HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Good first version!

Playing through this version, I really hope we don't need to reload saves to see the different story branches. Perspectives in a scene is fine, especially since most people are going to have a preference for one side or the other and not care that much to reload to see the other side (and I'm guessing there will be a scene replay eventually), but having to reload saves to get all the story content is annoying and doesn't really add to the game. It looks like that may not be necessary if you just track what bloodlines we've already seen for each "act" and let us switch to an unseen one until we exhaust them, but since we had to do that at the end of the current update I wanted to point it out.

And maybe this is just me, but I'd have liked to see more focus on the transformation parts. Like, take a few shots to show the different parts changing, have the perspective character comment on it.

Oh, and the game crashes if you try to go to Clara's story after talking to the stone. I'd assume that's going to naturally get fixed but I figured I'd point it out.

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Good first version!

Playing through this version, I really hope we don't need to reload saves to see the different story branches. Perspectives in a scene is fine, especially since most people are going to have a preference for one side or the other and not care that much to reload to see the other side (and I'm guessing there will be a scene replay eventually), but having to reload saves to get all the story content is annoying and doesn't really add to the game. It looks like that may not be necessary if you just track what bloodlines we've already seen for each "act" and let us switch to an unseen one until we exhaust them, but since we had to do that at the end of the current update I wanted to point it out.

And maybe this is just me, but I'd have liked to see more focus on the transformation parts. Like, take a few shots to show the different parts changing, have the perspective character comment on it.

Oh, and the game crashes if you try to go to Clara's story after talking to the stone. I'd assume that's going to naturally get fixed but I figured I'd point it out.
I'm working on a better menu for the bloodlines, but it hasn't been a priority for these first builds--since you always go back to a bloodlines menu at the end of the update.

Sorry to hear about the crash, though. Out of curiosity, did it happen on the Mac build? I didn't run into that bug when I tested the PC build, but I don't have a way to test the Mac version. It probably doesn't matter, since Clara's story has different triggers from v0.02 on, but I hate that it happened to you.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
If I had one critic to make about the game it's that the text is too big and too centered
except that all look promising

Reactions: Moniker Smith

bobgold

Jul 2, 2017
In the screenshots what character is the one with the collar on that says "bitch" (in the next to last screenshot) and does she have scenes in the game yet or are they to be added? Thanks.

HTYYHRK

Dec 7, 2018
Sorry to hear about the crash, though. Out of curiosity, did it happen on the Mac build? I didn't run into that bug when I tested the PC build, but I don't have a way to test the Mac version. It probably doesn't matter, since Clara's story has different triggers from v0.02 on, but I hate that it happened to you.
I did the Mia bloodline, after it was finished and Clara's bloodline was unlocked (hopefully I'm remembering these names right), I reloaded and did Ben's bloodline, followed his through the restaurant and reloaded when it ended, then tried Clara's bloodline and it crashed. I'm guessing Clara's wasn't supposed to show up.

EDIT: On PC

Last edited:

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Play both at the same time or choose one permanently?
You play both at the same time. So, you can move to different characters' "bloodlines" at the ends of scenes, but you can also hop between character perspectives at different points during the hardcore scenes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: arelor

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
In the screenshots what character is the one with the collar on that says "bitch" (in the next to last screenshot) and does she have scenes in the game yet or are they to be added? Thanks.
That character has been "corrupted," but her appearance in that screenshot isn't in the current build of the game.

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
I did the Mia bloodline, after it was finished and Clara's bloodline was unlocked (hopefully I'm remembering these names right), I reloaded and did Ben's bloodline, followed his through the restaurant and reloaded when it ended, then tried Clara's bloodline and it crashed. I'm guessing Clara's wasn't supposed to show up.

EDIT: On PC
Thanks!

Clara's bloodline should be accessible after you've completed Mia's content in v0.01, so the problem is that the trigger to unhide Clara's bloodline went off, but the link to Clara's bloodline that followed Ben's content was set to a defunct scene title (which was changed again in v0.02).

It's not a huge deal for gameplay, since you can only access Clara's v0.01 content through the bloodlines menu after you've already played through it--and it only consists of the small interaction between her and Mia. Still, I'm sorry it happened!

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
This game is very much to my taste, but I still hope that the choices in the game can have an impact on the storyline and have more routes, not just like reading a visual novel.
I won't say too much about the storyline, but multiple endings have been laid out.

However, I really want to experiment with running parallel plots. So, playing all the way through Mia's bloodline gives you a complete story, but coming back to Ben's presents characters/events that fill in missing information. I guess you could say it's a little like "Pulp Fiction."

For example, the Standing Stone scene only appears in Ben's bloodline. Playing as Mia might give you a certain understanding of what's happening in the story, but exploring Ben's bloodline afterward will re-contextualize that.

...I just don't know if I can make that happen and have major divergences in the early chapters. We'll see...

Reactions: Lorissagg

RemiliaScarlett

Aug 18, 2018
I like transformations and corruption themes a lot
(also breast expansion muscle growth, but this last one is rarely well done)
Also waifu is vampire, so i guess i'll like this.
But you know you don't have to give them all black hairs, white/silver hair vampire with red eyes are gorgeous too (Remilia best waifu anyway)

Azriel55

Jun 9, 2019
I played it, this is definitely the stuff I am interested in. Supernatural corruption/transformation is my favorite theme. The only real complaint is the same as what others said, the boobs are too big. I thought mia's second transformation boobs looked good, but the final form is overkill. I also agree with pejman with all of the transformations looking the same, makes them seem like clones of each other. Would be better if they each had a unique look. From mia's transformation, it seems that characters have to be fed upon three times to be fully turned beyond salvation. With each drink draining 1/3rd of the victims soul away, or is that only for mia/ben route? I kind of like the idea that someone has to be fed on three times before they are fully changed, so a character who is not fully turned might still be able to resist. It is also fun seeing the corruption process happening over time.

It would be cool to see more vampire powers, maybe ben or the other vampires can collect more souls and take them to the monoliths to get a more new powers or upgrades.

With all that said, the game is really great and will be keeping an eye on its development.

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
I like transformations and corruption themes a lot
(also breast expansion muscle growth, but this last one is rarely well done)
Also waifu is vampire, so i guess i'll like this.
But you know you don't have to give them all black hairs, white/silver hair vampire with red eyes are gorgeous too (Remilia best waifu anyway)
Muscle growth is definitely a hard sell. I hope my version works for you.

I've played around with different hair colors, but there are some story-based reasons for keeping them mostly black. I will definitely agree about the hotness of red and silver-haired vampiresses.

Reactions: Furyous D

Moniker Smith

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
I played it, this is definitely the stuff I am interested in. Supernatural corruption/transformation is my favorite theme. The only real complaint is the same as what others said, the boobs are too big. I thought mia's second transformation boobs looked good, but the final form is overkill. I also agree with pejman with all of the transformations looking the same, makes them seem like clones of each other. Would be better if they each had a unique look. From mia's transformation, it seems that characters have to be fed upon three times to be fully turned beyond salvation. With each drink draining 1/3rd of the victims soul away, or is that only for mia/ben route? I kind of like the idea that someone has to be fed on three times before they are fully changed, so a character who is not fully turned might still be able to resist. It is also fun seeing the corruption process happening over time.

It would be cool to see more vampire powers, maybe ben or the other vampires can collect more souls and take them to the monoliths to get a more new powers or upgrades.

With all that said, the game is really great and will be keeping an eye on its development.
You're actually guessing at a number of things to come as the story develops...but I don't want to promise anything.

I will say that multi-stage transformations and slower forms of corruption will be part of future releases. Personally, I felt it was best to deliver the goods (corruption/transformation/hardcore action) early on--which came at the cost of pushing some plot elements to later chapters.

3.60 star(s) 36 Votes