VN Others Completed Moon. [Tactics]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
img_0.jpg

Overview:

The story follows a young girl named Amasawa Ikumi who follows the recent death of her mother to an organization known as FARGO. Ikumi joins FARGO and uncovers their disturbing nature of harnessing psychic abilities through torture.

Original Title: Moon.
VNDB:
Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
Year: Japan 1997-11-21, English Patch 2009-05-21
Developer: Tactics
Publishers: Tactics
Language: English
Voice: Japanese
Translation: TLWiki & Amaterasu Translations
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
This is one I've played before. Like many similar to it, it's a well-told story and should be played for the story alone. I will warn you that games like this can really get you depressed or angry. However, I believe that the point of these Japanese eroges that touch on those subjects is meant to provoke the emotions they do. I think that they are trying to get the readers to consider the emotional and psychological toll that it takes on both sides. What's your take on this story?
My take on this story is that you need to consider very carefully the steps you take to achieve your goals because it can have unintended consequences.

Crescens

Aug 19, 2016
I always got Media player classic by using CCCP but both 64 bit version and 32 bit version don't seem to work for this game. I am on windows 10 though. Game opens just doesn't give me video though I can click through to the options window or close the game.

Edit: Just tried grabbing MPC-HC but also doesn't work :(

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I always got Media player classic by using CCCP but both 64 bit version and 32 bit version don't seem to work for this game. I am on windows 10 though. Game opens just doesn't give me video though I can click through to the options window or close the game.

Have you tried K-Lite codec pack?

Reactions: Cirro84

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016

Make sure you change to compatibility mode (You have to change compatibility to Windows XP SP3 in order to play the game(tested and working on Windows 7 32 bits).

Even than it might not work with Windows 10, a lot of older visual novels have problems with Windows 10.

Personally i use K-Lite Codec Pack, Mega version (more stuff than default).

Reactions: Jeffy91

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
These classics...
I'd set up a VM for those if I had the time. Or an old computer, as I did for DOS classic games a long time ago... :oops:

Crescens

Aug 19, 2016
I used to use a program called Dbox (I think) for dos games...never had a problem with it.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Know what you mean, it's a frontend to the DOSBox emulator. Yes, on modern comps that's quite a good solution. But I had an old Pentium 200 MMX, so I thought I give it a try. :)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Dosbox -
Archive...
XXX version ....

Reactions: Cirro84

WeiserP

Aug 10, 2019
Hi, unfortunately I can't get the game running (either Win 10 or WinXP virtual machine). I tried all the codecs suggested in the previous posts and also changed the region Settings according to the instructions. Still I get a cryptic error message (see attachment). Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

baonguyen2002

Jul 25, 2019
Hey I downloaded the game and I'm on Windows 10. Running the game in Win XP SP3 compatibilty mode doesn't do anything so I had to go way back to Win 98, the openings ran fine, but the game gives a blank black screen. Clicking does make some voicelines appear, so that means the game is running but refusing to display anything. Does anyone have a fix for this, please help me out.