• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Monster College Walkthrough Mod + Gallery Unlocker [v0.8.1.2] [zinacke]

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I dont know if anyone else is having this problem or knows how to ix it but im getting a error messgae code for label cap from the game/sript, anyone know how i might be able to fix it?
FYI, never use out of date mods (Right now it hasn't been updated yet). Doing so, it can create game issues that can break the progress of your effort, because the game dev might have added script changes in the latest update that the wt modder hasn't adjusted yet. Also, normally using an older mod, it will prevent seeing new content that was added (Content stops at the version of the wt mod used).

You could wait until the mod has been updated, or use the 0x52_URM tool to see what is behind story choices (points, etc...but this title was originally written in Italian).

I like using the universal Choice Descriptor mod along side the URM tool in some cases, when there isn't a working wt mod. That tool will display the contents of each choice on screen, but in some cases it fails when more than two choices are displayed...URM does the trick in that case. (Any of these tool can be found using this sites search function)

Regards.

ArashiNinja18

Jun 1, 2017
Untitled.png Just getting an error when trying to start the game after extracting the mod into the game folder and not sure how to fix it

Geist

Sep 25, 2017
What are the names of these rpy files
It's in the error report. Go to the game/script/cap_08 folder and delete the file cap_08_sc_01A - Ben Maxine Nina Oliver MMC.rpy file that is 1kb in size (it just has some script for a dissolve to menu, I believe), and the corresponding rpyc file that would have been created from attempting to launch the game.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Enchanting game. Love the minimal use of animations (none?) in favor of better dialogue and cute characters.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Good news, i was able to update the mod before the week-end!
Enjoy!
Thanks for your mod. )

FYI, current game version is 8.1.2 and your links are still pointing to a mod labeled as 8.1.1...
It appears to have been updated today after the 8.1.2 release, though.
Is it just mislabeled, and actually the mod for 8.1.2?

zinacke

Modder
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for your mod. )

FYI, current game version is 8.1.2 and your links are still pointing to a mod labeled as 8.1.1...
It appears to have been updated today after the 8.1.2 release, though.
Is it just mislabeled, and actually the mod for 8.1.2?
The 8.1.2 is a bug fix that was updated today, i won’t have time to do it today and I don’t think it is necessary to update my mod for now

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
No worries. :)

Re-reading timestamps... I see 8.1.2 bugfix was released several hours after you dropped mod version 8.1.1 (Ya just can't catch a break, lol.)

• Haha
Reactions: V-Kun and zinacke
Jul 16, 2018
zinacke
Very confusing: the front page has a mod labeled v0.8.2. When you download it, the name of the archive is v0.8.2, but in it there is a directory called v0.8.1.
Which is it?

Last edited:

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i have this error when launching the game , any help? what should i delete of the 2?tried without mod and game launches fine...so it's somethng about the mod
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/tl/CUSTOM/script/cap_07/cap_07_sc_02A - Anne Rachel Sofia Nina Cortile.rpy", line 2946, in script
    old "Inventa una bugia"
Exception: A translation for "Inventa una bugia" already exists at game/tl/CUSTOM/script/cap_07/cap_07_sc_02 - Anne Rachel Sofia Nina Cortile.rpy:3188.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/tl/CUSTOM/script/cap_07/cap_07_sc_02A - Anne Rachel Sofia Nina Cortile.rpy", line 2946, in script
    old "Inventa una bugia"
  File "D:\Giochi VN\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\renpy\ast.py", line 2630, in execute
    renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
  File "D:\Giochi VN\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 556, in add_string_translation
    stl.add(old, new, newloc)
  File "D:\Giochi VN\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\MonsterCollege-0.5.8-win\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 496, in add
    raise Exception("A translation for \"{}\" already exists at {}:{}.".format(
Exception: A translation for "Inventa una bugia" already exists at game/tl/CUSTOM/script/cap_07/cap_07_sc_02 - Anne Rachel Sofia Nina Cortile.rpy:3188.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Mon May 13 08:25:28 2024
[/CODE]

Last edited: