4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
so your doing a remake and you decide to censor it......way to make it worse by the pure fact the original is a calssic and all your doing is trying to get recognition by remakign soemthign that shouldnt have been touched
"get recognition" What part of Unknown Develeper you didn't understand?

What I "Censored" was things I didn't like, and that made no sense for the plot. But, then you need say the same to Torotoro as well, since he also have a censored version, The original Visual Novel asks if want to see the vore or not. The only difference here is that I don't cut the scene entirely, I just change things. You can still watch vore if you want.

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
RPG Maker is still a better engine to have than Renpy if you are making a RPG, which MGQ is. About the combat, the images were taken from the Visual Novel, so I couldn't go to a side view combat, it would look strange since everyone is looking at the screen, and RPG Maker is to make JRPGs, and combat on those even today is menu based, if you can't stand this type, you should stay away from JRPGs. Judge the game just by that is to be shortsighted. I even tried to make the combat more interesting by including elemental attack items. You may beat this part only by fighting, but when you arrive in Alma Elma, you will notice that the combat is hard if you don't explore those weakness. An unless you are willing to grind (which most people aren't) these items will be limited which will force you to use strategy and look for clues. So, no, this is not your average combat, just keep attacking and using heal when life is low won't save you on this game.
Too many really bad or poorly developed RPGM games have given RPGM games in general a bad name. I have never touched RPGM as a dev so I do not know what is defaulted and what needs to be coded in but many devs either do not add options or remove them from their game. Keyboard config and mouse control are two big ones, along with removing/not including other options or parts of it such as loading from the save screen, controlling sound volumes, always running, and scaling the window are a few that i have noticed the most.

Another big issue is the grind involved in most RPGM games (I personally am ambivalent in that regard, savededitonline.com gets around any grinding). It sounds like you have this already figured out though

Related to the grind is the constant running around a character has to do. Some people just don't like running all over the world so even if they only need to find one item don't make them go through 20+ zone-screens to get to it. Consider a map and teleport system, that allows a player to teleport to already found places and a map of the place the MC is at.

Anyways good luck with your game!

Shiryuu612

May 31, 2017
Oh HAHAHAHA LOL Just can't help but laugh at Luka's poor picture It's like it's been degraded or something xD

Reactions: dd777

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Wow, what a great help. They should give you the award for the "most useless reply here ever made", seriously.
What do you say about replying with something more.. constructive?
easy there...

what about you relax and accept a bit of humour ?
even if its not humour, its well know that alots of peoples doesnt like RPGM...

as constructive as it is, this simple comment helped alots of peoples. it also help devs to take in mind that RPGM is not liked like ren'py or else.

take a long hard breath and relax.

Reactions: madmax20

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Too many really bad or poorly developed RPGM games have given RPGM games in general a bad name. I have never touched RPGM as a dev so I do not know what is defaulted and what needs to be coded in but many devs either do not add options or remove them from their game. Keyboard config and mouse control are two big ones, along with removing/not including other options or parts of it such as loading from the save screen, controlling sound volumes, always running, and scaling the window are a few that i have noticed the most.

Another big issue is the grind involved in most RPGM games (I personally am ambivalent in that regard, savededitonline.com gets around any grinding). It sounds like you have this already figured out though

Related to the grind is the constant running around a character has to do. Some people just don't like running all over the world so even if they only need to find one item don't make them go through 20+ zone-screens to get to it. Consider a map and teleport system, that allows a player to teleport to already found places and a map of the place the MC is at.

Anyways good luck with your game!
Finaly a constructive comment. I managed to beat this part entirely without grinding, and that's the sweet spot I am aiming. If you don't run from battles, and explore the weakness of the enemies, you should be able to beat the game. Most dungeons have 3 screens at tops, I never liked quests which takes too long unless they are really story related. And even like that, just this part takes 5 to 8 hours if you read all the text.

I choose VX ACE because of the quantity of scripts out there, and believe me, if it fits the story I'm considering to add. But I have a good idea of the scope I want this, and I won't bite more than I can chew. About a teleport system, on my tests there weren't a time in which I thought I need that until now. Maybe later.

Thanks for your comment.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Oh HAHAHAHA LOL Just can't help but laugh at Luka's poor picture It's like it's been degraded or something XD
Don't blame me, that was taken from Paradox. But it was the best I found to have emotions to him. If I tried the original portrait, wouldn't fit the presentation I was looking for.

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
I remember those games, the originals, of course, still have all 3, i actually liked the series, i remember how long i had to wait until the final one was released, i even contacted the uploader after some time when i thought i would not get to see the final game, lets hope the remake will be as good, thanks for sharing.

Feb 21, 2018
I admit when i saw the title...considering what people even companies do with remakes....i was not thinking positive thoughts. but from what i've seen from the pictures and the Information from the original comment which some decided not to read...
as a fan of the original i am actually interested in what he would do with this.

as a fan of rpg maker games i disagree strongly that it is a bad engine. it is limited compared to unreal or unity but what it does offer for developers is a easy to use experience. great for rookie developers.
i also like the visual style the engine offers. so i have no complaints.
there are like 2 "3D" versions of this series. one which was abandoned. the other i have no idea.
neither of those interest me as much as this tho!

i hope the developer of this can ignore the negativity and make something they are passionate about!
it may not please the majority. but it doesn't need to.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
as constructive as it is, this simple comment helped alots of peoples. it also help devs to take in mind that RPGM is not liked like ren'py or else.

take a long hard breath and relax.
That is something I don't understand, how Renpy can be considered better than RPG Maker to make RPGs? It's better to make visual novels, but that's debatable.

Reactions: gleiphir

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Yes, ok, I believe that almost everybody here, and out there, knows that. What matters, though, it's the help that you can give to the devs that uses RPGMaker when they start doing a project of some sort. Saying things like "RPGMaker is shit" it's not a constructive reply, it's just one sentence written just because you want to raise your message count and nothing else.
if i would want to raise my message count i would be way more active and reply a way lot more in every single topic out there. The way i see it I did make a constructive I told you the engine was crap, so remnaking it in another engine would have been better. Then again why would one to remake the original, the only reason to do so is to add stuff that wasn't there. RPGM is not the answer that usually is only adding playtime in the form of a walking simulator, like every other RPGM dev has done out there, censoring is also something of not adding to the game. I'll watch this cause i like MGQ, but I am not liking it so far

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
That is something I don't understand, how Renpy can be considered better than RPG Maker to make RPGs? It's better to make visual novels, but that's debatable.
well, honestly, i just give you my own opinion about this but..

i think its part of the "bit" stuff of rpgm (m ostly map move and else witgh those "bit chibi" thing.
and another part is that most peoples prefer renders than "controls", soo they will prefer to watch render than actually control chars to move them around like in rpgm.

but thats just my own opinion, maybe others have a different opinino about this.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
I admit when i saw the title...considering what people even companies do with remakes....i was not thinking positive thoughts. but from what i've seen from the pictures and the Information from the original comment which some decided not to read...
as a fan of the original i am actually interested in what he would do with this.

as a fan of rpg maker games i disagree strongly that it is a bad engine. it is limited compared to unreal or unity but what it does offer for developers is a easy to use experience. great for rookie developers.
i also like the visual style the engine offers. so i have no complaints.
there are like 2 "3D" versions of this series. one which was abandoned. the other i have no idea.
neither of those interest me as much as this tho!

i hope the developer of this can ignore the negativity and make something they are passionate about!
it may not please the majority. but it doesn't need to.
Thanks for your comment. Don't worry, I intend to finish this game. I was one of the guys who funded Ntelliware, the guy who was making Hero (MGQ 3D), and I followed his development, so I know exactly were he was wrong. He bit more than he could chew. I know exactly the scope of this game, and what I can make. Please try it. It will go until the first battle with Alma Elma, you can have a good idea of what I am aiming.

Unknown Developer

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2017
Wait so did you create that pic?
No, I told you this is from Paradox. i just didn't try to edit it.

Should probably let people know its "MGQ in a bad engine tailored to my own personal tastes and not in any way a true remake" then and everyone can just stop caring about it entirely.
At least have the decency to put it in context. I said I censored what I didn't like and didn't made sense to the story. And we are talking about Vore here, it isn't a cup of tea of many people, maybe for fans of the original, but I made a option to leave the vore on, so what are you complaining? Even the original has an option to remove the vore, I just don't cut the scenes entirely.

"tailored to my own personal tastes and not in any way a true remake" tell me one remake or one version in another midia of anything that don't have the tastes of the director. And I will point you a really lazy director. And the OP says this isn't 100% remake, read the damn thing before spiting on it.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes