Midnight Paradise [Lewdlab] Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I figured as much, but I'm a little in shock 1500 (maybe even 2000) rendering = 1 release...just wow. :firstimekiss:
Wait, is he saying the first release has 1500+ renders or is he saying forget about 1500+ renders, that's insane to make?
I'm confused!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
2) Something i haven't understood yet, is how open will it be, meaning will it be like Summertime Saga and Milfy city and every character is optional based on what we want or some relationships will happen with the story anyway and some will be optional?

- MP will be a VN sandbox hybrid - a clearly laid out objective/quest system will move the story forward, but you will also have some side activities to do throughout the world (a bit like Summertime Saga) meanwhile to break up the constant story
Summertime Saga and Milfy City are still both linear games. You still need to finish all "side quests" before you can continue the main story.. there is no option you can select to ignore side stories, e.g. Milfy City: Father/Twins-Story, little Sister; Summertime Saga: Teachers, etc. In a certain way you are "free", but not as free as in a open-world-game.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Wait, is he saying the first release has 1500+ renders or is he saying forget about 1500+ renders, that's insane to make?
I'm confused!
He's saying 1500+ is too much for one release, he seems to suggest that he's more interested in getting the system in place for the overall game rather than simply putting out a bulk of renders in the first release.

Reactions: Rythan25

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
He's saying 1500+ is too much for one release, he seems to suggest that he's more interested in getting the system in place for the overall game rather than simply putting out a bulk of renders in the first release.
At first, I thought that too but @Zero919 comment suggested he meant1500+ renders in the first release. I think we're lucky if we even get 500+ renders in the first release but, one thing I'm certain is, they'll be high quality renders.

Reactions: Volta and Zero919

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016
Summertime Saga and Milfy City are still both linear games. You still need to finish all "side quests" before you can continue the main story.. there is no option you can select to ignore side stories, e.g. Milfy City: Father/Twins-Story, little Sister; Summertime Saga: Teachers, etc. In a certain way you are "free", but not as free as in a open-world-game.
Indeed, what i mean is if we are able to have a choice to whom we go after. In Milfy and Summertime if we don't like a character we can ignore them and their story fully without a consequence, example the Moms in both games and we can continue to play with the other characters without problem. That is why i asked how open it will be. I hope i made it clear in what i meant.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I think it will be more than 1500 :biggrin:
I think you misunderstood. He is saying that 1500 renders is way too much for a first release, and that the game is more than just about renders.

I think that makes sense tbh, it's only the first release and there's more important stuff that need to be set up so the game can actually play.

Zero919

May 2, 2017
I think you misunderstood. He is saying that 1500 renders is way too much for a first release, and that the game is more than just about renders.

I think that makes sense tbh, it's only the first release and there's more important stuff that need to be set up so the game can actually play.
maybe you're right and I misunderstood:confused:, but I will continue to hope :relievedface: until he Dev does not explain more specifically

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
At first, I thought that too but @Zero919 comment suggested he meant1500+ renders in the first release. I think we're lucky if we even get 500+ renders in the first release but, one thing I'm certain is, they'll be high quality renders.
500+ renders for the first release? My assumption is: 200 renders max!

This is my cardinal scale:
800+ renders a *fucking* huge update,
200 - 400 renders a medium update
and <200 renders a small update.

Afterwards, when the game mechanic (e. g. hint system, game navigation etc., optional-paths) works, the renders will increase.

Indeed, what i mean is if we are able to have a choice to whom we go after. In Milfy and Summertime if we don't like a character we can ignore them and their story fully without a consequence, example the Moms in both games and we can continue to play with the other characters without problem. That is why i asked how open it will be. I hope i made it clear in what i meant.
You can ignore your mother in SS and Milfy City?? As far as I know, you can choose which character you wants to start with, but not ignore them entirely. (Milfy City offers a moral path, where MC does not fall for Linda, but you still need to sit with her in the car or meet her in the office. Even this "moral"-path has an implication on the story - maybe not for now, but for the future).

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
maybe you're right and I misunderstood:confused:, but I will continue to hope :relievedface: until he Dev does not explain more specifically
What?

Dr Sin clearly stated that 1,500+ renders for Midnight Paradise are insane and everybody hoping for it should forget about it.
Can't really get anymore specific than that.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Cream

Sep 18, 2016
Hey

Answers to some questions:
- Midnight Paradise will have a male MC
- MC will be attending college during the game
- MC won't be a dumb virgin boy
- MP in my original plans wasn't going to have family stuff, but I redesigned a lot to suit the fans' preferences
- Second character def looks asian. I didn't notice at first (tunnelvision) I wasn't happy with her anyways, you're getting a new one.
- Forget 1500+ renders as a first release. That's simply insane. This game is much more than the render count.
- MP will be a VN sandbox hybrid - a clearly laid out objective/quest system will move the story forward, but you will also have some side activities to do throughout the world (a bit like Summertime Saga) meanwhile to break up the constant story progression that DoD had - in my opinion it was a bit hard to keep up after an hour. There will be more info on this, but you know me, Patrons should know things first.
- Development time for a game like this with no prior experience in this type is through the roof. I want to make it right, so there's constant experimentation -> redesign -> experiment cycle. The first release has to set up a ton of stuff, but after that it will be a smooth ride till the end. I hope everyone can understand that. I'm starting to not take Dec 20 for granted, we'll see. Guess I'll die working.
- No DoD main cast will appear in MP

That's all the stuff I could remember.
Asian character's are hot... :p perhaps you can still work her in but in a different role ^_^

ait123

Oct 29, 2017
No NTR. So sad, I want the game to have a little taste. NTR would accomplish that, the MC would go home in the middle of the night, and peek at her mother being sexually abused on the bed by her another man , or in the living room. I hope to have NTR, add what is missing in Dream of Desire, Publisher fucking Madam Turner like a whore, which you have wanted to add.
Just look at what games are the most popular. DOD, Milfy city, daiting my daugther etc. You either hate or love NTR, and most people hate it.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
MP will be a VN sandbox hybrid
In my opinion, "Summertime Saga " is not the best hybrid of these types of games. Despite clearly defined goals, the game constantly gives the sensation of going nowhere. For my taste, the best hybrid is Love and Submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.