• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

rugburn

Sep 16, 2018
I started a new save and Caitlins quest "The Blind Hunt" is stuck. I've done it numerous times before with no problems. I'm on the part where you return from collecting the samples and have to wait a few days. No dialogue option to advance the quest. I skipped like 2+ weeks in game and still nothing. Anyone know a solution?

Edit: Apparently assigning her to a job or having her doing other stuff before starting the quest can mess with it? I had her assigned as gardener but removed her from any jobs and as follower, still nothing. Am I going to be waiting months in game or something? Or is the quest completely fucked? I just advanced about another week in game and still nothing.

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I started a new save and Caitlins quest "The Blind Hunt" is stuck. I've done it numerous times before with no problems. I'm on the part where you return from collecting the samples and have to wait a few days. No dialogue option to advance the quest. I skipped like 2+ weeks in game and still nothing. Anyone know a solution?

Edit: Apparently assigning her to a job or having her doing other stuff before starting the quest can mess with it? I had her assigned as gardener but removed her from any jobs and as follower, still nothing. Am I going to be waiting months in game or something? Or is the quest completely fucked? I just advanced about another week in game and still nothing.
Did you free her by any chance? That quest is horribly patched and in need of an overhaul - as it touches on several old 0.7 systems that are not in use anymore.

Her quests should work flawlessly if:

- She remains a slave (not wife, not servant etc).
- She is unassigned from all titles/jobs, except as a follower when doing expeditions.
- She is not in the training room or assigned for Morning BJs.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024
Is building more than 1 library in the house worth it? So many empty rooms with that option.
If you have more than one library in v8.31 (and v8.3) you will get the boni from the library with the "highest room number" for the mignight calculations (stat raises of the npcs).

Reactions: sonhot

FallenR

Nov 2, 2021
There is no Incest from the pregnancy system like Free Cities or Strive (if you're hoping like me if you saw pregnancy), found out about it after 5 days of play, as of version 0.8.3.1b. Nice Game play though if you have the time and patience to learn how to play. Hopefully, there's a patch for a faster way to advance pregnancy either through cheats like the +1 age or buying an item that accelerates it like in Apocalyptic World. Additionally, please add some prego scenes for all npc, thank you.

Jun 10, 2022
There is no Incest from the pregnancy system like Free Cities or Strive (if you're hoping like me if you saw pregnancy), found out about it after 5 days of play, as of version 0.8.3.1b. Nice Game play though if you have the time and patience to learn how to play. Hopefully, there's a patch for a faster way to advance pregnancy either through cheats like the +1 age or buying an item that accelerates it like in Apocalyptic World. Additionally, please add some prego scenes for all npc, thank you.
In game settings you can speedup pregnancy and child development.

Reactions: FallenR

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
The option to enslave mercs is coming eventually as well. Not sure exactly when.
why would you want that though? are you that cheap? lol.
While I will never enslave Aiko, Enya or Loren (for me, they are companions, not fuck toys, and I like them with
pride and will) there are a big advantage in making slaves of them. And not, it´s not saving her meagre pay. It´s to put them under the wing of a slave master that rise passively her physical stats

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
While I will never enslave Aiko, Enya or Loren (for me, they are companions, not fuck toys, and I like them with
pride and will) there are a big advantage in making slaves of them. And not, it´s not saving her meagre pay. It´s to put them under the wing of a slave master that rise passively her physical stats
My understanding is that the high tier mercs like Ayden/etc will be difficult if not impossible to enslave anyway and they make up the majority of the salaries I'm paying. I have 78 people in my house right now including I believe every Merc except the new female paragon. My total salary cost is $2206, and out of 78 people my 5 most expensive mercs make up almost all of that cost ($1795), and Ayden makes up almost a quarter all by himself. So saving $20ish turning Loren into a slave really doesn't move the needle anyway.

The more interesting aspect to me would be if there are different bonuses or penalties for slaves vs servants vs mercs/etc. Other than setting certain people like Caitlyn free as part of their quest progression I haven't bothered to try to convert anyone to a status other than what they start as.

I suspect I might be more likely to promote a story slave to freedom than enslave a merc, especially if it changed whatever bonuses apply to them in a positive way. You do gain the ability to assign someone you enslave to a slave master for training though which can be a good way to boost skills.

Reactions: Lurker452
Mar 5, 2024
So, only one librey Bonus, they don´t stack?
Why would they stack? If you have multiple libraries you can only purchase the same collections for each of them, meaning with multiple libraries you will only have (in the
best case) multiple copies of the same books. In which situations do multiple copies of the same books give an additional bonus? Would you learn something new from a second copy of the same edition¹ of the Encyclopedia Galactica, which you would not be able to learn from reading the first copy of the same edition of the Encyclopedia Galactica?

Clearly in a university library (and other public libraries) it often makes sense to have multiple copies of a book, as in that case multiple students (or customers) can read the same book at the same time, but they are not able to get additional information from a second, third or xth copy of a book (which they would not be able to get from the first copy) - books on the same topic (with a different focus and different ways of explaining things) are entirely different thing (ie. depending on the recipient or reader one form of presenting information might mean that he/she learns more than from another form of presenting more or less the same information).

It is already interesting that just adding bookshelves (with copies of presumely the same books) do give an additional bonus.

The only thing that does not make so much sense is, that not the highest boni is taken, but the bonus from the library with the highest room number (for the stat gain of npcs during the midnight calculations).

Stacking of boni (from libraries/collections) would only make sense, if there were more collections to purchase and not all of the collections would fit in the same room (ie. you can only fit n collections into a library room, but there are k different collections, with k>n) and you would not be able to purchase the same collection a second time (at least as long as you still have the collection in another library room).

And if you do not believe me, just look at the html code in the passage "Rooms" (search in the html file for the string 'name="Rooms"' without the single quotation character ' and then search further for the string 'LIBRARY EFFECTS' again without the single quotation marks - or just search for 'LIBRARY EFFECTS' still without the single quotation marks) and read the code yourself.

¹) Of course from a later edition of the Encyclopedia Galactica you might be able to learn something new, ie. about the marketing department of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
My understanding is that the high tier mercs like Ayden/etc will be difficult if not impossible to enslave anyway and they make up the majority of the salaries I'm paying. I have 78 people in my house right now including I believe every Merc except the new female paragon. My total salary cost is $2206, and out of 78 people my 5 most expensive mercs make up almost all of that cost ($1795), and Ayden makes up almost a quarter all by himself. So saving $20ish turning Loren into a slave really doesn't move the needle anyway.

The more interesting aspect to me would be if there are different bonuses or penalties for slaves vs servants vs mercs/etc. Other than setting certain people like Caitlyn free as part of their quest progression I haven't bothered to try to convert anyone to a status other than what they start as.

I suspect I might be more likely to promote a story slave to freedom than enslave a merc, especially if it changed whatever bonuses apply to them in a positive way. You do gain the ability to assign someone you enslave to a slave master for training though which can be a good way to boost skills.
This raises a question. Paragons will supposedly fight you if you try to strip or brute force them. Can you capture them if they decide to fight you? They would then be classified as convicts, presumably. Unless their ID is changed during the capture/running them through the male slave engine.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
This raises a question. Paragons will supposedly fight you if you try to strip or brute force them. Can you capture them if they decide to fight you? They would then be classified as convicts, presumably. Unless their ID is changed during the capture/running them through the male slave engine.
Yeah I don't know what his plans are for paragons. Personally, I would either make paragons impossible to enslave or I would impose a huge penalty after doing so. For instance you enslave Ayden he loses all of his positive traits including ammo pack and overcharge and either has no traits at all or maybe something like Jaded. So not worth it even if possible. Or maybe you try to enslave Felix he fights you to the death. So he's gone. Or maybe any paragon you enslave escapes and is permanently gone the moment you remove them as a follower.

Mar 5, 2024
Seriously guys..? No one..? Twelve hours later? Still no one..?
I ain't know someone named "Turner", but if you mean "Tuner Jackson", well then either
unset the variable $tuner or set the variable $tuner to 1, that should give you the bounty mission again (which might just be enough). Maybe someone will tell you, how to do it via console, but then again, with a little searching of this thread, you should be able to find out, how to unset the variable (instead of some other variables).

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Is the .45 revolver impossible to be looted from Valkyria? Or the chance was just very slim? I've been save scumming that fight but it never dropped lol.

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I ain't know someone named "Turner", but if you mean "Tuner Jackson", well then either
unset the variable $tuner or set the variable $tuner to 1, that should give you the bounty mission again (which might just be enough). Maybe someone will tell you, how to do it via console, but then again, with a little searching of this thread, you should be able to find out, how to unset the variable (instead of some other variables).
Correct! Either unsetting $tuner or setting $tuner to 1 will reactivate his bounty at town hall.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes