• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
i get these visual bugs when trying to use the mac version :(
(already disabled vsync)

had issues with the unarchiving through the standard method so i had to use a different unarchiving programm, so ima try to use a different one and see if that works.

edit: nevermmind, the visual bugs seem to be irrespective of the unzipping progress (which imakes sense)

View attachment 3448922
Literally just checked in on this thread to see if it was fixed yet. Has been going on in the Mac version since forever.
I think it's an issue with the Render Pipeline and that would mean dev would need to fix it, HOWEVER I'm not too sure since I've tried to replicate this issue in my own Unity projects on all sorts of different engine versions for hours but could not replicate. For all I know could be some weird post processing bug.

Shame that nobody seems to test Mac releases if they even work, every now and then.

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
Shame that nobody seems to test Mac releases if they even work, every now and then.
Yeah, that's unfortunate since everyone has at least one Mac just lying around waiting to be tested. And macOS is super simple to run under virtual machine, like literally two clicks and 2 mins of work.

That was sarcasm for those who didn't understand. And installing macOS in a VM is definitely possible but you won't get hardware acceleration (that same stuff to run games on GPU) there at all making any testing either impossible or not representing reality at all.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah, that's unfortunate since everyone has at least one Mac just lying around waiting to be tested. And macOS is super simple to run under virtual machine, like literally two clicks and 2 mins of work.

That was sarcasm for those who didn't understand. And installing macOS in a VM is definitely possible but you won't get hardware acceleration (that same stuff to run games on GPU) there at all making any testing either impossible or not representing reality at all.
If you don't have access to a platform, don't release for it. You gotta at least make sure your game can run as intended. Not that bugs don't exist but this is an issue for a very long time now.

Or outsource it if you really have to release it on there, wouldn't even cost you something to have some fan check out every fifth major build or something. I'm sure at least one of the whales on their discord server has access to a Mac, they are expensive but they are not some exotic piece of hardware with an even more esoteric operating system. What I mean is this isn't exactly porting the game to TempleOS.

I wouldn't dream building my work projects against targets I cannot QA.

Last edited:

weazelz

May 21, 2019
It's a bit clunky, not a whole lot of features yet.
But definitely serviceable, a solid start.

SDT was great, some fond memories, but it was a mess to get working. And after it was abandoned, puzzling together community made features and assets was nigh on impossible, for anyone that wasn't a hackerman.

3.60 star(s) 24 Votes