Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Don't use the lower resolutions. You'll lose a lot of the right and left edges of the game screen and won't be able to access most of the functions in the game. So if your max res for your monitor is 1920 x 1200, set the game to the same settings, and when you go into the game, click on the gear icon and set the game at full screen. Also, try lowering the frame rate to 30FPS (by default, MotH uses 60FPS). I honestly don't know if that will help, but it's worth a shot.
So I did all that. There is now a slight delay before the mother and the kitchen grey out. But not enough for me to click on the milk and then the mother. Just so the information is out there: the greying out of the kitchen is exactly like the greying out when you bring up the phone. I want to thank you and the others who have tried to help. I really appreciate it. I'm glad that f95zone has so many people willing to spend their own good time that they could use to play games, helping others that are having issues. Even though it hasn't helped me, this time, it's why I like this community.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So I did all that. There is now a slight delay before the mother and the kitchen grey out. But not enough for me to click on the milk and then the mother. Just so the information is out there: the greying out of the kitchen is exactly like the greying out when you bring up the phone. I want to thank you and the others who have tried to help. I really appreciate it. I'm glad that f95zone has so many people willing to spend their own good time that they could use to play games, helping others that are having issues. Even though it hasn't helped me, this time, it's why I like this community.
Any time! That's why we're here! Good news though is that in about 4 weeks or so, Faerin is reworking the code for the game. That may fix the issues that you're currently experiencing now. For now, I really can't think of anything else that will help you, and reinstalling your OS most likely won't help in your case. Plus, unless you're experiencing issues related to your OS, I wouldn't do a reinstall of Windows. That may not even solve your problem, IMHO.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help.

Reactions: Simon Jester

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The same error message. I tried to fix the error in five different ways. But it does not work. Maybe my system has been bugged somewhere.
Well, that or the file might be corrupt. Did you download the game from here? I found someone else with the same problem as you and he downloaded it from Faerin's Patreon page.. he wasn't able to extract the game either and none of the help I tried to offer worked.

I'd really hate to see you have to reinstall your operating system again if you don't have to. I'd only recommend doing that if you were having other issues besides not being able to extract the game.

Rahdamanthe

Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone i asked the question on another topic and I was advised to ask it here, so :

First of all, please excuse my english, it's not my original language (I'm french).

I have a small (big) problem: I have to go and see Emma and Amy at the vault but when they are there and I want to go, I have a bug. I can go home but when i'm there everything hangs apart from the texts that are looping.
The small window where there are choices and decisions appears and disappears right away (and it lasts less than a second) . I can not go out , i am completely blocked and have to disconnect from the game and and restart the game

Does anyone have a solution?

Note:
I am under w10 . I have version 8.2 extra. Amy has 4 stars and Emma 0. Apart from this problem the game works wonderfully

Thank you in advance for your answers

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello everyone i asked the question on another topic and I was advised to ask it here, so :

First of all, please excuse my english, it's not my original language (I'm french).

I have a small (big) problem: I have to go and see Emma and Amy at the vault but when they are there and I want to go, I have a bug. I can go home but when i'm there everything hangs apart from the texts that are looping.
The small window where there are choices and decisions appears and disappears right away (and it lasts less than a second) . I can not go out , i am completely blocked and have to disconnect from the game and and restart the game

Does anyone have a solution?

Note:
I am under w10 . I have version 8.2 extra. Amy has 4 stars and Emma 0. Apart from this problem the game works wonderfully

Thank you in advance for your answers
Attach your save, please. I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
First of all, thank you for your response .

Here is my last save .

Thanks again for the time allotted !
You're welcome!

Part of the problem I'm seeing right off the top is that your mood is low. Go into the cheats app on your phone, click the "Max" button under the 4 smiley emojis then click on the lock icon so your mood never decreases from ":cool:".

After you do that, you should be able to visit Amy or Emma at The Vault.

Rahdamanthe

Sep 25, 2018
You're welcome!

Part of the problem I'm seeing right off the top is that your mood is low. Go into the cheats app on your phone, click the "Max" button under the 4 smiley emojis then click on the lock icon so your mood never decreases from ":cool:".

After you do that, you should be able to visit Amy or Emma at The Vault.

OK !!!! Thank you very much, i try it right away and i'll keep you informed

Rahdamanthe

Sep 25, 2018
Really sorry but that's not it.

You can see it below, all my levels are at maximum, i'm there at the time when there is Amy and Jenna (I see their avatar on the map of the city). I still have no possibility to interact with the buttons, apart from scrolling the text:

- first sentence: here is the vault
- second sentence: if i ever have to have my own home, this is where i would like to live
-third sentence: But i probably can not afford it because it's very expensive
-Fourth sentence: and if that is not enough, you need the recommendation of three other residents

And that's all . Every time i press my mouse it turns in a loop . Capture2.PNG

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Really sorry but that's not it.

You can see it below, all my levels are at maximum, i'm there at the time when there is Amy and Jenna (I see their avatar on the map of the city). I still have no possibility to interact with the buttons, apart from scrolling the text:

- first sentence: here is the vault
- second sentence: if i ever have to have my own home, this is where i would like to live
-third sentence: But i probably can not afford it because it's very expensive
-Fourth sentence: and if that is not enough, you need the recommendation of three other residents

And that's all . Every time i press my mouse it turns in a loop . View attachment 154572
Ok, I'll dig a little further into your save and see why that's happening. The loop bug should have already been fixed in version 0.8.2.

*EDIT*
I've got your save fixed. So you shouldn't experience any more loops at the Vault.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Rahdamanthe

Sep 25, 2018
Sycho .... You' re the best !

It works . Once again a very big thank you for taking the time to take care of it .

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello
I can't change resolution in game launcher, it's locked on 720x400.
Is there any other way to change the game resolution?
System: Windows 7 64bits updated
Graphic card drivers:18.5.1 latest
What's the highest resolution your monitor supports?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have done it already, it doesn't work for me even after deleting registry keys in windows HKCU\Software resolution is locked on 720x400.

Edit: 1680x1050
Okay, can you tell me a little bit about the video card you have installed? For example, is it an ATI card?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Ati Radeon R7 260X
I just downloaded "Twist" another game made in unity and i can play on max resolution without any problems.
Are you using the Crimson drivers, Adrenaline drivers or the Catalyst drivers for your card? If you're using either of the first two, then we'll try something else.. if you're using the latter of the three, uninstall those drivers and download, then install either the Crimson or Adrenaline drivers (whichever your card will support). Restart your computer and see where you're at with your display's resolution. Match the highest resolution for your monitor you can use with the highest resolution the game will support.

Ex: display: 1920 x 1080
Game: 1920 x 1080

As a side note, the game supports a ratio of 16:9 if that helps.

Reactions: AVD

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for help.
Installation 18.9.3 optional drivers for my graphic card solved the problem.

Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 Latest File Size 473 MB Release Date 5/23/2018 (720x400 max resolution)
Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 Optional File Size 430 MB Release Date 9/26/2018 (I can play without any problems)
Awesome! I'm glad you got it working. :)