4.20 star(s) 30 Votes

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
Move The Chains | S01E02 | Release Date Announcements

View attachment 3511165

Dates are in the image above (or wherever it's shown on whatever platform you're on.). There's still some stuff that needs to be done, but I'm confident it'll all be ready to go by the afternoon of the 8th. Namely the sound effects and gallery inserts. Shouldn't take very long for either, though. Two days, at most.

I won't be doing a thorough editing just yet. Why? I'll be heading to Japan for a little under a week, so my time is a little stretched there. It should be cleaned up well before the public release, though. I also need to re-normalize some of the music as my dumb ass forgot the normalization settings I used for Episode 1. Again, shouldn't take long, nor should it effect anything for those that play through it before I do so.

There's going to be some more news coming as I close out Episode 2's development. Namely regarding WWJK (some might not like it, some might.) and Steam news, for anyone who cares about that (either way, a wishlist if you haven't already, would be much appreciated.)

It's been a minute, but I appreciate all the patience. Thanks, and I hope everyone enjoys the release! :)
public release would sure take a lot of time

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
public release would sure take a lot of time
If the last update was anything to use as a reference, I doubt it makes it that far without being leaked.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I've had Season 1 of this game on my wishlist since 15th September last year, and it's supposedly coming out in early access on Steam, but no date yet :cry:.

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I've had Season 1 of this game on my wishlist since 15th September last year, and it's supposedly coming out in early access on Steam, but no date yet :cry:.
Most likely October, as it lines up with the Next Fest and probably gives me enough time to get another update out (or close to it.) before a Steam release.

Just have to make sure the ducks are in a row before I publicly state a specific date.

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023
but just a friendly reminder that leaking releases early hurts creators and can potentially put project you enjoy playing in danger, so try to at least hold on for at least half of the "pre-public release" period before uploading :)
Yeah

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
just a friendly reminder that leaking releases early
If their stuff is good, it shouldn't matter.

You sound like you are buddies with the Dev and want more people buying the game/update blindly and quickly instead of letting them play and deciding for themselves if they want to buy it, help support or not.

I would also make sure the game has plenty of content instead of just a Chapter or 2 for Early Access on Steam. The only update the game has received since Sept 15 2023 of last year is a bug fix for Chapter 1. That's insane to me.

It just shows me that if someone bought the game on Steam, they'll be waiting a really long time before the next update, and it shouldn't be like that. Doesn't seem reliable or trustworthy, trustworthy of even releasing an update.

I'd wait till like, 4 or so Chapters in. I own a couple of AVNS that released with 2-3 Chapters, and here I am, left waiting for new updates.

That's just me though, and what I think. Feel free to easily ignore me if you wish. I said my peace.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
If their stuff is good, it shouldn't matter.
It does matter. Patreon numbers spike a fair bit prior to release, especially in the mid/cheaper tiers. As soon as it's leaked, those numbers either slow down significantly or fall. I could very well just be a dick and DMCA all the links posted here like a certain few devs, no?

You sound like you are buddies with the Dev and want more people buying the game/update blindly and quickly instead of letting them play and deciding for themselves if they want to buy it, help support or not.
Where did they say that? The first release here is publicly available. Free. If a player decides to support on Patreon/Itch/etc., then they're obviously welcome to. All he said was that leaking Patreon-first updates kind of hurts the growth of a project. Which is objectively true.

I would also make sure the game has plenty of content instead of just a Chapter or 2 for Early Access on Steam. The only update the game has received since Sept 15 2023 of last year is a bug fix for Chapter 1. That's insane to me.

It just shows me that if someone bought the game on Steam, they'll be waiting a really long time before the next update, and it shouldn't be like that. Doesn't seem reliable or trustworthy, trustworthy of even releasing an update.
You haven't been following along, I'm guessing? Might be a good idea before going after someone's character. I've been fully transparent (and communicative as possible) with why an update has taken so long. Progress reports are free on Patreon. The most recent one (#7) might explain a bit.

I'd love to work on this full time, especially seeing the number of devs who remake their game three times and yet still make three times my rent doing fuck all, but the reality is $500-$600 ain't going to cut it. Definitely a lot more than what many other devs get and I'm grateful for that, but until I can make a living off this, school and work take priority.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
It does matter. Patreon numbers spike a fair bit prior to release, especially in the mid/cheaper tiers. As soon as it's leaked, those numbers either slow down significantly or fall. I could very well just be a dick and DMCA all the links posted here like a certain few devs, no?

Where did they say that? The first release here is publicly available. Free. If a player decides to support on Patreon/Itch/etc., then they're obviously welcome to. All he said was that leaking Patreon-first updates kind of hurts the growth of a project. Which is objectively true.

You haven't been following along, I'm guessing? Might be a good idea before going after someone's character. I've been fully transparent (and communicative as possible) with why an update has taken so long. Progress reports are free on Patreon. The most recent one (#7) might explain a bit.

I'd love to work on this full time, especially seeing the number of devs who remake their game three times and yet still make three times my rent doing fuck all, but the reality is $500-$600 ain't going to cut it. Definitely a lot more than what many other devs get and I'm grateful for that, but until I can make a living off this, school and work take priority.
You clearly didn't ask for my opinion, or anyone else, but, I feel that I need to say a few things here.

When this game first was made public, I looked at it, and I will be honest, sorry, my first impression was that it was going to be a WVM look alike. The color schemes, the theme, the whole thing, made me have that suspicion. For a few days I stayed away. Not because of anything else, but the fact that I do love that other game even in the state it is now.

After a few days I decided I had to know. I had to find out if my suspicion is true or not.

Newsflash, it wasn't. Yes, some details are shared, but it's like saying a F1 race and a WRT one are similar. Except for the color theme for the Teams, nothing else was the same.

So, I went in. And I loved each minute. Since, I've replayed it, 2x. I am quite excited for an update being near.

Peace :)

serLuc

Feb 10, 2023
I'm not at all familiar with collegiate sports in America, I've never even heard of NILs prior to reading this. I have to ask, do the numbers in this game match up to the actual money college athletes make in the US?

Cameo

Oct 2, 2017
I'm not at all familiar with collegiate sports in America, I've never even heard of NILs prior to reading this. I have to ask, do the numbers in this game match up to the actual money college athletes make in the US?
according to this article its between 1k to 10k on average, but some top athletes can have some insane numbers (Bronny James for example)

Reactions: serLuc

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
NILs are relatively new to college athletics as a whole (and fairly controversial among coaches). I based the numbers off of the high end, and then dipped them some based on the controversy around MC. Caleb Williams had made around 10 million USD. The more average number among top recruits tends to be in the .

Reactions: haooni and serLuc

serLuc

Feb 10, 2023
according to this article its between 1k to 10k on average
Well, that amount still seems reasonable.
NILs are relatively new to college athletics as a whole (and fairly controversial among coaches).
I imagine so. Our colleges already have brands they are sponsored by when we come in. So signing with another isn't even an option. And even then, the money you make off the school sponsors are regulated by the school board.
Caleb Williams had made around 10 million USD. The more average number among top recruits tends to be in the .
Damn! Before even going pro? That's insane. Doesn't that affect their eligibility?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Damn! Before even going pro? That's insane. Doesn't that affect their eligibility?
Yeah, even before going pro. Though, as Cameo said, many don't ever see anything near seven digits. As long as everything is up to par and on paper, there's nothing effecting eligibility. The transfer portal is kind of a mess on its own, but with NIL and money becoming available to athletes, it's basically turned into a pseudo-free agency that exists in most pro sports in that players will just transfer to whoever's going to pay the most. I believe it does come with a penalty of missing games, but its minimal. There's some inner workings I'm not entirely privy to (which is also why I gloss over certain points that tend to be more superfluous than anything else.), like schools probably having X and X lucrative deals for the player if they come there. Kinda hard to say.

At the end of the day, most of them are there to play their three years in college and go pro. For now, at least. If the NIL money goes up like some expect it to, then you might see players stay longer instead of bombing/failing in a pro league.

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
Yeah, even before going pro. Though, as Cameo said, many don't ever see anything near seven digits. As long as everything is up to par and on paper, there's nothing effecting eligibility. The transfer portal is kind of a mess on its own, but with NIL and money becoming available to athletes, it's basically turned into a pseudo-free agency that exists in most pro sports in that players will just transfer to whoever's going to pay the most. I believe it does come with a penalty of missing games, but its minimal. There's some inner workings I'm not entirely privy to (which is also why I gloss over certain points that tend to be more superfluous than anything else.), like schools probably having X and X lucrative deals for the player if they come there. Kinda hard to say.

At the end of the day, most of them are there to play their three years in college and go pro. For now, at least. If the NIL money goes up like some expect it to, then you might see players stay longer instead of bombing/failing in a pro league.
Yeah, the very nasty and ugly part of sports. I'm no ingenue that doesn't know that money rules. But, it is UGLY as fuck. My nephew at 17 is earning more money playing Football (the real one) than his mother and father combined. Even now that he is home injured with a broken clavicle. The kid will be a millionaire before he's 20. Yeah, he trained since he was 5. Gave up his weekends, his vacations, but, even tho, it's too much money... too too much.

Peace :(

Reactions: MissFortune
4.20 star(s) 30 Votes