1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[RPGM] Monster Girl Quest Fan Remake [v0.1.5] [Unknown Developer]

Discussion in 'Games' started by brynhildr, Apr 14, 2018.

1. brynhildr

brynhildr Well-Known Pain in the ass Uploader

Jun 2, 2017
    135816_Title.png

Overview:
    This is a remake in RPG Maker of the visual novel Monster Girl Quest made by Torotoro (not to be confused with Paradox).
    ------------------------------
    In a world in which a war between Humans and Monster Girls exist since the begining of time, Luka, a human Hero apprendice, meets a strange monster girl fallen from the sky on the day of his baptims in the name of the Goddess Ilias, her name is Alice, after that he fails in receive his baptism because the Goddess didn't appear to do it. After being crushed by depression, Alice, convinces him to go on his journey to defeat the Monster Lord (the leader of the Monster Girls) even without Illias's protection. On his journey he will find many lustiful monster girls who will rape him again and again if they manage to defeat him.

Enjoy plenty of reverse rape with monster girls and this epic tale in a new engine with much more gameplay than the original Visual novel.​

Updated: 15/07/2018
    Developer/Publisher:

Please Log in / Register to view this link

Censorship: Yes (mosaic)
    Version: 0.1.5
    Language: English
    Genre:
    Male Protagonist, Rape (more Reverse Rape than anything), Vaginal Sex, Creampie, Monster Girl, Oral Sex, Tentacles, Vore (optional), Death By Sex (optional), Fantasy, Censored, RPG, Adventure

Installation:
    1- Download and extract to desired location.
    2- Click on "executable_name.exe" to start playing.

Extra information (provided by the dev):
    There are two important points I'd like to address.
    First: I included two versions of the game an Original version and a Light Version. Essentially the Light version is a censored version in which all the vore and death are replaced by he being taken as a slave. It basically only changes the h-scenes. The Original version has every h-scene as they were in the Visual Novel. A important thing I must say, is that all the game and story were made with the Light version in mind. No matter if this is your first time playing Monster Girl Quest or not, play the Light version first and see that it closes a big plothole of the Original game

Second: It won't be 100% the same game, this is another engine that will require more content. And I really found some serious plotholes on the Original game that I will try to fulfill here, as well as fleshing out the world. The version 0.1 adapts until Alma Elma first battle, and It already closes some plotholes on the game. I know some pleople likes the remakes to be 100% faithful to the source, but for me the source wasn't 100% perfect, so I will try to improve it.

-------------------------------

This fan remake was made using assets from the original visual novel as well as assets of MGQ Paradox, therefore the developer don't accept money donations, but he do accept time, be it by writing a review saying your thoughts of the game, giving suggestions or making proofreading on the text since his first language isn't English and many parts were written by him and aren't in the original Rogue's translation (used as base). This forum on F95zone will be the primary source of feedback to him.

Since the assets came from the original, they are censored, the developer isn't an artist to remove them, but if anyone is willing to commit time in uncensor the CGs, it will be gladly accepted.

Change-Log:
    v0.1.5
    • Save anywhere removed.
    • typo on titlescreen fixed as well 363 typos.
    • Fixed Monsterpedia portraits
    • Removed some unused assets reducing size a little.
    • Fixed bug of residential district alert misplaced on Iliasburg
    • Edited states. Poison reduced damage to 8% to you and 3% to enemies. Burning reduced damage to 15% to you and 10% to enemies. Monster more susceptible to negative states
    • Fixed bug of NPCs entering doors and being able to be interacted
    • Adjusted frequency of moviment of every NPC that moves around, now they don't wait before each step.
    • Edited Ilias Intro
    • Edited states system a little bit.
    • Fixed crashing bug when you look into an attack item on the item menu screen
    • Crafting restructured, less item and bigger quantity.
    • Monsterpedia fixed;
    • Volumes adjusted
    • Hints restructured to reflect changes
    • Some enemies can use items now (a item like skill, identic to what you use). Don't worry, it will cost a lot of SP to use, have low priority and they will always be of smaller tiers than what you should be using. Right now only Healing Salves can be used by them. they can use antidotes and other state removal items as well.
    • Evaluations edited to reflect changes and now they will tell you if there is a second h-scene to be seen.
    • Second scene of Vanilla included (sorry i completely forgot about it).
    • Increased itens drops
    • Removed Kill count of monsterpedia because of a bug when interacting with post battle screen
    • Edited title screen
    • increased items damage a little
    • Some dialogs edited

First version

Download:

-

-

99697_img_1.png 99698_img_2.png 99699_img_3.png 99700_img_4.png 99701_img_5.png 99702_img_6.png

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    flamehot, Dominion, Cat Boy and 28 others like this.
  2. Tarasia

Tarasia Satan's soul Donor

Aug 11, 2016
    So it's worse then the original, jsut cause they went for RPGM

Vignum, dawda1, monroe and 12 others like this.
  3. brynhildr

Jun 2, 2017
    Wow, what a great help. They should give you the award for the "most useless reply here ever made", seriously.
    What do you say about replying with something more.. constructive?

jchrs1_2000, XdnaX, Rain01 and 15 others like this.
  4. Valloth

Valloth Member

Mar 10, 2018
    So, Someone is doing a parody of MGQ:p..... this probably wont end well...

5. TheSimonizer

TheSimonizer Member

Jun 17, 2017
    RPGM is such a terrible engine. I don't understand how anyone could think this is a great idea, remaking one of the best game using one of the worst engine.

6. ponyguy

ponyguy Well-Known Member Respected User

Feb 12, 2017
    The one thing I disliked most about MGQ was the poor combat. Paradox is such a huge improvement on that and it's all thanks to it being an RPGM game. So hopefully this remake makes good use of that as well.

jchrs1_2000, arelor, Rain01 and 8 others like this.
  7. locomotor79

locomotor79 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2016
    iff you are making this no censoring aswhell make it RPG VX ace enginehas more options

8. Dewnis

Dewnis New Member

Nov 29, 2017
    He is completely right though, RPGM is about the worst engine out there and shouldnt even be allowed.

dawda1, Samken, Julius and 3 others like this.
  9. Tank93

Tank93 New Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Well, the spelling error in the screenshot doesn't help ("monter"). But it does contain monster girls :).

HunterSeeker likes this.
  10. brynhildr

Jun 2, 2017
    Yes, ok, I believe that almost everybody here, and out there, knows that. What matters, though, it's the help that you can give to the devs that uses RPGMaker when they start doing a project of some sort. Saying things like "RPGMaker is shit" it's not a constructive reply, it's just one sentence written just because you want to raise your message count and nothing else.

arelor and DLSmaster like this.
  11. Nightless

Nightless Active Member

Jan 13, 2018
    like the idea but i have to agree with engine :D

12. V01

V01 Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Love monster girls so I gave this a shot. Very disappointed.
    First issue is it's RPGM and uses the default RPGM combat system, which afaik hasn't been improved since RPGM first came out, and is complete trash.
    Second, all the pictures are censored. I assume they just ripped all the pictures from the original MGQ instead of finding or creating quality ones.

13. brynhildr

Jun 2, 2017
    Not what I expected, but at least the reply of V01 is "constructive" more or less. Still

You clearly didn't read the OP at all, huh?
    Oh well, after this I'm done replying. People here don't read, don't listen and keep doing silly things. I'll just modify the OP when new version will be delivered. Have fun.

Rain01 likes this.
  14. nad destroyer

nad destroyer Active Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Hmmm... this sounds like something that needs to be worked on more before playing it considering he's trying to add to the story and details of the game's world.

ponyguy likes this.
  15. Sharku

Sharku Member

Oct 10, 2016
    There is no such thing as 'reverse' rape. Rape is rape. Period.

dd777, Saafi05, FristVtk and 2 others like this.
  16. Unknown Developer

Unknown Developer Member

Nov 5, 2017
    RPG Maker is still a better engine to have than Renpy if you are making a RPG, which MGQ is. About the combat, the images were taken from the Visual Novel, so I couldn't go to a side view combat, it would look strange since everyone is looking at the screen, and RPG Maker is to make JRPGs, and combat on those even today is menu based, if you can't stand this type, you should stay away from JRPGs. Judge the game just by that is to be shortsighted. I even tried to make the combat more interesting by including elemental attack items. You may beat this part only by fighting, but when you arrive in Alma Elma, you will notice that the combat is hard if you don't explore those weakness. An unless you are willing to grind (which most people aren't) these items will be limited which will force you to use strategy and look for clues. So, no, this is not your average combat, just keep attacking and using heal when life is low won't save you on this game.

arelor, Rain01, yoyomistro and 2 others like this.
  17. MrChow

MrChow Active Member Modder

Jun 6, 2017
    It's just a way of telling that it's being done to the protagonist, and not the other way around.

18. andy60

andy60 New Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I really have to agree with most here.
    I get why one would want to remake MGQ i really do,
    but WHY would you do it in RPGM? the whole point of a remake should be to get rid of the problems that plagued it due to its engine. why recreate it in a worse way than the original.

Samken likes this.
  19. LCloud

LCloud Active Member Game Developer

Jan 23, 2018
    so your doing a remake and you decide to censor it......way to make it worse by the pure fact the original is a calssic and all your doing is trying to get recognition by remakign soemthign that shouldnt have been touched

20. Unknown Developer

Unknown Developer Member

Nov 5, 2017
    And what engine do you suggest? Renpy is to make Visual novels, a gameplay needs to be hardcoded and is limited, so not a good option. Unity? Is mainly used to deal with 3D, and until now, I see it being used for 3d sex games, or in replacing Renpy as a visual novel maker wasting all it's resourses. RPGM was the only viable choice. Any other game maker, like a side scrolling one, would need to have all the sprites remade, which I'm not willing to do. This is a game I do as a hobby, and I'm not accepting money or willing to spend it to hire someone to draw things for me.

Besides, as someone who helped fund Hero (also known as MGQ 3D) and saw what it means to bite more than you can chew, I couldn't be more careful in judging what can really be done, and what is a dream. Even Torotoro knew, that other type of engines, would be far more expensive, and the guy was profiting with this thing.

What I'm trying to do is to improve this piece of art as I know I can. It won't be the game of the dreams, with a budget of Final Fantasy 7 remake, but it will be the best I can do, with the resources available to me.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018