially with facial expressions

Story
    7/10 -> Okayish story, nothing exceptional but it is there and it's not too bad

Gameplay
    7/10 -> Good gameplay, not excessive grinding, not easy and not difficult, a good balance that let you enjoy the game. Sometimes you may get lost on what to do next

Girls
    7.5/10 -> Different girls, nice variety as i said already, so can't complain. But yet, sometimes the weird facial expressions cannot be not noticed.

Bonus
    +1 for good incest build-up relationship

Total
    29.5/40 -> Not a bad game but not the super good game that you hear around, you enjoy it but surely won't be your favourite game
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Gintlar

My Cute Roommate [v1.6.1 Ex Beta] [Astaros3D]
    Nice game but it has too many negative factors that bothered me.
    The game has bugs, from the most harmless like the error where you just need to "ignore" to the most serious ones, where they force you to play a new game, like delivering the costume to Emily first, so you can no longer buy other costumes in the shop , interrupting almost the entire game.
    The scenes are not bad but the girls' faces are almost always horrible to see, even the bodies are not always well proportioned. The only character done properly is Anna. Also the scenes are too long.
    Some scenes in the gallery can no longer be recovered after certain events, so it is impossible to complete the game 100% without a walkthrough.
    The game offers a good variety of languages available, which is a very positive factor. Sure, they won't be translated perfectly, but they aren't bad either, they make you understand the content.
    Normal story, characters as already said quite disappointing, so-so animations and graphics.
    I still recommend trying the game, it's not so bad that it doesn't deserve an opportunity.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

WorkPlease

I didn't enjoy playing this game. The amount of grinding frustrating and/or tedious minigames really turned me off despite the pretty renders. If people have to resort to cheating, it's probably bad game design.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

lforcs

Main plus : very good artwork 4.5/5. Some interesting scenes.
    Basically no plot. The progress is ok and mostly linear.
    Main minus, from my point of view - there are several places in the progress, when you don't know how to move forward and you may need to check the forum for help.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

saturnuk00

Good game, the roommates and the others charachters are beautifull, the stoy is nice and not too long. a Good compromise between sex scenery and the story. If you like huge breast and big cock, you will like it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

xa0

Pros:
    + Nice looking and sexy models (although some characters have weird body proportions)
    + Many good and hot scenes

Cons:
    - Main plot and whole story is a bit dumb
    - Animations are somehow unnatural
    - Too much boring money grinding
    - There could be more sex ecounters with side charaters

Despite all the flaws I mentioned it's still really good game to play.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

The Sexy Chinaman

Good scenes, good animations.

I really want to give this 5 stars, but there's a couple issues stopping me.

1. The story was a little confusing for me at times and I didn't know wtf I was supposed to be doing.
    2. No auto-play. Idk why devs remove this, but it just makes me press skip because I don't like having to constantly be clicking when I'm tryna clack. I can't 5 star a game with no autoplay.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

My Cute Roommate is not a terrible game but it has some serious flaws. First and most important, the story is badly written and many of the events actually make little sense. It's not the worst story, but it can't make any character compelling or interesting in any way, much less believable. Another thing is that it's a "sandbox" game but in truth there is no sandbox, you have to do all things in order to make sure you can progress at all, wether you're interested or not in some girl or plotline. Fortunately, as far as sandbox games go, this one doesn't require too much farming and it includes cheats to make it even faster if you want. But there are also some "quests" that require you to do certain things no one has told you about, or randomly be in some place at a given time; so I suggest playing with a guide at hand.

Character models are decent, not great but decent. But animations are very bad, they are poorly done and drag on for too long, and since that's all there is to the sex scenes, they end up being uninteresting. There are some exceptions with some well done animations, but it's more an exception than a rule. And the game has some serious bugs and issues that forced me to restart the game because I did something in a different order to which it was supposed to be done and progress got blocked.

All in all, not the most terrible game out there and it does have some decent moments, but the overall is just not worth it. 4/10
  16. 5.00 star(s)

jorpy

This was one of the first games of this sort I ever played, and compared to many I have played since then, it still stuck with me in a way that shows its overall quality. I'm reviewing now after a replay, and it still holds up for me.

Female main LI is gorgeous. Development feels mostly natural and earned. Situations feel appropriately awkward or sexy or sweet where they should. Things avoid feeling too shoehorned in just to add a sex scene or LI, although of course some situations and characters are more fleshed out than others. Overall, solid.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

jams666

One of the best games on this site, probably top 5 for me. The main girl is hot and shes written pretty well, I enjoyed that they weren't in a rush to make her a slut and have sex with the MC after 20 minutes yet they through in some sexy stuff like her robe and the photoshoot and spying on her etc, some of the grinds should've had a skippable option but other than that the game is great and worth playing, this is even my second time playing and it's still great and I normally don't play a majority of these complete games twice.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

dkabal

Dude, thee story is not that much, but the girls are beautiful and the animations are awesome (2 seconds short, yet awesome). Animations are a pain to get done, and I'm really satisfied with what the author achieved.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

misterup

A real mess to play, the game does a horrible job at telling you how to progress, and the walkthrough is barely better. You need to repeat sequences you've already done if you happened to do them out of order, even if the MC should have the information to proceed, meaning that every time I got stuck I found myself cycling between several sequences just to see if repeating any of them moved the game forward. I used every single in-game cheat the game offered and it was still a miserable slog.

Also, the game lags and hitches while loading and saving, so experimenting until you figure out what you're supposed to do absolutely sucks. Best I can say is the models are pretty hot.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Tsodovios

Models 4/5
    Graphics 4/5
    Animation 2/5
    Story 2/5
    Gameplay 3/5
    All in all quite a good game and for it being the first of the developer I would say quite solid, The story is a bit awkward in my opinion but i did like that the girls stories were intertwined and had at least up until a point quite solid progression pace but it gave me the feeling that it was rushed later on as "I can't find how to connect point B to point D so let's skip point C"