Monster People Diversity in Adult Games

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
But what are the peoples' stances on lamias, nagas, or otherwise known as snake-people in regards to their... uh, rear? Specifically, this is for the hybrid forms like centaurs or Disney-esque mermaids (i.e., half-human, half other--very human-like torsos and non-human like lower bodies). Personally, I don't like lamias to have an ass like that of a woman or have their poop-chute on the back of the "spine" of their serpentine body. In my head, if a lamia were to be an actual creature, then that representation just doesn't make sense to me. I'd move the scale (lol, no pun intended) closer to the snake side of things. I should probably dig up some images or something... I mean, y'all understand what's being asked, yes?
I see you're a Back of culture and refined tastes....

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I am a human, how could I possibly identify with a monster? Also afaik at least 95% of developers are humans too, they can't write monsters because they don't know about them enough.
That's the beauty of writing fiction, you can do anything. You create a character from nothing, only limited by your imagination.
Readers either like it, or the don't. Who are they to judge? Have they ever been to planet Xivinala, or seen a Xivinalian in person? Nope. You have, you went there and brought this creature back with you. You lived among the Xivinali for 4 years, you learned their ways, observed their habits, their mating rituals. You are THE authority on all things Xivinalian.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Don't forget Unicorns need love to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, but no one here is talking about the elephant in the room: 90% of the monsterpeople market is taken by succubi.
We not only need more monsters in our adult games, but more monster variety. The prevalent inclusion of succubi clearly indicates that they are used to give a false sense of diversity, since they are usually pretty much human. We need to stop this hypocrisy.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
But we should as well give credit where credit is due. One game that does monster diversity right is Monstergirl quest.
Sure, a Lamia as the companion of the MC is not the boldest choice, since lamias are pretty popular, but at least she's not a Succubus and the game is full of unpopular monsters, each getting their time in the spotlight.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
There should definitely be more monster girls in h-games (and in general)!!!
Too bad I'm already working on something totally different... but maybe I can find a way to include some monsters anyway (a nightmare? minigames? hm...) :3

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
A game with actual monsterous monsters would be interesting storywise, most of the monsters we get currently are either the bad guys, a human with a palette swap or don't look all that monsterous in the first place.

Reactions: Hajtand

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018

Yeah, but no one here is talking about the elephant in the room: 90% of the monsterpeople market is taken by succubi.
We not only need more monsters in our adult games, but more monster variety. The prevalent inclusion of succubi clearly indicates that they are used to give a false sense of diversity, since they are usually pretty much human. We need to stop this hypocrisy.
Oh well I suppose I will have to buckle under pressure

Reactions: Abîme

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@polywog in case it was not clear enough, I was making fun of the common arguments in the other diversity thread.

I would also like to point out that humans writing monster girls is monster cultural appropriation.
You can never be clear enough with some people. Unfortunately all this thread does is muddy the water.

So now if someone says, "It would be great to see more games with South Americans." The response will be "Don't you care about monster people?"

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
You can never be clear enough with some people. Unfortunately all this thread does is muddy the water.

So now if someone says, "It would be great to see more games with South Americans." The response will be "Don't you care about monster people?"
Some will surely make that joke, but I've seen a lot of people on this forum fully capable of a mature discussion, so I think you're generalizing too much.
Besides I don't think you're helping your cause by always bringing up the same subset of the matter, that is "Hispanic" representation. There are a lot of other ethnicities way less represented and yet never mentioned, for instance Eskimos.
Of course everyone would like adult games in a contemporary setting to be as close as possible to their immediate reality, but that's not possible. I can't demand everyone on the internet to produce adult games that represent Italian society in my particular Region (since just going a bit North or South would change a lot).
The reason is the same for aliens and monsters always attacking the USA and Japan in movies and anime respectively, because those media are produced there by people who live in that social reality and produce entertainment mainly for an audience homogeneous to them.

But this is not the thread for this discussion, so feel free to ignore me and in case it might be better to @ me in the other one.