Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

KarelAppel264

Jan 2, 2019
Try to download Visual C++ 2015 86x and 64x.

EDIT: Also check if you have permissions (full access) to all game folder etc..
I've downloaded both, it doesn't seem to change anything. How do I check my permissions? It's my personal computer, so I should have access to any folder I create right?

Arty7891

Feb 22, 2018
Hi! I've problem to r! When I run wine staging and when I copy the text that Sycho gave us in the terminal, I have a bug with the following message:
Executing w_warn_cancel Please insert volume 'Sims3EP04' (needed for package '')

------------------------------------------------------

Please insert volume 'Sims3EP04' (needed for package '')

Can someone help me please? I would like to play Man of the House ^^

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi! I've problem to r! When I run wine staging and when I copy the text that Sycho gave us in the terminal, I have a bug with the following message:
Executing w_warn_cancel Please insert volume 'Sims3EP04' (needed for package '')

Sims??? Ok.. let's start with your OS.

Second, are you using Playon***/Lutris or anything like that?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

What did you paste into the terminal window?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thank you but it was the instructions I followed...I think I don't understand what to do with the winetricks
I don't think you followed this exact version. Winetricks is script which installs some Windows components which Wine needs.
After installing it, and cabextract, you use it to install that components, by typing in terminal:

Code:
sh winetricks quartz devenum ffdshow corefonts

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you but it was the instructions I followed...I think I don't understand what to do with the winetricks
The thing is, you need to follow the instructions EXACTLY. If you don't, you won't get the results you want. That's why I wanted to know exactly what you did.

Arty7891

Feb 22, 2018
I don't think you followed this exact version. Winetricks is script which installs some Windows components which Wine needs.
After installing it, and cabextract, you use it to install that components, by typing in terminal:

Code:
sh winetricks quartz devenum ffdshow corefonts
ok thank you! I will try this

Arty7891

Feb 22, 2018
The thing is, you need to follow the instructions EXACTLY. If you don't, you won't get the results you want. That's why I wanted to know exactly what you did.
1-First, I've installed wine staging.
2-Then, I've gone to the link from this sentence: "Now you need to get winetricks from ."
3-I've opened wine staging, which opened my terminal
4-I've copied all the text of the page from the 2nd operation with ctrl + A all to my terminal

mgiles22

Jan 2, 2018
when trying to cd to the location of winetricks, directory cannot be found, where would terminal have installed it on my system? i.e where would i find the winetricks folder? it won appear on any searches i can find and ive already reinstalled it again just incase, howeveer i was never given the option to decide its location

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
when trying to cd to the location of winetricks, directory cannot be found, where would terminal have installed it on my system? i.e where would i find the winetricks folder? it won appear on any searches i can find and ive already reinstalled it again just incase, howeveer i was never given the option to decide its location
you don't need to cd to the location after you copy the code press enter
Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" < /dev/null 2> /dev/null
And finally install winetricks by using
Code:
brew install winetricks

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Windows 10 users, if you are having difficulty running MotH and you use Citrix for work purposes, this will fix the problem for you so you won't have to uninstall Citrix from your PC. Happy gaming! Running it with administrator privileges may be required.

Reactions: cold_arctus