4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
Bit of a glitch that should be watched out for—if you press Space (the pause button) while you're transitioning from one screen to another, it's possible that you'll be stuck on a black 'Now Loading' screen. When you un-pause, you can still move around, but the screen will stay black... but if you move back to the screen you just came from, the screen reverts to normal with the side effect that the screen no longer blackens when you pause and the map disappears. You need to completely close and restart the game again to fix the glitch...

...also, whatever you do, don't press Space when you die or you'll soft-lock your game. None of the buttons will work, and you'll be forced to close it down entirely and restart.

Now that that's been said... whew. This game is definitely more of a slog than Libra Heart's other titles. Every other 'Succubus' title, I can usually bang out in about an hour. I've already put in about twice as much time for this game, and I'm only about halfway through the game myself. I've only just gotten to the B-side map (yes, there's a B-side, kind of like SotN) and beaten the first boss. And the one thing I can say about this game so far? ...I really wish this game had a map legend of some kind. I can't remember exactly where the merchant is that gives you the sub-weapon fire rate boost; all I know is that it's before the Succubus' castle in a hallway. Just having a marker on the map (and preferably, lines connecting the dozens of warp points) for things you haven't been able to retrieve would be a nice quality of life improvement.

EDIT: Finished the game after a total of six hours. Found 18 (out of a possible 19) crowns and all (16) of the missing girls. The one thing that bothers me is that during the credits sequence, there's an interactive locked door you come across near the end. It makes me wonder, are there more than 16 keys... or are you supposed to reserve one of the keys? Because technically, you can get to one of the girls without using a key to unlock their door, but you might have to sacrifice map completion to manage it.

EDIT #2: Found the nineteenth and final crown. It's in the shipwreck area, shortly after where you find the Thief, in that pit of water you have to escape from by heading into a warp door farther below the water. Unfortunately, I think you need the Succubus' swimming ability to get it, which requires a lot of backtracking at that point in the game. The other eighteen crowns should be easily found just by walking around with the Thief as an active partner.

mayfly

Jun 25, 2017
Damn. After going across the map over and over again after getting 100% looking for missing CGs, I finally realized that after beating the game starting a New Game puts you in an unlock room to spend your crowns in. For 3 crowns they have the option of unlocking all CGs. Past the normal scenes are CG only, no text, which was disappointing.

Oh well. It was a fun game, especially after the slog that was Youmu with its aimless labyrinths and endless collectibles.

elonine

Jun 11, 2017
Hate to be that guy, but.

How do you get to Map B? I killed the succubus twice and i can't figure out where I'm supposed to go. Allegedly, I press down in some instance to turn into succubus, but hell if I can figure it out. Probably missing something super obvious.

elonine

Jun 11, 2017

How do you get to Map B? I killed the succubus twice and i can't figure out where I'm supposed to go. Allegedly, I press down in some instance to turn into succubus, but hell if I can figure it out. Probably missing something super obvious.
NVM, something glitched out and it wasn't working. closed and opened it again and it worked.

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
EDIT: Finished the game after a total of six hours. Found 18 (out of a possible 19) crowns and all (16) of the missing girls. The one thing that bothers me is that during the credits sequence, there's an interactive locked door you come across near the end. It makes me wonder, are there more than 16 keys... or are you supposed to reserve one of the keys? Because technically, you can get to one of the girls without using a key to unlock their door, but you might have to sacrifice map completion to manage it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: gdrocker

mayfly

Jun 25, 2017

It's pretty easy to miss. Make your way to the bottom of the castle, there is a heart switch you can activate with the succubus attack that activates the portal there.

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
this is all i get. i pressed every button on keyboard and controller but nothing happens

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
this is all i get. i pressed every button on keyboard and controller but nothing happens
You need to run in Japanese Locale. Recommended is to use Locale Emulator to run it in Japanese Locale. It will work then.

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
i just finished the game with the map at 98% yet i only have 48% of galery unlocked. i know that i have 4 more girls to save but the problem is, i saved in the start village after the final boss. and i tried everything but i cant get out here. so if i wanna 100% (at least the map) i'd have to start a new file. and i have no interest in that.

liltimmy

Aug 14, 2018
Can anyone point me toward the last key I'm missing? Even with 100% map completion I still can't find it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

i just finished the game with the map at 98% yet i only have 48% of galery unlocked. i know that i have 4 more girls to save but the problem is, i saved in the start village after the final boss. and i tried everything but i cant get out here. so if i wanna 100% (at least the map) i'd have to start a new file. and i have no interest in that.
The game has some neat newgame+ options if you start a new file, most notably two (simple) alternate main characters. If you're only interested in the gallery, you can unlock the full thing immediately at the start of a newgame+.

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes