• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I always take manhunter in my runs so I can't really dispute that. It is possible, albeit extremely unlikely, that you have just had a absurdly good run of luck.

If it is the case that this has been changed then the table on the wiki needs to be updated.
If you were playing it you'd think it even more extremely unlikely. I play 1d100, I used to occasionally kill prospective captures with the whip, Dakota was frequently delinquent in that regard. Once she did it three times in short order, one of them during the combat she triggered 'Warrioress' to show and count and notched a Bloodthirsty point to boot. She got a whipping for her vainglorious behavior of course, all three times. It looked like the perverted little slut enjoyed it, I can't help but wonder if she did it on purpose.

Suddenly that stopped. It's been a long while since I killed a potential capture with a whip. Months, maybe several. This current Rise from the Ashes character has 746 battles, almost all of them involved a capture, and I've only been playing him a few weeks.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
If you were playing it you'd think it even more extremely unlikely. I play 1d100, I used to occasionally kill prospective captures with the whip, Dakota was frequently delinquent in that regard. Once she did it three times in short order, one of them during the combat she triggered 'Warrioress' to show and count and notched a Bloodthirsty point to boot. She got a whipping for her vainglorious behavior of course, all three times. It looked like the perverted little slut enjoyed it, I can't help but wonder if she did it on purpose.

Suddenly that stopped. It's been a long while since I killed a potential capture with a whip. Months, maybe several. This current Rise from the Ashes character has 746 battles, almost all of them involved a capture, and I've only been playing him a few weeks.
This looks like the relevant code:
Code:
<<set _slavechance to random(1, 100)>>

<<if $equipped is "whipstick">><<set _slavechance+=89>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "knife">><<set _slavechance+=20>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "sword">><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "staff">><<set _slavechance+=70>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "fists">><<set _slavechance+=85>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "sledge">><<set _slavechance+=35>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "gsword">><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>

<<if $round is 1 and $mctraitman gte 75>><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>
<<if _okslave is true and _slavechance gte 90 and $combat isnot 133>>
<div class="green">$enemy1 has been incapacitated!</div>
Random number 1 to 100 + 89 will always be greater than or equal to 90... meaning that whipstick has 100% chance to incapacitate without manhunter.
Staff + manhunter has 96% chance to incapacitate as only random number 1-4 will result in slavechance less than 90.

Edit: I am a bit puzzled about, "if $round is 1" condition for mctraitman... It would seem to indicate that slavechance is only calculated once... Which makes sense if slave chance is only calculated once for all potential slaves in the entire battle or that manhunter only applies to round 1... I'm happy to gangwhip my future prospects though, so it doesn't reall matter :)
Mystery solved: Round 1 = MCs turn.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I was just referring to character creation and going from memory. I just checked it out, if you do a normal start you are capped at 90 but if you're playing Enhanced you can raise attributes to 130. You can even get it higher if you know a few naughty tricks known by veteran character-creators....
It gets a little silly goofy sometimes. Shame I did not max copulation. I could have taken Unlucky to cap it too. The Intelligence can be capped higher if I take Expert Doctor or Expert Scholar but eh.
masters of raana start enhanced 0002.png

Edit: Hang on, new start with max copulation for the memes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey
Mar 5, 2024
This looks like the relevant code:
Code:
<<set _slavechance to random(1, 100)>>

<<if $equipped is "whipstick">><<set _slavechance+=89>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "knife">><<set _slavechance+=20>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "sword">><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "staff">><<set _slavechance+=70>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "fists">><<set _slavechance+=85>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "sledge">><<set _slavechance+=35>><</if>>
<<if $equipped is "gsword">><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>

<<if $round is 1 and $mctraitman gte 75>><<set _slavechance+=15>><</if>>
<<if _okslave is true and _slavechance gte 90 and $combat isnot 133>>
<div class="green">$enemy1 has been incapacitated!</div>
Random number 1 to 100 + 89 will always be greater than or equal to 90... meaning that whipstick has 100% chance to incapacitate without manhunter.
Staff + manhunter has 96% chance to incapacitate as only random number 1-4 will result in slavechance less than 90.

Edit: I am a bit puzzled about, "if $round is 1" condition for mctraitman... It would seem to indicate that slavechance is only calculated once... Which makes sense if slave chance is only calculated once for all potential slaves in the entire battle or that manhunter only applies to round 1... I'm happy to gangwhip my future prospects though, so it doesn't reall matter :)
You are confused (puzzled), now I am amused. But no the mctraitman can only the mc/pc have and "$round is 1" indicates that it is the mc/pcs turn (round 2 to 5 are for the follower slots). And if the code would only be calculated once, then the "$round is 1" would be redundant (but it ain't so) - just look at the end tags. Otherwise congratulations - eventhough some things had been said more than a month ago in the previous discussion about slave capture chances.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Heh, I've talked myself into a lot of bad traits because I needed those damn points to make my latest 'optimum' strategy work.
I definitely understand those motives!

Is that an Enhanced start? I played with those for a while and remember thinking that it appeared with the Enhanced starts you could exceed the normal caps. I don't think it works that way with the other starts though, but I might be wrong.
Yeah exceeding the 90 pt cap is apparently enhanced only. Didn't realize that. Not really worth it for any other start anyway since you can train up to close to that without spending pts on it. Would rather have traits with starting pts.

I love Deadly Strike because it makes capturing in the early game so much easier, opponents wearing Combat Armor and above don't succumb to the whip painlessly very often. The whacked-out Space Marine in Watery Eyes and Brian Calloway often cost me a relative fortune in tendstims, but Deadly Strike makes them so much easier.

The others I've tried briefly but didn't think it worth the expense. Manhunter is kinda nice for those tough early combats where you can get a surprise capture that makes the whole rest of the battle so much less painful, but it can also cause you to get the wrong capture which can be quite irritating so I end up changing my combat tactics and that sometimes means I've got more opponents firing at me for longer than I'd prefer.

Tough is too expensive I think. It would save you in tendstims and is certainly a nice perk, but thirty points is a lot. It's two ugly disadvantages I'd rather go without.
I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not but it seems like melee trains up through use a lot faster than ranged does. So I frequently never used ranged at all on MC other than to train it in the dojo to boost my mercs or followers ranged skill or work towards Master of War. The extra damage from Deadly Strike plus max devotion to Aesir frequently means I don't use any stims at all until I start seeing tier 6 bounties. With melee I'm on a rocket ship to 150. With ranged I frequently only gain a few points per month, if that.

The healing implant plus a few well timed visits to the bath house keep everyone's health in decent shape unless I have an unlucky fight somewhere. I do prioritize good armor early on though. Ayden comes with Wega so he's good to go. Connor comes with Duraplate. Kate doesn't need armor. So I just need 2 suits of Duraplate. One for MC, and 1 for a follower. I can easily cover that in the first week.

I took on Cassius in my old Rise from the Ashes run which I updated and started playing occasionally a little while back but the girl I got with him was just a standard random. No special stats, no traits outside 'Jaded.' It was that cute little ginger who has scenes so I wasn't too unhappy 'cuz her pics are hot, but I'd rather have gotten a badass like you did.
Oh I meant she was painful in the fight where you actually capture Cassius and her. She had crappy stats and traits for me as well but both she and Cassius were wearing good armor and doing lots of damage for a week 1 capture.

In the final analysis I just beat Godzilla with my team of Ayden and the second-stringers and did it with no reloading and nothing untoward, so I tend to think it's possible to over-weight some advantages as in the end you don't really need them to beat the toughest target in the game.
Haven't seen Godzilla for awhile now. I think Grim may have tweaked the script so he can't show up for a few months or so. I frequently used to get him in the first month.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
You are confused (puzzled), now I am amused. But no the mctraitman can only the mc/pc have and "$round is 1" indicates that it is the mc/pcs turn (round 2 to 5 are for the follower slots). And if the code would only be calculated once, then the "$round is 1" would be redundant (but it ain't so) - just look at the end tags. Otherwise congratulations - eventhough some things had been said more than a month ago in the previous discussion about slave capture chances.
Yes, that would have been obvious if I had paid a tiny bit more attention to the details when I glanced further down the code and noticed that there was up to at least 11 rounds.
Code:
<<if $round is 7>>$enemy1 misses!<</if>>
<<if $round is 8>>$enemy2 misses by an inch!<</if>>
<<if $round is 9>>$enemy3 makes a very bad miss.<</if>>
<<if $round is 10>>$enemy4 fumbles and misses the attack.<</if>>
<<if $round is 11>>$enemy5 fails to hit anything!<</if>>
As to why it has to be repeated... I think you overestimate the memory capacity of forum members in general... And since you suggested that you had deleted the relevant post, I didn't see much point in searching for it.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Hmm. Here's another interesting option for a Rise build. If I drop the requirement for Deadly Strike I can go with ZERO skill classes and get some pretty decent traits without a bunch of annoying disadvantages. I think I'd probably feel obligated to buy the aim implant with this build. 10 melee and 25 ranged... Ouch. Stats are fixable though. The traits are what I really care about.

rise_no_class1.jpg rise_no_class2.jpg

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah exceeding the 90 pt cap is apparently enhanced only. Didn't realize that. Not really worth it for any other start anyway since you can train up to close to that without spending pts on it. Would rather have traits with starting pts.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not but it seems like melee trains up through use a lot faster than ranged does. So I frequently never used ranged at all on MC other than to train it in the dojo to boost my mercs or followers ranged skill or work towards Master of War. The extra damage from Deadly Strike plus max devotion to Aesir frequently means I don't use any stims at all until I start seeing tier 6 bounties. With melee I'm on a rocket ship to 150. With ranged I frequently only gain a few points per month, if that.

The healing implant plus a few well timed visits to the bath house keep everyone's health in decent shape unless I have an unlucky fight somewhere. I do prioritize good armor early on though. Ayden comes with Wega so he's good to go. Connor comes with Duraplate. Kate doesn't need armor. So I just need 2 suits of Duraplate. One for MC, and 1 for a follower. I can easily cover that in the first week.

Oh I meant she was painful in the fight where you actually capture Cassius and her. She had crappy stats and traits for me as well but both she and Cassius were wearing good armor and doing lots of damage for a week 1 capture.

Haven't seen Godzilla for awhile now. I think Grim may have tweaked the script so he can't show up for a few months or so. I frequently used to get him in the first month.
As I recall he changed it so Godzilla wouldn't show up until at least a hundred days in. I got him on day 207 or so.

I've wondered myself if Melee trains faster than Ranged, I seem to get crits at a better rate than one every twenty strikes. Getting two in the same combat is not that uncommon.

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Hmm. Here's another interesting option for a Rise build. If I drop the requirement for Deadly Strike I can go with ZERO skill classes and get some pretty decent traits without a bunch of annoying disadvantages. I think I'd probably feel obligated to buy the aim implant with this build. 10 melee and 25 ranged... Ouch. Stats are fixable though. The traits are what I really care about.

View attachment 3610517 View attachment 3610518
The real 'ouch' there is the 25 stamina. I've tried that, it's no fun. You run out of stamina damned quickly. There's tricks you can use with your last five points of stamina to get more out of a day, but you're still going to cash it in early. I dig myself out of the hole as fast as I can with training and trips to Hope Laurel and eventually the Baths, but it's still enough to be memorably annoying.

Good solid character once you get that stamina up though.

Reactions: khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The real 'ouch' there is the 25 stamina. I've tried that, it's no fun. You run out of stamina damned quickly. There's tricks you can use with your last five points of stamina to get more out of a day, but you're still going to cash it in early. I dig myself out of the hole as fast as I can with training and trips to Hope Laurel and eventually the Baths, but it's still enough to be memorably annoying.

Good solid character once you get that stamina up though.
Yeah that stamina would hurt bad initially, but 2 training sessions per day gets that up past the standard (and still painful) 40 in only 8 days. It's also only 100 influence so no bath house for awhile. Gotta treck all the way to Watery Eyes for massages. It would certainly take a lot longer to fix those stats.

Intelligence and Charm are the only stats there that aren't completely pathetic, but Deadly Strike is really the only significant trait I'd be missing. Wildborn would be nice but that's more of a bonus. Attractive, Teen Subduer, and Party Animal would all combine to make progress with the girls pretty easy even with crappy initial stats too.

Combat stats are so low that MC would be pretty useless there until you get the aim implant or do a LOT of training, but you could round up some stronger mercs and let them carry you through combat.

Mar 5, 2024
I've wondered myself if Melee trains faster than Ranged, I seem to get crits at a better rate than one every twenty strikes. Getting two in the same combat is not that uncommon.
Well if the random $skillroll for melee would be random(1,45) (for mc and followers) and random(1,40) for enemies (in melee) and if a crit (without any traits) would be a $skillroll of 4 or less, then you would get other crit-chances in melee (as opposed to ranged).

But that would never be the case, or would it?

Again the code is pretty clear on that one, too - eventhough the wiki might disagree on that one and one might need to look at a few more lines of code.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Huh. I have always considered Manhunter the best trait personally, especially now with the addition of male captures. +15 to capture AND +15% to their auction sell price? Yes. Unless you plan a pacifist run I guess.
Manhunter it´s one of the big YES for me. The +15% on selling prices its a lot of money.
The other one that I never miss it´s Brainy. If you miss it you are going to miss a lot of skill points from the books. 20 points (and you get a +10 int) for this it´s a no brainer for me.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Did you check that you really get the influence? I just spoiled everyone with everything and it showed inf gain 31, below the picture, I had green check on socializing and after party check... But still got no added influence at all.
No. I have not done. I just assumed it was correct.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
The most important trick is to train stamina only when it is already depleted.

Example of a day starting with 11 stamina points:
Spend 10 points doing something, like hunting or preparing meat (You now have only 1 point).
Train stamina (no stamina used since you are already at bottom).
Have a party or educate a slave (no stamina used).
Go to Furrys tavern even if there is a storm (ok to stumble in with 0 stamina, socializing will return you to 1 or 2 points)
Stumble back home at 3 in the morning (hopefully not ending with 0 stamina).
Do construction work or pray until 5:30 am (and pass out due to negative stamina).
Wake up with 12 stamina points and repeat.

Sooner or later you will have enough stamina from the training, to not run out of stamina before end of the day and then you can start doing things in any order you want.

hohungasas

Aug 11, 2020
Clemency,貼文:13665306,會員:6953411 said:
具體選擇哪個?重置Winton、重置任務、重置任務觸發器都屬於不同的變數(winton_sex、quest_winton 和 aca_hemme 或是 aca_wolf)。最快的方法是在做出選擇之前重新載入早期的保存。
[/引用]
重置任務

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes