Ren'Py - Moemon Isekai [v0.3] [Salek]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Theron419

fun and very enjoyable story, can´t wait for what comes next
    gotta love Growlithe´s way of speaking

just a few Typos and not a big fan of the use of Characters from other shows but still quiet good.

keep up the good work
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Gorrik

Alright, this is cute. I feel like there is enough content there right now to hop in and get a feel for it. That isn't to say there is a LOT, but there is enough for a start. The dev mentions English not being their first language and it shows, however it was all perfectly understandable. It could do with some touch ups, but I had no issue understanding what was being said.

I actually had a lot of fun with this. Initially, I thought the Moemon looked off - but it grew on me weirdly fast. They're very endearing and creative in some cases. All of them except for the Weedle I knew right away what Mon it was supposed to be, so kuddos for that. It actually had me imaging how they'd do other Mons this way, so I'm anxiously looking forward to that. Maybe a Dex feature someday where you can see all the ones you've seen so far in the story would be cool.

Speaking of the story, it is fine. It does what it needs to. It's an isekai into basically a parody world with odd social norms that justify all the sex. There are a couple Naruto/Boruto characters (not a fan so I'm not sure which, sorry) used toward the end, and a cast of NPCs who look strikingly similar to some in our childhood favorite monster catcher. The relationship between the MC and their first Moemon is wholesome though. That and my curiosity about how they'll make other Mons look kept me going.

Its unrefined, but it is a good start. The english needs some patching up, but is servicable. The shots throughout the story aren't bad, but it needs more IMO. It feels like there is a lot of "hopping" around. But again it's fine, I've seen much worse. The humor works for me. The first scene with the MC's Moemon made me lol.

I'd give it a 3.5, which is solid for a new release from a fresh dev imo. But since you can't do .5s, I leaned toward the 4 star because I look forward to seeing how this one goes. And for including some classic Mon SFX, they made me chuckle every time. Good luck dev!