RPGM Abandoned Monarh: The Rebirth [v0.0.6a] [LustCloud]

What System do you prefer to use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
end of current content in this version is the sex scene
ill take that advise to heart ill have to remap gamic a little to allow people to move around

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
There needs to be a better use of punctuation in the text. For example:

Valia
I don't know, it sounded kind of funny to me, considering how well you clean your room.

Minor gripe, but very noticeable (to me anyway).

Edit: Holy crap, the run-on sentences. You definitely need to go over the script.

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
lol i apologize im using microsoft word to type stuff in first before putting it in the game and i was never really good at gramar so if word doesnt see it i dont notice

Datawungui

Aug 18, 2016
Also, as I'm sure you're aware, the game is bugged all to hell. If you approach the first shopkeeper from the front, she has no inventory, but approaching her from the side shows her stuff. During the opening cutscene when your mom gets thrown into the house, I was trying to skip it by holding the shift button and Cham ran all the way to the wall, locking up the intro. And I don't know if there are specific veggies in the plots to pick or if it's just any of them, but if they are specific, then you ought to mark them, along with things like the yarn to catch the cat. And I'm sorry but I quit once I reached the second town. I walked out of the inn, walked into the first house to the right of it, and got stuck in the doorway, unable to go into the house or exit the door frame. And lastly, Cham (to me) is extremely unlikeable. He comes across as a whiny douche who just hates everything and everyone. Not someone whose head I'd want to inhabit for however many hours your game may go on. I get that the opening quests are supposed to be a sort of satire of the menial quests most RPG protagonists start off with, but the slime battles while watching the kid were extremely out of place and jarring. A joke instead could be made where Cham plays with the kid and after the kid's mom comes back, he receives a mess of exp disproportionate to what the quest entailed. We could receive something of a fourth-wall bending conversation between mother and son, rather than 'God' spawning a bunch of monsters to mess with our unlikeable protag.

For now, I'm done with this game. I might wander back after an update or two to see if things have improved, but so far I'm not really impressed. A good core concept, dragged down by a mountain of bugs, script problems, and protag whining.

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
Also, as I'm sure you're aware, the game is bugged all to hell. If you approach the first shopkeeper from the front, she has no inventory, but approaching her from the side shows her stuff. During the opening cutscene when your mom gets thrown into the house, I was trying to skip it by holding the shift button and Cham ran all the way to the wall, locking up the intro. And I don't know if there are specific veggies in the plots to pick or if it's just any of them, but if they are specific, then you ought to mark them, along with things like the yarn to catch the cat. And I'm sorry but I quit once I reached the second town. I walked out of the inn, walked into the first house to the right of it, and got stuck in the doorway, unable to go into the house or exit the door frame. And lastly, Cham (to me) is extremely unlikeable. He comes across as a whiny douche who just hates everything and everyone. Not someone whose head I'd want to inhabit for however many hours your game may go on. I get that the opening quests are supposed to be a sort of satire of the menial quests most RPG protagonists start off with, but the slime battles while watching the kid were extremely out of place and jarring. A joke instead could be made where Cham plays with the kid and after the kid's mom comes back, he receives a mess of exp disproportionate to what the quest entailed. We could receive something of a fourth-wall bending conversation between mother and son, rather than 'God' spawning a bunch of monsters to mess with our unlikeable protag.

For now, I'm done with this game. I might wander back after an update or two to see if things have improved, but so far I'm not really impressed. A good core concept, dragged down by a mountain of bugs, script problems, and protag whining.
the second town was the end of the current demo lol i made the mistake of adding doors to areas i haven't finished building yet i do apologize for that holding shift to skip caused a bug? i've replayed the game several times for bugs and i've always held space or enter and its worked fine, as for chams attitude you have to understand it was a normal day and his life as turned upside down he just found out his mother has been lying to him his whole life about everything and he is having a hard time coming to grips with it, slowly cham will mature and take more responsibility but you have to try and understand that for a bit he is going to be a whiny little bitch about pretty much everything, having left town in the next update he shows a little more adventurous side rather then complaining, maybe i'll have to do a rewrite of previous conversations eventually but for now it's all about him growing into somebody else

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018

ver 0.0.3

all doors that were placed causing people to get locked up have been removed you can now only enter buildings that have been completed

you can now enter jen and richards house and turn in the quest as well as pick up 2 new quests one which you can complete the other you can complete 1 step as it will be a longer chain in order to leave for the mainland

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Damn almost 2 gigs to download, I would look at decreasing the games size, I'm guessing this is due to all the renders?

I'm going to try out this game, I like the RPG games I hadn't noticed this one until I saw it in the New Posts!

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
unfortunately some space is being used by rpgmv assets im not using currently but trying to do a excluded deployment seems to always leave critical things out that crash the game so i'm forced to deploy the game with everything once i reach a respectable distance with the game i will most likely go in and manually remove pictures and assets im not using to reduce the file size

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
<-- Image...

Im getting this error on the Bandit boss.. is there a way of fixing this so i can continue or do i have to wait for next update?

Jaspickle

May 15, 2017
unfortunately some space is being used by rpgmv assets im not using currently but trying to do a excluded deployment seems to always leave critical things out that crash the game so i'm forced to deploy the game with everything once i reach a respectable distance with the game i will most likely go in and manually remove pictures and assets im not using to reduce the file size
Honestly, I'd say focus on the bugs first, worry about file size later. MEGA is pretty good with handling big files, so the download time isn't too bad. Once you've got the development going nice and smoothly, look at what you can change for file size considerations.

I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but most players will be more put off by bugs than by file size, whether it's an Ero-game or a regular one. I'd happily play more Early Access games on Steam if they didn't crash or get stuck all the time.

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
<-- Image...

Im getting this error on the Bandit boss.. is there a way of fixing this so i can continue or do i have to wait for next update?
I’ll have to replay the game again to reach that point but when creating the walkthrough guide I didn’t receive any errors like that if anyone else receives that error I’m asking you to let me know please

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
<-- Image...

This could be due to your system. I ran some other RPG games on win 7 and got error windows like this, but on win 8 or 10 I wouldn't get them. Sometimes I do get them but I'll shut the game down, load it back, load a save and keep playing.

Not sure if that helps?

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
This could be due to your system. I ran some other RPG games on win 7 and got error windows like this, but on win 8 or 10 I wouldn't get them. Sometimes I do get them but I'll shut the game down, load it back, load a save and keep playing.

Not sure if that helps?
if it happens anyway regardless of OS then its not the problem :) i only have basic knowledge of programming but when a error comes up as undefined then its most likely a typo.. i assume that autoRemovalTiming is a script that is called but might be named AutoRemovalTiming instead or have the wrong character or object id that the script is supposed to run for.. its an common mistake when capital letters make a difference.. english is not my strong suite but long story short autoRemovalTiming and AutoRemovalTiming are not the same in coding, that becomes 2 objects that are called but only one of them are defined.. and if it is a game error or program error i dont know as i have not tried to make anything with RPGM before but might help anyway :D

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
if it happens anyway regardless of OS then its not the problem :) i only have basic knowledge of programming but when a error comes up as undefined then its most likely a typo.. i assume that autoRemovalTiming is a script that is called but might be named AutoRemovalTiming instead or have the wrong character or object id that the script is supposed to run for.. its an common mistake when capital letters make a difference.. english is not my strong suite but long story short autoRemovalTiming and AutoRemovalTiming are not the same in coding, that becomes 2 objects that are called but only one of them are defined.. and if it is a game error or program error i dont know as i have not tried to make anything with RPGM before but might help anyway :D
Yeah I kind off forgot about how sensitive game engines are with just one typo error. When it does happen on win 10 it usually because something got crossed up in memory (my system is strange that way) I have yet to pin down why this keeps happening on my system. I've tired to troubleshoot it but to no luck!

LCloud

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2018
actualy no need to press enter just have to walk over the correct spot perhaps not the best design