Midnight Paradise [Lewdlab] Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
It's going to be great, Lewdlab's going to make /weg/'s great again
Of course i'm hopeful, Lewdlab is already a good dev, i'm looking forward to seeing how he develops as a writer, designer and dev. Of course since midnight paradise is in pre-release still no one knows for sure, but i think we cna safely say the renders will be knock out, what i'm still worrying a little about is the sandbox nature, especially since Lewdlab handled the VN format so well in DoD, either way can't wait to see what he does with it.

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
The MILF & Dev Update

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 173171 View attachment 173166 View attachment 173167 View attachment 173168 View attachment 173169
(Thx Donor!)
And not even 1 person noticed it so far... After 20 years we get Alice back from the DOD universe and guess what? She is a milf now.

My sincere gratitude to @StarCreator for the Midnight Paradise link.

Also, I just wanna ask if Tracy will appear as a sideshow character in this game, or do I have to wait until the announcement of DOD2? Getting desperate for some Tracy please... Fan artwork is cool and all, but nothing compares to the ORIGINAL. The rest is history.

Oh, hi DOD fans! Nice to see you all here perving another @Lewdlab game.
Don't mind me, I'm just searching in F95zone for Tracy. :ForeverAlone: Cheers!

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
And not even 1 person noticed it so far... After 20 years we get Alice back from the DOD universe and guess what? She is a milf now.

My sincere gratitude to @StarCreator for the Midnight Paradise link.

Also, I just wanna ask if Tracy will appear as a sideshow character in this game, or do I have to wait until the announcement of DOD2? Getting desperate for some Tracy please... Fan artwork is cool and all, but nothing compares to the ORIGINAL. The rest is history.

Oh, hi DOD fans! Nice to see you all here perving another @Lewdlab game.
Don't mind me, I'm just searching in F95zone for Tracy. :ForeverAlone: Cheers!
Interesting idea and i can see where you're coming from, i can see a resemblance but due to the tracy mini story and the direct reference that characters in that game are going to be in midnight paradise it suggests that there is no time skip, though it would be interesting it would also suggest 20 years in our future since DoD is was set in the modern, current time (mobile phones, internet ect.) which suggests that if you're future Alice idea is correct we're talking about a game set in 2035-2040, which i consider unlikely from what i've seen so far.

I do wonder if Lewdlab was thinking about a Milf Alice when he was making the character though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradisum

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
Interesting idea and i can see where you're coming from, i can see a resemblance but due to the tracy mini story and the direct reference that characters in that game are going to be in midnight paradise it suggests that there is no time skip, though it would be interesting it would also suggest 20 years in our future since DoD is was set in the modern, current time (mobile phones, internet ect.) which suggests that if you're future Alice idea is correct we're talking about a game set in 2035-2040, which i consider unlikely from what i've seen so far.

I do wonder if Lewdlab was thinking about a Milf Alice when he was making the character though.
Same, it only makes me think some time was skipped to reach MP.

Reactions: Volta

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Same, it only makes me think some time was skipped to reach MP.
I don't know for sure if there is any time skip but i would be incredibly surprised, like i said it would require a near future setting, however i wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a 3-5 year skip, somewhere in the region of the time since DoD started development and the release date of MP, effectively keeping the setting contemporary.

I would like to see a future DoD world though, just out of curiosity i wonder which ending would be considered cannon, the harem ending, or a lesser ending? would the MC end up with Tracy or Alice as his "wife", would they have children by that future point, would the children know they were incest babies, all good hypothetical stuff to play with which is a hallmark of Lewdlab and his fan-base .

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradisum

Paradisum

May 13, 2017
I don't know for sure if there is any time skip but i would be incredibly surprised, like i said it would require a near future setting, however i wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a 3-5 year skip, somewhere in the region of the time since DoD started development and the release date of MP, effectively keeping the setting contemporary.

I would like to see a future DoD world though, just out of curiosity i wonder which ending would be considered cannon, the harem ending, or a lesser ending? would the MC end up with Tracy or Alice as his "wife", would they have children by that future point, would the children know they were incest babies, all good hypothetical stuff to play with which is a hallmark of Lewdlab and his fan-base .
The future of DOD world has to be based on your choices, it's a must, since it doesn't make any sense to continue based on a harem, when I selected Tracy's ending.

Would be hilarious though to know the MC could actually be adopted and there was nothing wrong with the babies... And further more, those options you speak of actually makes sense, since when DOD ended we saw a "cliffhanger" with the MC's dad, it could be all linked up. I just can't wait for DOD2... Just imagine sex scenes fully animated like looped movies parts, Oh Dear Lord... :'(

But hey, let's see if Tracy show's up in MP, hopefully unchanged with the same age, fingers crossed towards that perfection. :angel:

Last edited:

Lewdlab

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Hey

Answers to some questions:
- Midnight Paradise will have a male MC
- MC will be attending college during the game
- MC won't be a dumb virgin boy
- MP in my original plans wasn't going to have family stuff, but I redesigned a lot to suit the fans' preferences
- Second character def looks asian. I didn't notice at first (tunnelvision) I wasn't happy with her anyways, you're getting a new one.
- Forget 1500+ renders as a first release. That's simply insane. This game is much more than the render count.
- MP will be a VN sandbox hybrid - a clearly laid out objective/quest system will move the story forward, but you will also have some side activities to do throughout the world (a bit like Summertime Saga) meanwhile to break up the constant story progression that DoD had - in my opinion it was a bit hard to keep up after an hour. There will be more info on this, but you know me, Patrons should know things first.
- Development time for a game like this with no prior experience in this type is through the roof. I want to make it right, so there's constant experimentation -> redesign -> experiment cycle. The first release has to set up a ton of stuff, but after that it will be a smooth ride till the end. I hope everyone can understand that. I'm starting to not take Dec 20 for granted, we'll see. Guess I'll die working.
- No DoD main cast will appear in MP

That's all the stuff I could remember.

tomatoblue69

Nov 4, 2018
Hey

- MP in my original plans wasn't going to have family stuff, but I redesigned a lot to suit the fans' preferences
- Second character def looks asian. I didn't notice at first (tunnelvision) I wasn't happy with her anyways, you're getting a new one.
- Forget 1500+ renders as a first release. That's simply insane. This game is much more than the render count.
- MP will be a VN sandbox hybrid - a clearly laid out objective/quest system will move the story forward, but you will also have some side activities to do throughout the world (a bit like Summertime Saga) meanwhile to break up the constant story progression that DoD had - in my opinion it was a bit hard to keep up after an hour. There will be more info on this, but you know me, Patrons should know things first.
- Development time for a game like this with no prior experience in this type is through the roof. I want to make it right, so there's constant experimentation -> redesign -> experiment cycle. The first release has to set up a ton of stuff, but after that it will be a smooth ride till the end. I hope everyone can understand that. I'm starting to not take Dec 20 for granted, we'll see. Guess I'll die working.

Will there be NTR in the game? Character Reveal # 3 will be Eric's game.

tomatoblue69

Nov 4, 2018
I thought it was fairly obvious that no, there won't be NTR.
Edit: But I guess it's better if stated up-front.
No NTR. So sad, I want the game to have a little taste. NTR would accomplish that, the MC would go home in the middle of the night, and peek at her mother being sexually abused on the bed by her another man , or in the living room. I hope to have NTR, add what is missing in Dream of Desire, Publisher fucking Madam Turner like a whore, which you have wanted to add.

Last edited:

Zero919

May 2, 2017
I thought it was fairly obvious that no, there won't be NTR.
Edit: But I guess it's better if stated up-front.
perfectly.... what we need ;)
question : it turns out in the first issue will be over 1500 renders?:eek:
and I'm glad you decided to remake Character Reveal #2 (lil sis) she looks good, but stands out from her older sister and mom :winkytongue:

Reactions: Raven Hex

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Hey

Thanks for the clarification, there is a lot here that makes me very optimistic, the fact that the game wasn't initially intended to be incest for example tells me that you're looking to tread some new ground while the later redesign to include incest tells me you don't want to leave your fan-base behind, which is very encouraging as is the more savy MC

As for the asian looking little sister character, i don't think anyone has said that she looks bad, IMO she looks great, just out of place, if you happened to have a spare as yet un-modelled character slot somewhere in the game you could always just reassign the model since you've obviously spent time making her look great .

Even if we don't see anything till February at this point it's your game, take as long as you need to, we're not going anywhere.

good luck with it, looking forward to seeing how the non-linear nature of the game works.

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016
Hey

Thanks Lewdlab for the post, good to clear somethings out.
Just couple of questions.
1) Will family be the main Focus again as it was in DoD? or it will be if we want to make it happen?
2) Something i haven't understood yet, is how open will it be, meaning will it be like Summertime Saga and Milfy city and every character is optional based on what we want or some relationships will happen with the story anyway and some will be optional?
3) Will the MC have a face?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.