4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
But you could give Luka a skill which would initiate the talking... just like in paradox. So you wouldn't need to event it with the battle manager (or what ever it was called).
But focus on the things you like to do, so you hopefully won't end up losing motivation.
As a matter of fact, I never played Paradox. The first reason was to never get hyped about the sequels, so I will only play when it's completed, the second was to not copy features from that on this remake. I was afraid people would just say I was copying Torotoro instead of actually trying to remake MGQ. So the less I know about it, the less I can copy. But I am using some assets from it, at least as a base (I edited many of them, the monster girl sprites for example) as well story information I got from the wikia, that's how I know the name of the Four Bandits. The surnames of everyone (except Alice and Tamamo) were made by me. I tried to find the surnames torotoro gave them, but looks like he never gave them any surnames (Elma isn't surname, in japanese her name is arumaeruma, even her pictures names are like that, rogue separated it to look better).

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
A little update. After three days typo fixing, I finally finished the 363 mistakes pointed out by A Dity Mexican 666. Thanks, man. It really helps. I am still looking for scripts to be used later in game, but with all things considered, there isn't much to do on this part of game anymore, maybe just rephrase some dialogs I'm still not fully satisfied with. When I am satisfied with the scripts, I will begin working on Natalia Region.

See ya!

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Another update. After retesting the entire game I fixed or edited every line of dialog I could. I am pretty satisfied with the results, and shouldn't need to do this anymore for this part. Also I restructured the crafting system to remove most of the materials and recipes you wouldn't use anyway. This should make the crafting more gradual and easier to get what you need. I still need to test if the balance I used is good enough of if it needs fine tuning but it should be ok.

As a side note, I think the new script I used to make the lanterns is causing lag. i'm not sure, but during my test I sure got the impression even if my FPS Meter says I'm running at 60fps, I have the feeling it is frameskipping. it doesn't happen all the time, but I may need to remove the script to improve performance. A small setback, but there is more ways to make exploration nice.

I'm am also thinking about trying to improve the sex-scenes by including some lines of pleasure of the girls. In the entire MGQ just 2 girls actually got an orgasm, all the rest just made Luka cum and were satisfied by that. Of course, such alteration would affect only the light version. It shouldn't take too much time to do this. I'm not a great h-writer, but I'm playing some games with the same genre of MGQ and got some inspiration. What you guys think?

Well, that's all for today. See ya.

Reactions: ponyguy

Superk

May 21, 2017
I'm am also thinking about trying to improve the sex-scenes by including some lines of pleasure of the girls. In the entire MGQ just 2 girls actually got an orgasm, all the rest just made Luka cum and were satisfied by that.
But wasn't that, like, the entire point of them attacking you? I'm not against the idea because I understand it, but aren't the monster girls only after his semen?

Reactions: dd777

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
But wasn't that, like, the entire point of them attacking you? I'm not against the idea because I understand it, but aren't the monster girls only after his semen?
You are analizing this only by logical factor, not the evolutive one. We need food, so we evolved to like food, or more precisely, certain types of food (the ones full of fat because they have more energy), same thing with sex, we to do it not just for reproduction but because we feel pleasure on it. That's how living things work, what they need, they feel pleasure on doing it, on that line of thinking, it makes all sense for them to look for orgams as well together with semen.

But As I said, I'm still thinking if I should do it. In the end the factor that will matter most is "Will it be more exciting that way?". I'm sure that the fanboys who don't want any changes will complain about it, So I will eventually try it on some scenes and see the reception when/if I have a large enough audience.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'd like to hear your end goals for the game. In the original MGQ series, there was just so much about it that made it fun. Were the battles a little lacking? Maybe. But it made up for that with variety. Like there wasn't a need to grind to see the next girl or sex scene. Paradox itself is pretty much a remake. It takes place in an alternate universe, has a completely different story and lore, and uses a complex class/job system. From what I've read, it seems like you're recycling the plot and changing what you think are flaws in the original game. If it's just that, it would basically be a mod (excluding combat, you could redo anything you want in that case). I'm not sure that's worth translating a game to a whole different engine. What is it that you hope to do?

As for the argument that Ren'Py doesn't do well for combat, I have no idea how coding works, but Karmasutra was done in that engine and its combat system seemed okay. (But the game itself was really grindy and boring, in my opinion)

Edit/P.S. It takes Dargoth months, if not years, just to translate Paradox from Japanese to English, and he's got a team. I believe it's due to technical difficulties with RPGM. If you're going to spend a really long time on just making sure the game works, it really might be better to just go for a mod.

Reactions: dd777

DatheroLuka

May 28, 2018
I believe it's due to technical difficulties with RPGM
It's not so much that it's difficulties, rather it's him losing motivation and being lazy to translate.

Taken from the Paradox Discord he frequents. That's where the translators hang around.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I'd like to hear your end goals for the game. In the original MGQ series, there was just so much about it that made it fun. Were the battles a little lacking? Maybe. But it made up for that with variety. Like there wasn't a need to grind to see the next girl or sex scene. Paradox itself is pretty much a remake. It takes place in an alternate universe, has a completely different story and lore, and uses a complex class/job system. From what I've read, it seems like you're recycling the plot and changing what you think are flaws in the original game. If it's just that, it would basically be a mod (excluding combat, you could redo anything you want in that case). I'm not sure that's worth translating a game to a whole different engine. What is it that you hope to do?

As for the argument that Ren'Py doesn't do well for combat, I have no idea how coding works, but Karmasutra was done in that engine and its combat system seemed okay. (But the game itself was really grindy and boring, in my opinion)

Edit/P.S. It takes Dargoth months, if not years, just to translate Paradox from Japanese to English, and he's got a team. I believe it's due to technical difficulties with RPGM. If you're going to spend a really long time on just making sure the game works, it really might be better to just go for a mod.
As I said in a past post,( ). And you are being generous to call that battle system "a little lacking". The only thing you did was to attack three times and use meditaion 90% of the battle. I understand that you don't like RPG Maker or the running around typical of video games so you preffer something more linear and relaxing like a visual novel, so, I will say, this remake isn't for you. Also Paradox as you said is in another universe, which already meens a Reboot, not a remake. Remake necessarily is the same story, try to look in any remake out there

Edit: I am aware of what I managed to pull off until now, and I'm not expecting to finish this game soon. But As stated back, This is a hobby, I'm not asking for money neither I don't have a deadline.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
As I said in a past post,( ). And you are being generous to call that battle system "a little lacking". The only thing you did was to attack three times and use meditaion 90% of the battle. I understand that you don't like RPG Maker or the running around typical of video games so you preffer something more linear and relaxing like a visual novel, so, I will say, this remake isn't for you. Also Paradox as you said is in another universe, which already meens a Reboot, not a remake. Remake necessarily is the same story, try to look in any remake out there
I'm not sure why you believe that I don't like RPGM in general. I talked about Paradox because I've played and enjoyed it. Quite honestly, I have no idea what you'd define as a remake vs a reboot. You're already planning to make some big changes to the story. Heck, just giving Luka the ability to equip different items already changes the lore. As for the original story, I admit that parts of it are silly, but there can be so many ways to explain what you consider to be unreasonable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But once again, what's your end goal here? Like if it's as simple as making an actual combat system and "fixing plot holes", again, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Reactions: dd777 and Julius

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I'm not sure why you believe that I don't like RPGM in general. I talked about Paradox because I've played and enjoyed it. Quite honestly, I have no idea what you'd define as a remake vs a reboot. You're already planning to make some big changes to the story. Heck, just giving Luka the ability to equip different items already changes the lore. As for the original story, I admit that parts of it are silly, but there can be so many ways to explain what you consider to be unreasonable.

But once again, what's your end goal here? Like if it's as simple as making an actual combat system and "fixing plot holes", again, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

And I repeat my intention is to give it a proper gameplay, fix plotholes, and expand the story fleshing out the universe. I think the game deserve it. I want to make a definitive version. A mod in the visual novel engine would seriously hinder my ability to give it a proper gameplay. Until now, I never saw a proper RPG gameplay in visual novel, and MGQ is an RPG story.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
The realistic scenario here would be Ilias killing off Alice II, along with all the strong monsters, leaving behind the weakest monsters to be hunted by humans as sport. You don't live for hundreds, if not thousands, of years acting a certain way and suddenly change, especially when it looks like you're winning.

That part I believe isn't a plothole, but that's a good reminder, I will include that explanation somewhere.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

Ilias needed to treathen all humankind to make the First seal herself, it is plausible that she wasn't in her best shape to use a tactic like that. Besides, you know how the First would escape from the seal, Tamamo for example might very well know how to break it in case Ilias try something like that.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
What happens if Tamamo releases the First? A clash between two gods in full power, the galaxy would become cosmic dust, exactly what the First tried to avoid. If they could just fend her off, that would be enough for Tamamo, and Ilias wasn't acting herself, there was no need (yet) to lauch the First fury (their Nuclear Weapon). But don't worry, in the end, I will explain my vision of why Ilias didn't sue her god-like powers to finish their puny opponents, I just don't want to give far too much spoiler.

But it's clear the my vision about this is very different than of yours. I think the world must be fleshed with parties with interests and actions, and not just a bunch of apaty, being just a monster lord didn't want it, so humans kept their societies, their Ilias worship and their heroes. This isn't even about realism anymore, but for what is more engaging.

Thanks for the discussion, hope you stick around to see what is my vision of the game, but if not, thank you for your time.

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
I've noticed that all the promo images have blocky aliased edges from the up-sizing. I realize that repainting them all would be a LOT of work, but there are alternatives.

There are quite a few resizing algorithms that are specialized for hand drawn art (or more specifically anime style). I'd suggest you run the images though one of these tools.

Google search for Waifu2x
(I can't post links yet...)
There is a GitHub project if you want to run the resizing on your machine. Or you can use the web interface. BUT, if you use the web interface, be SURE to use the .jp domain that comes up. There are others, and I have no idea whether or not they are legit or not. (The algorithm can be run by anyone, so they might be. But they might also be full of trojans).

Reactions: Unknown Developer

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
yay more mgq stuff my thirst for more mgq is slightly more quenched and if people call this crap play this yeah point proven

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
yay more mgq stuff my thirst for more mgq is slightly more quenched and if people call this crap play this yeah point proven
I was one of the guys who supported that project, my main reason to make this remake. Ms. Myers, the dev, tried to do much more than he could, great game requires great time, great funds, and great skill.

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
unknown developer what about the unholy wind of sylph merging with lukas holy wind despite light and dark being incompatable how you gonna fix that plothole?

tzer

Apr 30, 2018
what happened to mgq3d answer (change the ! to an i)they flipped it on its head and its no longer mgq3d p.s anyone know where i can get thos badass version of hero

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
After many distractions, I finally finished everything I wanted to do with Ilias Island. I want to make one last test before posting it here. If you already played the first version, there won't be anything new story related. The biggest change in fact was a reestructuring of the craft system. After thinking a little, I decided to reduce the number of items to 10 and increase the quantity dropped. The reason is that the monster girls get really resistent in Harpy Village and Selene Cave, and that can be annoying. If you don't have sufficient items to feel confident to use them and save some for the boss, you will likely just hold on them until the boss, and that isn't what I wanted. I also need to remember that this is the first part of the game, so it is expected to be easy for the player get used to the systems. These changes should give you more space to breath. Monster Girls will almost always give 3 items on defeat and Feral Monsters (which I decided to change the dialogs and call them "Beasts" to not mix them with Feral Monster Girls) will give 1.5 items. These values might change if I think I am being too generous.

I really would like to make things a little nicer with other scripts, but after deep reflexion, I decided to stop here. The game is already showing a strange glitch when moving in the map, like if there is a FPS loss, but that I can't detect, and happens only once in a while. More scripts will make the game even less stable, and basically everything I want is here.

This part have a small spoiler, if you never beat the original don't read it.

I will make this final test this week and post here the version 0.1.5. As I said, if you already played, you don't need play this one, but your save will probably not work when I post the version 0.2 which will hopely include Natalia Region. After that I will begin working on Natalia.

That's it for this update. Thanks for the patience and See You.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes