Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 1.00

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for the important choices in the game Melody! If a choice gives points or is required to see a scene it will be highlighted so you don't have to worry about missing points or scenes because of dumb reasons like not having extensive knowledge of jazz music history or because you don't know the difference between a piccolo and a fife. Choices that aren't important and don't have lasting effects aren't highlighted so you still have freedom and can pick your preferred choice.

• A scene replay gallery containing every scene in the game has also been added to the main menu! The available scenes are already unlocked/viewable, meaning you don't have to replay the game to see them.

• The UI and textbox will no longer block the screen during all the sex scenes. For some reason the developers forgot to hide the UI during the sex scenes so there's always a big textbox blocking the screen during the scenes even if there isn't any dialog. Now the UI will be hidden during scenes and the textbox will only show if a character is speaking.

• I've currently made over 40 improvements to the events in the game so that you're no longer forced to only do one scene and miss the other. Now when possible, all the scenes will play for events instead of only one.

Scene improvements:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Melody-1.00-pc" folder.

Mac: Unzip the mod -> Right click your Melody app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents" then "Resources" folders -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod to the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac: - - - -

b1.png b2.png h1.png h2.png t1.png t2.png
p1.png p2.png 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I'm not sure if it's the mod or maybe that I have the compressed version but I cant see the calendar anymore on the screen or the points? so I cant tell if I am doing anything right or not.

Reactions: Core X

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm not sure if it's the mod or maybe that I have the compressed version but I cant see the calendar anymore on the screen or the points? so I cant tell if I am doing anything right or not.
I hid the calendar because I felt it kind of just got in the way of the images and wasn't really useful. The points should still always be on the screen though except during sex scenes. You might just be at a part where it's turned off, try to keep playing a bit more and if it still doesn't appear after a while let me know.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I hid the calendar because I felt it kind of just got in the way of the images and wasn't really useful. The points should still always be on the screen though except during sex scenes. You might just be at a part where it's turned off, try to keep playing a bit more and if it still doesn't appear after a while let me know.
oh I see, since there isnt a 0.7 walkthrough yet I was kinda worried I wasnt going to get the points right

steamblower

Dec 16, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 14, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'language'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/screens.rpyc", line 12, in script
    ��{�J֛0�X�Ҡ�t�w�x���-XX����ы;�X�Ԑn��F��ى�ٺ�l=��D�,B�P}E�`�P����"��ME��"7�߈=Z�s�&�c�)8lF�M�M�2jnY�����Dn��[��Y�Z�\G�[�Ӣ5�#7�3��uFmh(��5��M^�Z�%Bm��P�o��Z�$�y��=�(V��

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
I'm at the first scene with Isabella and the UI is still on the screen, and thus far I haven't seen any highlighted choices (such as to activate the Izzy route). Does all of that come later in the game? Or did I do something wrong?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm at the first scene with Isabella and the UI is still on the screen, and thus far I haven't seen any highlighted choices (such as to activate the Izzy route). Does all of that come later in the game? Or did I do something wrong?
What specific moment are you at in the game? And have you seen any highlighted choices at all, or just no highlighted choices at the part you're at with Izzy?

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
I just got done with the first h-scene with Izzy. I've attached a screenshot to show you. UI is still there, and I've seen no highlighted choices thus far.

I have the compressed version, but I don't think that should matter (please let me know if it does), and I extracted the Mod straight to my "game" folder.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I just got done with the first h-scene with Izzy. I've attached a screenshot to show you. UI is still there, and I've seen no highlighted choices thus far.

I have the compressed version, but I don't think that should matter (please let me know if it does), and I extracted the Mod straight to my "game" folder.
I think I might know what's wrong. Can you send me a screenshot of your ".\Melody\game" folder?

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
Thank Goodness (and Maim Lain) for this!
That's how the original game should have been. I so HATE to save-scum through choices in order to pick up the "right" choice while neither the "right" choice seems right nor i even know what i am save-scumming for as it is completely obscure what may lead to what.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes