Votes: 31 16.1%
  • SFX only!

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • It depends...

Votes: 54 28.1%

• Total voters

Marcibx

May 5, 2018
I always prefer music, even when it sucks.
In the best case, it adds a lot to the experience, and in the worst case I just mute it, but still appreciate that the devs bothered adding it.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Get a bit antsy when devs cram their release full of sound assets that heavily outweigh graphic assets though. If I want to download a music album I'll do that, just I don't expect one to come with a lewd game :ROFLMAO:

Neo_Awesome

Jul 28, 2018
Honestly, in adult games the music sounds too well... like its just there. I don't know how to explain it without trying to compare it to more "normal" games per say. In normal games the music actually wants to catch your attention or something.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Simple question: Do you prefer (adult!) games to have music playing in the background or to play it silently?
I personally mute the music in every adult game as soon as I hear the main theme. Why? Because it sux most of the time. If there are two sliders for music and sfx, I tend to keep the sfx, but not the music.
I know everybody has their own taste, but if you know a adult game that could prove me wrong, please post it^^
The easiest example I can think of is Being a DIK. Great job with the music in that game. The music fits the theme for each scene, you can configure which stuff you want to hear if you want, switch tracks manually if you want, etc. I found that the music really enhanced the experience though so I just left everything at the default setting.

There's also the issue that you get a different experience if you can replace some of the narrative and/or dialog with music or sound effects. For instance I would rather actually hear a knocking sound than a dialog popup that says "knock knock" or whatever. Also for something like a sex animation, instead of having a bunch of fairly pointless dialog that mostly just includes ooh, ahh, oh god, fuck me, whatever, it's nice to just have some music play in the back ground while I enjoy an animation without having to click through dialog.

Sometimes dialog or narration is not the best way to get your point across.

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
I always turn the music way waaaay down. I do enjoy sound effects, especially during sex scenes. What is really annoying is when the dev ties the sound effects to the music slider and you are forced to listen to loud music in order to hear the sound effects. This just boggles my mind.