4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Julius

Jul 9, 2017
Not going to lie, I'm not really impressed by what I see so far. MGQ as a game and as a story doesn't really feel like it's in need of a rehash. Not to mention the fact that you're trying to rewrite a story when to be perfectly honest, your command of the English language isn't exactly good; even if I were judging by your posts here alone.

Now, that isn't to say that it's impossible for you to accomplish what you're trying to do here. But if I were to be brutally honest with you, the vibe and attitude I've been getting from what you've been saying here stinks of an amateur looking at a story, and saying to themselves: "Psh, I could do better!". And then actually attempting to do so. And I potentially being rude for saying so? Perhaps. But I really don't think that you'll be able to make something surpassing the original trilogy.

Who knows? Maybe you'll prove me wrong. But you're going to need to put in a lot more effort and a lot more spellchecks to do so.

-Yoko-

May 19, 2017
No one forces you to play his game, so just leave him alone if you don't like his work. Some others here do like what he's attempting to do.

Superk

May 21, 2017
Aaand I'm stuck. Is there a way to get healed aside from the herbs at the beginning? I can't get past the slug girl. I feel like I looked everywhere. Do I need to start over?

Oct 20, 2017
So this is the story and art lifted from the original, put into a worse battle system with added tedium from running around in RPGM?

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
i would say use rpg maker mv since rtp gets packaged with any game made using rpg maker mv
MV has less options for scripts than VX Ace. that's why I choose to stay on VX Ace instead of upgrading.

Now this is either going to be absolutely terrible, or Outstanding great. I see no middle ground here.

I'm in this shit for the ride.
I hope I can fulfill your expectations.

Aaand I'm stuck. Is there a way to get healed aside from the herbs at the beginning? I can't get past the slug girl. I feel like I looked everywhere. Do I need to start over?
No, only herbs. you will need to start over. But that's strange. you should be able to beat her even without using Splashers. Anyway, if you are having trouble, speak with people in the lab to get some Splashers, they are effective against Slugs.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Not going to lie, I'm not really impressed by what I see so far. MGQ as a game and as a story doesn't really feel like it's in need of a rehash. Not to mention the fact that you're trying to rewrite a story when to be perfectly honest, your command of the English language isn't exactly good; even if I were judging by your posts here alone.

Now, that isn't to say that it's impossible for you to accomplish what you're trying to do here. But if I were to be brutally honest with you, the vibe and attitude I've been getting from what you've been saying here stinks of an amateur looking at a story, and saying to themselves: "Psh, I could do better!". And then actually attempting to do so. And I potentially being rude for saying so? Perhaps. But I really don't think that you'll be able to make something surpassing the original trilogy.

Who knows? Maybe you'll prove me wrong. But you're going to need to put in a lot more effort and a lot more spellchecks to do so.
I understand what you mean. And yes, English isn't my first language. so if you find any mistakes, please point them out to me. And it's better to have the attitude of "Psh, I could do better!" and try it, than just judge the others job as trash. Yes, it could end as a total failure, but I'm not asking for money, and this is my hobby so at least, I'm having good time making it, and until now, I'm satisfied with what I did. If you think the story of MGQ is perfect and I'm just messing it, thanks for your criticism, but that isn't constructive for what I'm commiting time to do.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Do your thing, Mister Unknown Developer. Put your skills on display. Every game you create adds to the landscape of games that I dont have to buy from EA or other companies that want to censor the world. Thank you for your time, efforts, and artistic vision.
I enjoy games based on what they are, rather than what others tell me it should be. I, personally did not enjoy the original games as much as other people did. I will be looking forward to seeing what you can do.

Reactions: Unknown Developer

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Personally when I played monster girl quest I didn't have any issue with the combat, what I had issues were storyline which was quite meh and how linear it was.

When I played the game... I truly thought that in the end Illias was right, or at least more than the rest of the people about monsters, every place the MC went he was attacked by monsters and there wasn't a way to have a peaceful ending, always having to fight to stop the evil monsters, even more there were many that not only want to take you as a sex slave but eat you.

While travelling during the game I truly wanted to see an example of coexistence but in the end there wasn't any, there was only one place that actually had an attempt but it was coexistence over rape being almost legal, if you talked with the NPC's you would find quite a few stories about it and no one did anything. The only race of monsters that I truly believe could coexist with humans are the harpies, with those I ended with a good impression and perhaps normal elves, even if I didn't see too many of their race.

However there are quite a few issues that I had at many points of the game, for example if you ignored x problem during your gameplay it just got ignored in the flashbacks, no fight or anything to do about it... I truly believe that if you don't solve a problem it just becomes bigger, so it was kind of disappointing. Another one is that "everything that feels like an option, it's a game over unless you choose the only good one". Finally that you can't truly have normal sex or you know... end a fight peacefully? with the monsters. I know that it followed the reverse rape genre but... welp.

I actually recommend a 100% original plot for the game rather than trying to remake it.

Reactions: Mauamu

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Personally when I played monster girl quest I didn't have any issue with the combat, what I had issues were storyline which was quite meh and how linear it was.
When I played the game... I truly thought that in the end Illias was right, or at least more than the rest of the people about monsters, every place the MC went he was attacked by monsters and there wasn't a way to have a peaceful ending, always having to fight to stop the evil monsters, even more there were many that not only want to take you as a sex slave but eat you.
While travelling during the game I truly wanted to see an example of coexistence but in the end there wasn't any, there was only one place that actually had an attempt but it was coexistence over rape being almost legal, if you talked with the NPC's you would find quite a few stories about it and no one did anything. The only race of monsters that I truly believe could coexist with humans are the harpies, with those I ended with a good impression and perhaps normal elves, even if I didn't see too many of their race.
However there are quite a few issues that I had at many points of the game, for example if you ignored x problem during your gameplay it just got ignored in the flashbacks, no fight or anything to do about it... I truly believe that if you don't solve a problem it just becomes bigger, so it was kind of disappointing. Another one is that "everything that feels like an option, it's a game over unless you choose the only good one". Finally that you can't truly have normal sex or you know... end a fight peacefully? with the monsters. I know that it followed the reverse rape genre but... welp.
I actually recommend a 100% original plot for the game rather than trying to remake it.
I don't know how much of the remake you played yet, but you will already can see some of the points you talked about fixed. You already see a place with some level of coexistance, not with humans living there, but visiting. I am also making the original sidequests (like Harpy Village) as mandatory to proceed, and sidequest can be skipped without big obvious consequences. Monster Girls won't be the only thing you will face, there are plenty bad heroes and zealots on the church, but I already had too much content in Ilias island to include those, so, they will appear only on Sentora. Finally, I do disagree that the story needs to be fully remade. I think there were some good concepts there that were just lightly explored.

About Ilias being right... Wait for the end of the game, I think you will like what I'm thinking for the ending.

Reactions: Pixelboy9001

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
is there a way to easily kill the harpy queen
She is weak to earth, if you bring some Seismic Shakers they could be used to kill her faster. But she is made to be a very hard boss, so I suggest you leave her for the last, and get all your gear to maximum before facing her. use the girls as meat shield and cause attack with Luka, and don't forget to defend on her special attacks.

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
kudos on you project, im a fan of MGQ series and monster girls in general, i gonna follow this thread

i haven´t played paradox due is incompleted translated, so i won´t understand the story, i wondered what made illias behave in the main series, and IF can something be done to his life be spared, perhaps something like this will be incluyed in your remake?

now about the RPGM engine, for me is neither bad or great engine, is more the fact of how skilled and passion the developer put on the whole game using said engine, could be ren´py, unity, etc.
Remember that originaly, RPGM games in the was horror genre: the witch house, yumme nikki, corpse party. There was little to no combat despite the engine have access to, but using the ability to move freely, the enviroment and the music made those games unique

then you have games for mostly story narration, all games made by Deep Sea prisoner: grey garden, wadonahara and the great blue sea, they have the typical battle layout of most RPGM games, but they are too easy so you don´t need grind at all and can focus on the story, but the creator punish you harsly to lose on story event fights for "what will happens if i fail here?"

or, have games like OFF and his fan sequel, HOME and space funeral, using all the RPGM elements the engine can offer and still create a unique game, whit a good plot, unique art and motivation to keep playing to see how the game ends, grind? yeah you have to but not much, perhaps progressing whitout flee a single fight you have the right level to fight the bosses, how and have good puzzles too.

lastly, some actions games use RPGM, for name a hentai one: violated heroine, is a game created whit a old RPGM engine, nevertheless there no turn based fight since you can move freely in the map and strike when you want as much your oponents can

TL,DR: RPGM is not a shit engine, it boil down on the passion and skill the developer put on create his game

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragezilla
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes