Most of the Ren'Py games wont start

Dhexztah

Sep 22, 2018
Im having a problem with Ren'py games. They wont even start and just keep getting "suspended" in task manager. I could play them before but after september 2018 i couldn't play anything at all. My pc are update frequently, got the latest graphic driver update, tried doing the Admin, Compatibility. Tried using cmd to try to fix it. I even bought 2 anti virus/malware remover but both of them couldn't find any errors, also tried recovering my pc to an earlier month this year. If someone could help me that would be nice because im craving to play some games.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Im having a problem with Ren'py games. They wont even start and just keep getting "suspended" in task manager. I could play them before but after september 2018 i couldn't play anything at all. My pc are update frequently, got the latest graphic driver update, tried doing the Admin, Compatibility. Tried using cmd to try to fix it. I even bought 2 anti virus/malware remover but both of them couldn't find any errors, also tried recovering my pc to an earlier month this year. If someone could help me that would be nice because im craving to play some games.
It sounds like your anti-virus is doing it. Have you tried to disable your anti-virus and run one?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I googled the error:

Apparently someone solved it by changing the compatibility of the executable (to Windows Vista).