DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@Nefastus I agree... I think there should be a disclaimer on the OP because I nearly did the same thing, and I would have missed out on a great game.. is that something we'd be able to do @monroe ? Just a little disclaimer basically saying hang in there and give it a full playthrough before making a decision or something along those lines?

Reactions: Nefastus

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
@Nefastus I agree... I think there should be a disclaimer on the OP because I nearly did the same thing, and I would have missed out on a great game.. is that something we'd be able to do @monroe ? Just a little disclaimer basically saying hang in there and give it a full playthrough before making a decision or something along those lines?
Lol, that would be an odd disclaimer, something a person probably shouldn't be proud of but is for some reason. Something like, "Look, I know the first stuff you see is shit...but it gets better, trust me." Maybe I should make that the tagline haha. Coming soon Midlife Crisis Gold Edition: Early monsters with giant heads, but eventually they look fuckable.

FYI, I think you will enjoy update .05 when it's released based on your earlier statement about Jennifer. Some quality bonding time with her again.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I know that sounded kind of weird lol, but the renders really weren't that bad, and the story was good. You definitely had some gems in there; "come taste the floor with me" had me rolling for a good ten minutes

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I know that sounded kind of weird lol, but the renders really weren't that bad, and the story was good. You definitely had some gems in there; "come taste the floor with me" had me rolling for a good ten minutes
I knew where you were coming from and appreciate the thought, I wish there was a way to convey the message to people who will judge the game on first impressions.

I loved that bit too. Its weird that my favorite moments to write, and quite a few other peoples favorites it seems, are all crap I didn't think of while writing, they happen when doing a certain render. Like I had no intention of making him fall until he was standing behind the couch and I figured why not jump it, then had to rewrite part of the scene lol. Sometimes it's worrisome how much of his clumsy goofballness comes from me when not writing in 'character'...I'm starting to think I am not quite as cool as I thought I was lmao.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@TiffanyMonroe I haven't started a romantic relationship with her, I've declined all advances so far. I also declined advances from the oldest daughter, so the ending kind of disappointed

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Only one that I declined was the wife. Everyone else I did the come at me. Only thing I change in the game is to put a paint blot over the MC head to hide it. So many girls to play with.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
This pic does.. Though in the banner she 'sort of' reminds me of Fairuza Balk from The Craft, The Island of Dr. Moreau, American History X, The Waterboy, and others. Just not in THIS pic. Tiny grey alien like.
She really does bear a strong resemblance to Fairuza Balk (who I have had a huge crush on for years) it was basically the entire reason I gave the game a try at first lol. I even named her Nancy after the Craft Character.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I always kind of thought whenever I looked at her. Namely when she was playing rain in resident evil.

Casual Voyeur

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Given the amount of eye-candy visuals these days, Midlife Crisis at first seems like the ugly duckling of adult games, but hidden beneath the not-so-shiny surface lies an appealing little gem.

Regardless of some subpar looking renders most of the girls are really good looking - Sarah being my favourite, followed by Erica, Amanda, Stephanie and Jennifer.
Sandra is a typical voluptuous middle-aged woman (not exactly what I'd call hot, but - just like the MC - she's realistic looking and a likeable character) while the younger daughter is least attractive to me.

The writing - though not flawless (proofreading required) - is one of the game's biggest fortes: smart and full of subtle humour.
While some is downright hilarious ("WTF, she closed the door? It's almost like she's a normal person."), some feels a bit out of place (Max cameo).
Maybe it's just me, but in the course of the game it seems like the humour gets toned down and the MC's actions are less and less questioned.

I especially like the amount of choices - the player is regularly asked about the MC's actions and relationship towards certain characters.
That's commendable, especially since I'm following 3 different routes:

- The loving husband and father (wife only)
- The cheating husband (MC despises his wife and instead pursues every non-family female)
- The creepy pervert (no restrictions whatsoever)

Sadly at the end of the current version the game stops giving the player choices for no apparent reason.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Up to this point I had considered "Midlife Crisis" a 4 star game, but going from "it's your choice" to "let me decide that for you" made me drop my rating to 3 stars.

Still a solid game worth playing.

Last edited:

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Sadly at the end of the current version the game stops giving the player choices for no apparent reason.
Honestly this is the second or third post I have seen about this, which tells me I handled it poorly, sorry about that. I planned waiting until first full release having the option go another way for all these situations when other paths were more fleshed out(I only have so much time each month so certain planned branches will come in slow or even be added after the version 1.0 release), but was worried this one would lead to cutting out decent amount of content going forward for people and not just with the girl in the scene. I think I have changed my stance on that. I will add a choice in for this scene(default will be that you have seen the scene so you will have to go back to miss it), and even in all future similar situations, but will add in a heavy warning/choose at your own risk type disclaimer when I know they will trim down content by a lot, similar to the warning in the locker with Sara for those of you who saw that. Though be warned if you are only on a one or two girl path, this choice in particular may affect progression for multiple girls for at minimum the next few versions(though it should be easy to tell which girls a choice has the possibility of restricting progression on, I will try to warn you if it affects one that seems unrelated at the time)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes