XMFR64

Mar 5, 2017
Animations still don't work even if I do what you suggest so the game is over for me.
I have Windows 8.1

Aladeen

Aug 28, 2017
Please read this :
Well then the question: How do I disable directshow, as this seems to be importent to make this fix work( Idealy in a way that just chechs or unchecks a button, so I have it back later). Without this I have tried it already and it didn´t work.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
How can I disable direct show for this to work? (because right now it doesn´t, and he said this seems to be the thing that mnakes it work)
Can you check something different first? If you have installed the codec from the zip here:

Can you go and check in your control panel if it was installed correctly? So it shows up like this:

WebM.jpg

I remember Win 8 having issues to install stuff when you don't have the right permissions.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
@Barioz , the link you provided is not working for W8.1 (animation still does not work)
Yeah, that's what we've been discussing a lot and try to find a solution. I will add a short note to my post though.

Can you try what I just wrote in your control panel?

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I have Windows 8.1
That is a big problem. 7 is still supported (by MSFT) as it has 32 bit compatibility and the largest install base, and corporations took a look at Vista, 8, and 10 and said "Hell, no!" 8 is Me level bad of an OS. There was a free upgrade...

But really though Faerin should be using
  • VP9
  • VP8
  • Theora
  • MPEG 4 part 2 (including Xvid and DivX)
  • MPEG 2
  • MPEG 1
and a

• WebM
  • Matroska
  • Ogg
  • Avi
container like Ren'py can use. Hell H.264 even.

Reactions: stal1234

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
If you find solution to not working animations on windows 8/8.1 please write them near downlowd or description. Ps. I found those animations in game folder, Man of the house v0.7.0b (extra)>man of the house_Data>StreamingAssets. Too short animations to see all glory of this scene

4.20 star(s) 251 Votes