4.50 star(s) 280 Votes

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
i dont sense any dipshitness from the MC at all. (but i haven't tried all routes. im playing Melody-only route, i will try other routes when the game is completed.) so i suspect what Mt PewPew is saying, it all depends how u play.

Reactions: Mt PewPew

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
lol Sorry my bad, but I agree I am a bit worried now that I'm on the Melody goes pro route. However she has chosen MC to be her manager which means he could travel with her on her tours and it wouldn't be too uncommon. Hell if he takes up the role of stage manager as well it would be required lol.

She would also need a band for her tours, so he could fill in for any of the instruments she needs. Seeing what his former career was, it wouldn't be difficult for him and probably welcomed.
Note that the MC is about to go through a stage door when the game starts out.

Reactions: JeefZ

Viressa

May 24, 2018
The irony here is the only time the MC is a "dipshit creep" is when the person playing chooses to make him act like that, just sayin'.
The MC behaves terribly, terribly inappropriately toward Melody all throughout the game and it's something you have no ability to control. He's, what, 40, 50? He's old enough to know better. And the most baffling thing is that none of the other adults around him (like for example, her aunt and step-father, though at least Arnold has the excuse of being a piece of shit who doesn't care about her) seem to notice what he's doing and tell him "Dude, maybe you should back the fuck off?" I get the sense that the author doesn't seem to recognize the problem either. The game tells this really terrifying story of grooming this obviously-supposed-to-be-underage-but-for-patreon-censorship girl and tries to sell it as the MC just being a Nice Guy.

A lot of the Creep Factor here is just inherent to the kink the game is indulging. Obviously, if you aren't down for a story about a middle-aged dude scoring with teenage girls, this story is not for you. I didn't find out until I started playing that this game's made by the same developer as Dating My Daughter and WOW that explains a lot. So that's my fault for not researching more before playing, and for having obsessive-compulsive tendencies that punish me severely for not finishing things that I start. But, as someone who was in Melody's position when I was a teenage girl, I have zero fucking tolerance for men who behave like this.

(That said, this game isn't complete garbage: The Amy and Izzy scenes/storylines are alright, and I like the FF content with Melody and Sophia.)

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
The MC behaves terribly, terribly inappropriately toward Melody all throughout the game
Please don't take this as an attack on your opinion but what is it that you feel is inappropriate? Just the age difference or anything else? I love getting a woman's insight into some of these games because as a not-woman I don't have your perspective.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
The MC behaves terribly, terribly inappropriately toward Melody all throughout the game and it's something you have no ability to control. He's, what, 40, 50? He's old enough to know better. And the most baffling thing is that none of the other adults around him (like for example, her aunt and step-father, though at least Arnold has the excuse of being a piece of shit who doesn't care about her) seem to notice what he's doing and tell him "Dude, maybe you should back the fuck off?" I get the sense that the author doesn't seem to recognize the problem either. The game tells this really terrifying story of grooming this obviously-supposed-to-be-underage-but-for-patreon-censorship girl and tries to sell it as the MC just being a Nice Guy.

A lot of the Creep Factor here is just inherent to the kink the game is indulging. Obviously, if you aren't down for a story about a middle-aged dude scoring with teenage girls, this story is not for you. I didn't find out until I started playing that this game's made by the same developer as Dating My Daughter and WOW that explains a lot. So that's my fault for not researching more before playing, and for having obsessive-compulsive tendencies that punish me severely for not finishing things that I start. But, as someone who was in Melody's position when I was a teenage girl, I have zero fucking tolerance for men who behave like this.

(That said, this game isn't complete garbage: The Amy and Izzy scenes/storylines are alright, and I like the FF content with Melody and Sophia.)
Whoa?!? Thats a bit much ain't it? It's a game where you like it or don't is up to you. But zero tolerance for a character that YOU control and have the option of turning off and never seeing again? But you like the rest of the game? Kinda weird . But who am I to tell you what to watch or play or don't

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018

Here is where I totally disagree with you. They are both adults, (she is in college), and fully capable of making her own decisions. Age difference doesn't matter to two people that love each other. Beyond that, it's no one else's business. Considering your claims that he is grooming her, that generally only applies to minors, which Melody is not.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Please don't take this as an attack on your opinion but what is it that you feel is inappropriate? Just the age difference or anything else? I love getting a woman's insight into some of these games because as a not-woman I don't have your perspective.
If you're an older man in contact with a teenage girl, it's your responsibility to keep a certain distance from her emotionally. You're not her friend, and you never can be, at least not until she's much older. And if she comes onto you, and this is a thing that can happen, it's your responsibility to back up and make the boundaries clear. This goes double if you have some sort of relationship where you have power over her, such as boss-employee or teacher-student.

The MC of this game's behavior is inappropriate because not only does he fail to try to establish those boundaries, but he goes out of his way to violate them whenever possible. The constant hugs and kisses*, the compliments on her appearance, taking her out on effective dates several times a week... Then there are the things that make sweet romance novel tropes with girls your own age but are big no-nos with teenage girls like taking care of her when she's sick and letting her crash at your house when Arnold kicks her out.

*A worthwhile possible caveat to mention, I get the impression that this game is set in france or something? I'm not entirely sure about the cultural details but in (american) movies set in france kisses on the cheek are basically the equivalent of a handshake and might not be as big of a violation of boundaries as it seems to my american sensibilities.

I should clarify that my problem with the MC/Melody storyline (and to a lesser extent the one with Becca) is power and agency and not necessarily the age gap itself. If Melody was the main character, and the story was about seducing your reluctant DILF music teacher, it still wouldn't be my kink but I'd not have this kind of negative reaction to it. (Now, if her music teacher was a hot MILF instead... shut up and take my money.)

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
If you're an older man in contact with a teenage girl, it's your responsibility to keep a certain distance from her emotionally. You're not her friend, and you never can be, at least not until she's much older. And if she comes onto you, and this is a thing that can happen, it's your responsibility to back up and make the boundaries clear. This goes double if you have some sort of relationship where you have power over her, such as boss-employee or teacher-student.

The MC of this game's behavior is inappropriate because not only does he fail to try to establish those boundaries, but he goes out of his way to violate them whenever possible. The constant hugs and kisses*, the compliments on her appearance, taking her out on effective dates several times a week... Then there are the things that make sweet romance novel tropes with girls your own age but are big no-nos with teenage girls like taking care of her when she's sick and letting her crash at your house when Arnold kicks her out.

*A worthwhile possible caveat to mention, I get the impression that this game is set in france or something? I'm not entirely sure about the cultural details but in (american) movies set in france kisses on the cheek are basically the equivalent of a handshake and might not be as big of a violation of boundaries as it seems to my american sensibilities.

I should clarify that my problem with the MC/Melody storyline (and to a lesser extent the one with Becca) is power and agency and not necessarily the age gap itself. If Melody was the main character, and the story was about seducing your reluctant DILF music teacher, it still wouldn't be my kink but I'd not have this kind of negative reaction to it. (Now, if her music teacher was a hot MILF instead... shut up and take my money.)
You are still going on the assumption that she is a teenager, which she is not. She herself says several times she is in college. And going by the things you said in this post, I'm sensing that your real problem with this isn't that he is older than Melody, but rather the fact that the MC is a man, as you said you wouldn't have any problem with it if the music teacher was a MILF.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Yeah, and in all of those incest simulators like Milfy City and Summertime Saga the girls are just your landlady and your housemates. She looks 15, she acts 15, even the way she talks about school is more like a high school than a college. The only strange thing is that she can openly order alcohol in restaurants without being carded but that could just be a "Not America" thing like the kissing thing.

But more importantly, everything I said applies just as well to girls much younger than you even if they're 18 or 19 or even in their early 20's. It's about power, and that doesn't magically go away on her 18th birthday.

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
I'll have to respectfully disagree. My older sister was dating someone almost twice her age when in her early 20's, and it wasn't that big of a deal (I've never dated someone more than 5 years older). She married (and divorced) 2 guys more than 10 years older. We technically don't know the MC's age, but it should be around 36. Maybe older, maybe younger. (The timelines he gives for work and college only adds to around 30.) A 17 year age gap is more than I'd be open to exploring, but it's not a deal breaker for others if it's the right person.

Melody is all fan-girl over him, because he's gotten to work with many of the music industries top artists, and she has a great appreciation for their works. To top it off, Mel is an "Old Soul", and doesn't quite fit in with her own age group, preferring the company of a slightly older crowd (other than Fi, but she has magic hands). I really don't see this as "grooming" her, especially with all of the conflict in the MC's internal monologue. He knows it's strange, and respects her borders (player choice) when she sets them.

Maybe it's just different personality type and tastes, or reading too much or too little into the details. I feel a bond with Melody, because it reminds me of my own brooding youth (except for the dead parents thing), learning guitar and only dressing up when I had to. OK, I still don't like to dress up, and still dress grunge...

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
@Viressa Thank's for your response. I'm sorry you don't enjoy it.

Wish I could agree but other than someone abusing a position of power I don't have a problem with friendships/ relationships between large age gaps.

Reactions: Enyos

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
The FOLLOWING message may contain slight spoilers and is completely full of my opinions :)
Its full of me ranting, so you probably wanna skip this post... :eek:

So the last 2 pages seem to focus on, on that MC is so vile person... are you being serious?
Where do you see MC acting like a pig, like some lust monster?
and the damn thing like "if MC was a female" just shows how messed up is your point of you... Its like I am watching that messed up South Park episode about that school teacher dating Ike (kyle's Canadian brother) and all of the damn "Nice" when Kyle tells the cops and everyone else that the teacher crossed a line... that was really weird and kinda disgusting episode... I have no trouble with incest and lots of other stuff, as long as its not some kind of Sex for the sole reason of doing it, lusting over any Female and just forcing them, abusing ....

About Melody's age, yeah I would agree she was 16-18 but, but... its not the case, because the Author dint hint it that she is below 18. I mean look she can drink alcohol and her step-father is going through some stuff but He would not allow for her to go on her own if she was really 16-18, she is 19 and as He said its time for her to gain some independence. He did said he would help if she ever needed but that's not an indication of her being below 18

... Look at me typing about a game, what are you doing to me people. I do understand that it would seem like its the case (age of Melody), that you would think that but you might be reading to much into it. I understand that Patreon made a lame and pathetic move to censor art, because some probable pedos and vile fucking people wants to hide and act like they are against stuff like underage sex in art... Give me a break. So many other stuff that people should concern themselves but no as usual people being offended about stuff that are fictional, not real...

Another thing the affection toward someone is a person to person thing. Some people are just more affectionate and some simply never hug or do anything decent or nice towards someone. I understand boundaries but affection is steady growth, like...
some are like trees, taking ages to sprout into the air, some are intense... like some rare flower on high dose of drugs

May 7, 2017
Wow, you guys arguing over nothing. I don`t care how old is she, unless it`s obvious that she`s illegal, but she definitely looks like an adult and the story TELLS us that she is 19 (remember that conversation in hotel room when she was talking about her virginity?), so what`s the problem? Nobody will knock into your doors with the words: "FBI open up".

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Wow, you guys arguing over nothing. I don`t care how old is she, unless it`s obvious that she`s illegal, but she definitely looks like an adult and the story TELLS us that she is 19 (remember that conversation in hotel room when she was talking about her virginity?), so what`s the problem? Nobody will knock into your doors with the words: "FBI open up".
what can u do, some people always like to linger. im sory guys i don't want to hurt anyone feelings but if her looks or age is such a big thing for someone.. he/she or whatever can just don't play the game right? it's not like we will care or cry because of it. this whole argument is pointless whatever we think about it. the game is made, is doing very well and will be finished for sure.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
She's NOT!! Melody and Sophie are high school girls. Mr Dots is self-censoring because of Patreon/Real Life rules: he's not allowed to depict MINORS having sexual intercourse. The little Asian waitress is a minor, too.

WHY can't you understand it?

MC should be 35-40, Amy is 31, Sophie and Melody are 16-17.
As one of the game creators, MC’s age is not set in stone. He has a lower age of 28 and upper age of late 30’s. In addition, the script as written puts him with a college degree (age 22) plus some years in the industry (imo, some 7-10 years) putting him about 29-32 imo. Isabella’s age is scripted as 26, and if MC was in school the same time as her, then (assuming a 4-year high school) his age would max out at 30.

MC’s age was specifically left unspecified, allowing the player to imagine the age they would prefer. Btw, it is left unanswered the age difference between Amy and MC, but it has been considered that Amy is actually older than MC.

Melody and Sophie were always scripted as college students with Melody age 19 and Sophia age 20 at the time this VN was devised. As for Xianne, she is also college age, although I don’t find in our notes that an age was picked.

As for render style, MDots does have smaller breasted models in both his works and I would suggest that it is a style that will continue through his works. Except for D, small breasts equate with younger females and large breasts equate with older females. Personally, it is a style I prefer.

Finally, I find a stronger argument that Elena and Jennifer in DMD are more of MDot’s version of underage girls, and that Melody and Sophia are MDot’s version of college freshman girls. (Since Melody and Sophia are the look of the ladies I was dating while in college, I personally agree with MDot’s vision - while my wife is the same height and dimensions as D from DMD, though decades older.)

——————

As a side note, I am less concerned about the estimated ages of female renders, the relationship between a student and teacher, and the relationship between a parent and daughter in MDot’s works. To be clear, I am not espousing any of this in real life and have a good understanding of the emotional harms probable in any of the above situations as I deal with these issues in my legal practice for years now.

What I am more concerned with is the misogyny in games where there is sometimes no attempt to make the female subjects into a rounded and realized character as opposed to a sex object.

I bristle at comments that Rachel and Bethany are bitches that need to be punished (or raped). Obviously, MC in both stories met them and fell in love - and a failed relationship is always way more complicated than just the other is a heartless bitch.

In addition, whether or not we ultimately are successful, there are concerted efforts that in each of the main female characters, they have a story arc that allows them to progress and grow as opposed to be worn down into sexual objects.

4.50 star(s) 280 Votes