Illusion Making custom worldspaces for Honey Select?

KeeganJ92

Jun 20, 2020
Hello everyone. I finally decided to try making a game. Im doing my best to get the basics all figured out. The code has been easy to pick up so far, so that's cool. Its probably going to be a fairly straightforward VN, not a ton of choice. I know, thats not as popular, but i want to focus on telling a story and not get too far ahead of my own ability to learn to make these. Anyways, I have HS2 and getting mods to try and get my characters all sorted and looking good. ive tinkered in the animation studio, its not the most straightforward workspace by any means but i think i can figure it out. So, my main question is, how do i create and import custom 3D worldspaces to use to place and animate my characters in? I'm having crap luck searching for info on this for some reason. I would guess i need some Unity tools to create them? The default ones are pretty trash looking and don't fit my setting at all.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
So I work in koikatsu but it should be the same concept. tutorials for importing assets from unity to HS but usually the easier way is to just build the environment yourself using assets available. So instead of going to where the maps are listed in the studio, go to where all the objects are or use the search function and for example search for "wall" or "ground" etc then just piece them all together.

Aug 11, 2020
Some map creators:

HooH has some nice, random maps. AIlegend is mostly known for his empty houses where you still need to add lighting and furniture. But beware, these maps and item packages aren't optimized or tested at all. You will encounter random items with way too high poly count or texture size, which take forever to load and still don't look good. You'll also have items with broken origin, scale and rotation.

This tool is also indispensible when using custom maps:

It lets you disable certain items or lights and even move them around. Doesn't work on every map and your changes don't get saved when you save your scene. It's perfect when you want to remove a wall to place your camera or when you want to remove a modern item like a telephone for your medieval game.

I wouldn't recommend piecing together your own maps with the vanilla items. They're terrible: ugly blurry textures, don't fit together properly, extremely limited, ...

KeeganJ92

Jun 20, 2020
Thanks ill look into all that! i agree a lot of the stock stuff looks bad, but i have made a COD Zombies map so i think i can handle this.

MoiMoi

Jul 27, 2017
So I work in koikatsu but it should be the same concept. tutorials for importing assets from unity to HS but usually the easier way is to just build the environment yourself using assets available. So instead of going to where the maps are listed in the studio, go to where all the objects are or use the search function and for example search for "wall" or "ground" etc then just piece them all together.
Do you have a link to another tutorial maybe? The resources in the link you've shared have been taken down. :(

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
You are either dependent on map releases.
Or you build them yourself with the various props, but the problem with that is you pretty much have no lightmap baking like in the maps, so it's likely going to look like crap.
You can try SEGI or rigging various lights and AO but who knows what you are really going to get, especially since you would need good expertise to even use them.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Do you have a link to another tutorial maybe? The resources in the link you've shared have been taken down. :(
Sorry, I haven't looked for these tutorials for quite a while. There should be another source around but it might take some digging to find since it seems to not be something that people do very often.