VN Ren'Py Mary Goes to Summer School [Ch.1 v0.3a] [DimS40]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Played right through from the start today, a little rough around the edges but developing well.
One thing that almost had me close it at the start is the jittering opening screen, is that just me or intentional? If it's intentional it really isn't pleasant to look at.

View attachment 3509218
it happens occasionally. It's a Ren'py bug I can't figure out. Normally the start screen has just a slight animation when you move your mouse.

Reactions: nastyfkr

nastyfkr

Feb 1, 2024
it happens occasionally. It's a Ren'py bug I can't figure out. Normally the start screen has just a slight animation when you move your mouse.
Is it possible to add a check box in the preferences to disable opening screen animation?

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I like the concept / UI but I wish there wasn't sci-fi creature/monster :/
The monster is only part of the story. There will be many other sex scenes with humans partners male or female according to Mary's preferences.

Prysma

Apr 6, 2022
I press Z and it does the animation but nothing happens then, if I release it it says it wasn't supposed to release yet.

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I press Z and it does the animation but nothing happens then, if I release it it says it wasn't supposed to release yet.
You should repeat it and keep it pressed until it says you're done. There is a timer there for how long you have to keep it up.

Reactions: Prysma

fjwelfje

Jul 14, 2020
I like the concept / UI but I wish there wasn't sci-fi creature/monster :/
I dunno, I thought that at first too, but it increases defiance, which is decreased by punishment. Maybe you stop being able to disobey with too low a defiance, and get railroaded or stuck unable to do things that would get you in trouble you need to get into. I like the idea of keeping mc between a rock and a naughty tentacle monster.

Reactions: DimS40

DimS40

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I dunno, I thought that at first too, but it increases defiance, which is decreased by punishment. Maybe you stop being able to disobey with too low a defiance, and get railroaded or stuck unable to do things that would get you in trouble you need to get into. I like the idea of keeping mc between a rock and a naughty tentacle monster.
Also note that like irl not all monsters look like monsters on the outside.... (y)

Reactions: Arikania
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote