Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

RMo

Sep 3, 2017
In the third Mia movie, is there any way of getting both the "Came in her mouth" and "fucked her on the desk" achievements? They seem to be mutually exclusive.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
They are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. It was an experiment to see how the audience liked having to chose either/or.

The answer is "they don't" :) I should really rewrite that.

Reactions: GmFn1869

depeche

Nov 10, 2016
Well, it's not as simple as that IMO.

Either it's a pure visual novel then no effect is expected to our choices, or it's a game with branches with different endings depending on choices made during the game. If then, the player is supposed to play the game several times to see every path and every ending.

Making Movies is at the moment a pure visual novel, and i'm not shocked there is minor choices without any consequences except not to see every part of a sex scene/movie, because it's the plot.

The game is designed as to make the good choices for the best movie, and there a goals to reach (at the end of the film, it is checked to see if we reached all the goals). So either/or choices are expected, but i wa surpried too when all the goals were not reached at the end of the movie, because of the mutual exclusive between "came in the mouth" and "bend over the desk".

Reactions: Droid Productions

RMo

Sep 3, 2017
They are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. It was an experiment to see how the audience liked having to chose either/or.

The answer is "they don't" :) I should really rewrite that.
I think the problem is that the visual indicator leads you to believe that both are possible. A very simple visual rework of that to show it's either/or would make it obvious to players, which would be cool. I quite like the idea of branching choices, to be honest. It was just not clear

Reactions: GmFn1869

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've found this game very fantastic. Cant w8 next update, Dev.
Glad you enjoyed it :) Real life has been bugging me recently, so I really need to get back into the harness. I'm coming to a close with Mia's storyline in the next 1-2 episodes. Now I just need to.. you know, make it happen :)

Reactions: Emmi3

ba5uki

Sep 22, 2018
I'm coming to a close with Mia's storyline in the next 1-2 episodes. Now I just need to.. you know, make it happen :)
I wish there's an update soon. At least make v0.2.2 ported to android version as im playing that kind of. Would you Dev or any1 help to make my wish Come true?

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
I'm completely lost. I've made 1 movie with the doctor, 1 with the barista, and 2 with Mia. No idea what to do next to advance the story.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm completely lost. I've made 1 movie with the doctor, 1 with the barista, and 2 with Mia. No idea what to do next to advance the story.
You need to go back to school. Once you're smart enough, you'll start to run into an old friend at the college.

molerat21

Jun 12, 2017
You need to go back to school. Once you're smart enough, you'll start to run into an old friend at the college.
Thank you. Just finished the current content. Also, I wanted to mention a bug with the game: if you play the game long enough, which isn't very long, the stats button wont show your stats until you exit out of the game and reopen it. Otherwise, I like the game, and I like Mia.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thank you. Just finished the current content. Also, I wanted to mention a bug with the game: if you play the game long enough, which isn't very long, the stats button wont show your stats until you exit out of the game and reopen it. Otherwise, I like the game, and I like Mia.
First I hear of that bug, off hand I can't see what's causing it, but will try to get a repro. Real life has been kicking my ass, so not much time for Mia, sadly.

I want to finish Mia's arc, though; I've got a bunch of renders made for her last movie, I just need to set aside time to actually write it. A fun fact; the original demo was a lot darker.. there was a possible 'bad' ending with Mia's first movie. You see some hints to it in under-utilized the light/dark system, and in the ID check. At one point it was possible to get her drunk, then blackmail her into making the shot very reluctantly. She was supposed to be entirely disposable. Except by the time I was done I really hated it, it genuinely felt wrong, and I deleted all the assets and scrubbed the story. In the end, Making Movies became the Mia Waifu story instead :)

The movie reviews ended up being a place I packed a lot of easter-eggs and foreshadowing, especially for Mia's movies. I doubt anyone read them (and for all the randomly generated movies you're competing with there was also a random comment generator).

Thanks for playing,

Droid.

Reactions: Emmi3

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm at the scene where I get the email saying mia is kidnapped. But it won't let me call anyone, keeps saying all communication is made by email? Plus the girl in the gym is now gone and I see mia at the college.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm at the scene where I get the email saying mia is kidnapped. But it won't let me call anyone, keeps saying all communication is made by email? Plus the girl in the gym is now gone and I see mia at the college.

Assuming nothing's gone wrong, you need to call some friends, and one of them will agree to meet you at a new location on your map

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Can you exit the office? You said you could go to the school, right? If you look on the bottom right, there's supposed to be a new open location
I can leave and go anywhere but it shows mia at school like a normal day

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And there's no hideout on the map, right? (I'm aware of the bug where Mia's still back at the school; fixed, I just need to test it).

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes