RPGM Completed Milky Monogatari [v1.1.3] [nebelstern]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
For what purpose would you make a game about big tiddy cowgirls, and then make it normal non-h game?

Reactions: paxogre

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
how many times must you fight the Gobbos after rescuing the Maidens wtf, it's been like 6 waves already

• Thinking Face

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
how many times must you fight the Gobbos after rescuing the Maidens wtf, it's been like 6 waves already
The Gobbos that run around are immortal until you give them a plate of Squiggleshrooms. To get that there is a mushroom circle in the previous map that will teleport you next to one. Be careful with the little bastards as they can soft lock the game in a vicious death spiral of fights.

If you don't want to get them high, I changed their behavior to just die if you beat them twice.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: anon280

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
How do you use the Kemocon? Despite being a key item it's buyable and can use it in normal fights but it does nothing, I though it was one those annoying catch em all thingies...

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
How do you use the Kemocon? Despite being a key item it's buyable and can use it in normal fights but it does nothing, I though it was one those annoying catch em all thingies...
Not as fun as catch em all but have a Kemocon on hand, beat the enemy down to 20% health, and show them mercy when they beg for their lives. Basilion, Wolper, Saucer, Golden Slime, Syrene, Worker, Cocoti, Aries, Racco, Dollothy, Sheepl, Flinger, and Grapeslime.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Not as fun as catch em all but have a Kemocon on hand, beat the enemy down to 20% health, and show them mercy when they beg for their lives. Basilion, Wolper, Saucer, Golden Slime, Syrene, Worker, Cocoti, Aries, Racco, Dollothy, Sheepl, Flinger, and Grapeslime.
That's almost impossible to do without being annoying, good RGN Jesus that save editor exist.

nebelstern

Mar 24, 2024
Hi there, dev of this title here.
You may be surprised to see me popping up.

No worries, no bad news.
In fact I was surprised when this predestined lost-media title suddenly gained a bunch of traffic.
I noticed it, when paxogre (apparently from this forum) left an oddly specific but helpful comment.
Again, thank you for that.
When I saw the uptake of traffic, I decided to google if anything unusual happened, and stumbled across this forum (of course among other things).
Reading your comments made me smile. I know even the critical or dismissive comments come from a place of love, and I hope you're not too disappointed.
Actually, I was at a very dark place, the day when paxogre left the comment. I thought about how useless I was and that nobody would ever give a crap about me or my games.
I had very specific intrusive thoughts again... unmedicated chronic depression can really do a bad number... - sorry, didn't want to bring down the mood.
Anyway, believe it or not, reading their comment brought me up a bit. Someone who went through the effort of not only playing but also documenting bugs like that?

Now many of you seemed to be confused or disappointed, as to why there is no explicit 18/R content in this game.
Me, too!!
No but to tell the truth, this game went through so, so many renditions and changes regarding its plot. The project got completely scrapped and re-build at least 3 times before this version was released.
There were even 2 versions where Purin was the protagonist and Guy didn't exist, the story and objective was completely different.
And way back originally, my plan was not even to have 4 cow girls at all, but a mix of different fantasy race girls.
An nice artist I am friends with (named TaTaRa) designed the 4 cow girls for me when he heard I planned to make a new game, so on a whim, I decided to go with them.

Now the thing is, I wanted to make a neat/fun RPG that one could twitch stream - but I also wanted big breasted characters as protagonists, because why not - I like big breasts. Much grapic or explicit content was never really planned in this project.
Maybe that's dumb, but that's how Milky Monogatari came to be.
I thought it'd be fun to have my friend's unique Illustrations in a videogame. (He's a very creative and nice artist I respect a lot)
Also, this person right there! This is my target audience, haha! Thanks. (screenshot)

So, anyway, sorry for the long post.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read it, hope it was informative.
And of course thanks to everyone who took the time to try the game.
Hope you get a bit of entertainment from it.
Those who want to fap: please feel free to use your headcanon~
Those who just came for the milk, enjoy the adventure.

nebelstern ( アユ )

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
Hi there, dev of this title here.
Game devs that have a game released can request the Game Developer tag. Open a support ticket asking for the role and a mod will explain what they require for it there.

You may be surprised to see me popping up.
A lot of devs come here to promote their games. Some get snarky around here but most are really nice people unless they are promised lewds and get none then they are horny blue balled sad perverts.

I noticed it, when paxogre (apparently from this forum) left an oddly specific but helpful comment.
Again, thank you for that.
You're welcome. Since both js and json files are text files you could compare what I changed with CharacterBanner.js against the original script as my edit does make the rename feature functional.
WinMerge - a very useful tool for Renpy, etc. modders

Reading your comments made me smile. I know even the critical or dismissive comments come from a place of love, and I hope you're not too disappointed.
As a standard fan fair rpg, no I wasn't really disappointed. It was a decent game with a few neat quirks, the art style was nice, music didn't annoy me, and only a few bugs really caught my attention with most being easy fixes.

While the "Please sir, can I have some more" might be a little discouraging it's better than "Oh god no, make the hurting stop"

Things to consider
  • Rename Guy - This probably should have been a feature early on instead of a 5000 gold late game tutorial option. By this point most would skip the tutorials.
  • Monster Girls - Looking under the hood I did see some fun interactions with other girls and would have liked to see a befriend them option. Get them drunk, spare their lives even if it makes a quest harder, find a hidden friend of theirs, and temp contracts are things this game does have but a little Monsterpedia would have helped completionist track these things.
  • Dating Sim - Funny enough a little affection tracker and personal quest tracker would have made talking with the girls at Inns a bit more worthwhile.
  • Immortal Enemies - Em no... Hard to beat sure but making them immortal just feels like the game cheating for a lack of good balancing.
  • Lewds - Don't promise lewds in the description and have no sexual content as that is just a formula for horny blue balled sad perverts. Art was good which doesn't make the situation better :WeSmart:
Actually, I was at a very dark place, the day when paxogre left the comment. I thought about how useless I was and that nobody would ever give a crap about me or my games.
I played it to the end credits. Not a lot of negative criticism besides blue balls. Usually I cheese the battle system as the novelty wears off after awhile so I'll use a save editor to give myself an insane amount of stat boosters and any item that lowers or turns battles off.

Anyway, believe it or not, reading their comment brought me up a bit. Someone who went through the effort of not only playing but also documenting bugs like that?
Cheers :coffee:

An nice artist I am friends with (named TaTaRa) designed the 4 cow girls for me when he heard I planned to make a new game, so on a whim, I decided to go with them.
Good artist which explains the disappointment in lack of lewds :LOL: Liked Luu's design the most.

Those who just came for the milk, enjoy the adventure.
Could have used some chocolate or strawberry milk, and a little more cowbell :sneaky:

Reactions: The1WhoWhacks

RolRol777

Nov 16, 2023
How to solve a problem? After talking with the cow, I follow her, then she stops, after talking again, she just moves a little each time and that’s it. Just moving down.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Great bugfixes but the Surrender system and the Kemocon are still alive and well, the game is good but those things force you to cheat.

RolRol777

Nov 16, 2023
It's me again and I have a new problem. The room in which Vivi fought with Medusa. You can't leave this room. In addition, when you go into a small room with a chest with a key, you won’t be able to get out of it either.

paxogre

Sep 10, 2022
Thank you, this helped, I took the key from the chest and left the small room. But now I can't leave the big room.
Seems I got around this by getting the chest before triggering the battle.
But seeing the bug just added a normal exit. Thanks for pointing this out

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes