Mother who does not look like a mother. Why?

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Hello,

I am currently working on daz3d in the idea of creating a game and I ended up with a question about one of my characters.
It's a mother ... who has children (yes it's better) who are around 18 years old. A little as usual.
I could see here and there people complaining that in some games the mother did not look like a mother.
But I do not remember or there was no mention of why she did not look like a mother.
Is it the haircut, the shapes, the clothes, the skin ...?

So if you found yourself in this kind of situation, playing a game and having the impression that the mother did not look like a mother, could you tell me what game it is or show me an image and tell me, for you, why she does not look like a mother.

All to see if I can succeed in not falling into the same mistakes.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Rahul99

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
It would all depend on the context of the story of your game, for example:

• if the mother gave birth very young she will obviously keep her figure and beauty.
  • if the mother gave birth around 30's she will obviously a little saggy but... again depend on what she do during her free time, maybe she done sports/yoga she will retains some shape & beauty.

It all depends on the mother's background story you give her.

Reactions: Rahul99

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Most of the mothers look too young for their age. Let's assume the mother gave birth at 16 and now her child is 18. That would make her 34. Most of the moms look like they're in their mid twenties. And no big boobs and ass don't make her magically look like a woman in her thirties.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Theres some games that put zero effort into it and the "mom" looks like an anorexic fashion model. As long as you steer away from that it's ok.

Having a haircut/make up you might see on older women, wider hips/thighs than the the teens and conservative fashion sense etc. helps the immersion. Some devs create models where the fat is concentrated on the hips and tits while being anorexic everywhere else leaving a bad impression. In reality fat is distributed evenly.

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
Well... the creators have to sell their game somehow.

But if, as Oiz says, they sometimes tend to exaggerate by putting a mother as if she were a 20-year-old girl.

But in other cases they also go so far as to exaggerate, putting the mother as an old woman. a clear example would be the TemptationXXX's game then after he give it a thought she change the model.

68847_mp_15.png > 86928_mp_43.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mashoodm

The Architect

Singing dancing crap of the world
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
In real life, a woman at her late 30's might have same the body shape of a younger one, but you can more easily guess her age looking at her skin. Skin gets damaged with time, and there's not much a woman can do about it. Make the younger characters with soft smooth skin, and work on skin of older ones to make them look older: stronger bump maps, stronger specular shading or specific 'older person' textures (most Daz characters have only young people textures).

Also, you can try other tricks: make the mom taller, just a little more curvy, with discrete and shorter hair, more formal clothes.

And of course, the character dialog is extremely important. A little more formal speech, some mementos of 'the past', etc..

All these must be applied with the right sublety so you can have a mother, and not a grandma. That what I tried to do in my game

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Maybe the powers of yoga? Lots of such moms do it.

On a more serious note, making a character look older without making them look bad is harder than settling for a 30-ish look, so many will be tempted by it. @baneini was spot on with the hips/waist comment, that's one thing your average real mom will suffer from, keeping down the weight after a certain age is fucking hard and they usually end up thicker than the models people use.

Also I have the feeling incest games picture their mcs has 12-14 and just don't do because it's not allowed.

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Thank you for your answers.

I had come to the same ideas overall so I should be able to do something right.
Obviously for the skin I have a little more difficulty in view of the models that can be found, which rarely have significant details or representing a woman in her thirties. I will try to work a bit on the bump and specular to see what happens.

Katgza

Nov 4, 2016
Thank you for your answers.

I had come to the same ideas overall so I should be able to do something right.
Obviously for the skin I have a little more difficulty in view of the models that can be found, which rarely have significant details or representing a woman in her thirties. I will try to work a bit on the bump and specular to see what happens.
wish you the best my friend and Good Luck

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
It is less the body shape that is the problem. Mature women become more refined so to say. Meaning there are more 'imperfections' which does not mean necessarily they become ugly. A little more crows in the eye section from laughing over the years, same around the mouth etc. Only really young characters dont have those wrinkles (yet) but they are typical from a certain age. We are not talking about craters either - refinement as i called it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But I do not remember or there was no mention of why she did not look like a mother.
  • Firstly, the shape :
    The boobs, even small ones, definitively lost their fight against gravity when they were full of milk. Even when fit, she still have a little more fat around the hips. The waist is also less small, it's more the straight line from boobs to the hips, than anything else.
  • Secondly, the skin :
    More crumpled, with more freckles, but not as a ginger, it's more spots of a skin which is little darker. There's also the obviously missing stretch marks. They can be avoided, but they never completely disappear.
  • Thirdly, the face :
    They all have a facelift done on them during their sleep, there's no other explanation for their so perfect face. Among other wrinkles, they must have bridles (that's what Google told me :/ The little wrinkles around the eyes). They are mandatory. Whatever the way you take care of your skin, the bridles are one of the few unavoidable marks of the aging process. Anyway they must have wrinkles... especially if they are supposed to be mothers who raised their kids alone, fighting everything to achieve this and dedicating all their life to this sole task.
  • Fourthly, the neck and hands :
    Some wrinkles also here, like the bridles it's a mandatory mark of the aging process.
  • Fifthly (since I'm here, but it's a detail), the labia :
    Understand one thing, they aren't different than a penis. When the girl is aroused the labia are flooded with blood and swell slightly. With time and repetition it mean crumpled skin. Completely smooth labia mean that it's photoshoped, that there's a ton shit of make-up, or that it's a baby. Even a 18yo girls have more
    crumpled labia than these supposed to be 30-ish mothers.
    And don't think that a, "she didn't had sex in age", can save you here. Like I said, it's like a penis, and as far as I know, you don't have a boner only when you have sex. It's not because she's a woman and she abandoned her sexual life, that she isn't still aroused more than once every day. Especially since labia are flooded with blood during almost all the pregnancy.
    There's also the skin color. 30 years wearing panties mean 30 years of friction and darker skin.

And, yes, this apply to every single mother, and in fact every single woman. Whatever how much they take care of their body, whatever how much they exercise and how fit they are, what I said apply to all of them. I knew a girl (happily married, shit) who, at 60ish, was still a fucking goddess in swimsuit and had the bad habit to stole her daughters (16yo regular twins) clothes... which were a little too loose for her. And despite all this, what I said still applied to her as well.

Everything else is irrelevant. A 70yo mother can have the mind and life style of a 18yo girl, but she'll never have her body nor her skin.

So if you found yourself in this kind of situation, playing a game and having the impression that the mother did not look like a mother, could you tell me what game it is or show me an image and tell me, for you, why she does not look like a mother.
I can't remember a single game which have a mother looking like a mother, which don't mean that there isn't a single one.

All to see if I can succeed in not falling into the same mistakes.
I'm not sure that there's a single Daz3D asset which really depict a mother or even a >30 years woman.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
One of the things that's been interesting (at least to me) in the Genesis 8 line (both male and female) is that Daz has started to put out models that, to my eye, are no longer all "20-something." Alexandra 8, to my eye, looks 40-ish, but a good 40-ish. Similarly, Edward and Keith clearly have a few more years on them than most of the G3 males.

This allows you to do some interesting things. If, for example, you "dial in" less than 100% of Alexandra, you get a somewhat younger looking Alexandra, since some of the line in her face aren't as deep. Gives you a bit more flexibility in terms of "apparent age."

Of course, there are also "aging morphs" available that will add crow's feet, etc. to one of the younger models but you still have the issues of a convincing-looking skin, as was mentioned above.

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
I don't think I have the qualities to be able to retouch the skin properly, so I tried some other changes.
I'm at this point for the moment, but I don't know what to think about it. If you have comments, don't hesitate :)
(In the first idea that it can make think of a mother of ... 36-38 years)

test.jpg

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
I don't think I have the qualities to be able to retouch the skin properly, so I tried some other changes.
I'm at this point for the moment, but I don't know what to think about it. If you have comments, don't hesitate :)
(In the first idea that it can make think of a mother of ... 36-38 years)

View attachment 80019
Try increasing the bump setting for her skin. That often has already a good effect giving more depth to wrinkles etc

Reactions: Phoenixfarts

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Unfortunately, I can not change much anymore at this level. I'm already at 5 on the base Bump and there are not enough wrinkles on the skin anyway.
And I have not found skin with more wrinkles, except maybe Lilith but it is already used too much for my taste.
Well, unless I missed something else ... I don't think I can do more for the skin.

Reactions: Alaa Essa

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Unfortunately, I can not change much anymore at this level. I'm already at 5 on the base Bump and there are not enough wrinkles on the skin anyway.
And I have not found skin with more wrinkles, except maybe Lilith but it is already used too much for my taste.
Well, unless I missed something else ... I don't think I can do more for the skin.
Have a look at this . She is in her mid 30s and check those areas around her eyes and the mouth. Also the freckle like spots all over her skin are pretty normal . You could add a layer on top of your current skin with those maybe. If you want to go down that rabbit hole that is :) Your current one is just very smooth for being in her 30s - which isnt a problem you are alone with. Most dont really care about it when they create those characters.

There are extra morphs for adding crows around the eyes ie - you might want to check for those if you dont want to fiddle with the skin itself

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
Thank you :) I will try to work a little more on it. The worst thing is that I'm not even sure to use it one day ^^ But it's always good to learn this kind of manipulation.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Have a look at this . She is in her mid 30s and check those areas around her eyes and the mouth.
Also the wrinkles at the bottom of her neck. She don't really have wrinkles, except on these three spots. That's what make her look older than a 20ish woman, but still younger than a 40ish woman.

You could add a layer on top of your current skin with those maybe.
If he can, then he must think of it like a skin stained by the age. It's the same that what happen to a sheet of paper with the time. Just a little darker most of the time, with no uniformity.
I don't think that it will be a big deal if it's not perfect, since it will still be better than 99,99% of the actual 30ish/40ish mothers.

Reactions: tooldev

Kushal_1947

Jan 4, 2021
It would all depend on the context of the story of your game, for example:

• if the mother gave birth very young she will obviously keep her figure and beauty.
  • if the mother gave birth around 30's she will obviously a little saggy but... again depend on what she do during her free time, maybe she done sports/yoga she will retains some shape & beauty.

It all depends on the mother's background story you give her.
I need beautiful mother please