millichase

May 15, 2019
Aside from the language, the font is too small for me, and (in any text based game) there should be an option to change it.
It's a QSP. You can change a font size any moment.
Upper menu -> Settings -> Font -> Select font
There a size can be changed. After that
Upper menu -> Settings -> Font -> Always use selected font's size

Volson

May 12, 2021
Ok, so after playing for one minute, was the English translation done with an AI?
I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but I am not exaggerating here.

EDIT: Ok, so yeah apparently there is a note about that, but only if you choose to "play the prologue", which I didn't the first time. There is no prologue. There are three paragraphs of text.

Aside from the language, the font is too small for me, and (in any text based game) there should be an option to change it.
The fog navigation is also terrible. Even if you're aiming to have the players pull out a notebook and a pencil, the structure just isn't there. I'd suggest playing the Zork games again if that is the path you want to go with.

I'd suggest reducing the randomness of the stats on creation. Staring the game with one Sanity and being forced to immediately lose one Sanity to progress is silly.
Tnaks for you feedback!

Will try to work on my English. Useful not only for games lol.

About fog maze - will add to text clue where you need to go. Honestly, I can't get through it myself.During tests always dies in it:)

And random -you play in v0.0.1 variant one of final mission, so in it you can reach with different stats.That why I do it so randomizing (but yes, did it in last moment). In the future you will start with certainset of stats, changing them through the game.

Volson

May 12, 2021
A new QSP game? In this day & age? Color me shocked
I know how to work with it. Engine like Unity didn't work properly on my computer, and study twine, renpy or something else - seems to long for me. Maybe in future I will transfer game on another engine. But not before I do enough content for full-playeble game.

Volson

May 12, 2021
Hey, why don't you add a .bat file, something like
Code:
@echo off
start .\PLAYER\qspgui.exe .\LWH.qsp
exit
Double click on LWH.bat is pretty more convinient than manualy running a player.
Thanks for advise. Will be do it in next update. Thought, that a launch .bat file in unknown game - not that people would like to do:D

Last edited:

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
It's a QSP. You can change a font size any moment.
Upper menu -> Settings -> Font -> Select font
There a size can be changed. After that
Upper menu -> Settings -> Font -> Always use selected font's size
Then maybe an in game "settings instructions menu", which tells you where to adjust each option. Sort of like:
. New Game
. Continue
. Settings Guide
. Exit
>>
... Font: Upper menu... et cetera
... Fullscreen:...
... Language:

It's a classic. So much games made with by QSP. But most of it not in english unfortunately. In a different case maybe QSP would be quite popular now.
Any of them good?

And random -you play in v0.0.1 variant one of final mission, so in it you can reach with different stats.That why I do it so randomizing (but yes, did it in last moment). In the future you will start with certainset of stats, changing them through the game.
The point is that as a demo, the learning curve starts way too high for no reason. There is no point in trying to simulate the experience of a player who went through the entire game to a newb.

Last edited:

netuttki

May 10, 2018
For text size issues: The game has to be started with the player found in the player folder - then the font and the layout will work. With different players it doesn't really work.
This should be highlighted in the game description.

Last edited: