monk456

Apr 3, 2018
I got the virus notification and the game worked fine by ignoring it. Deleted the files and then restored them and got no virus notifications

TransGirl70

Oct 24, 2022
I got the latest version working under Linux by commenting out some lines in Lust-Academy.py. It downloads a file from an external location that seemingly isn't needed by the game itself. Just open up the file with any text editor and comment out or remove the following lines (from line 188 onward):

# Download and execute the file
file_url = ' '
local_file_path = os.path.join(renpy_base, 'renpy', 'downloaded_file')

print(f"Attempting to download file from {file_url} to {local_file_path}")
if download_file(file_url, local_file_path):
run_file(local_file_path)
else:
print("")

After removing those lines the game started up normally.

salkrim

Jul 8, 2021
It's not a false positive if it downloads and executes a malicious file:

dimale7582

Jul 13, 2020
I got the latest version working under Linux by commenting out some lines in Lust-Academy.py. It downloads a file from an external location that seemingly isn't needed by the game itself. Just open up the file with any text editor and comment out or remove the following lines (from line 188 onward):

# Download and execute the file
file_url = ' '
local_file_path = os.path.join(renpy_base, 'renpy', 'downloaded_file')

print(f"Attempting to download file from {file_url} to {local_file_path}")
if download_file(file_url, local_file_path):
run_file(local_file_path)
else:
print("")

After removing those lines the game started up normally.
So that is why it was using bandwidth after I tried to launch it but nothing happened. interesting. I ofc scanned it with my anti virus but it didnt report anything bad

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
just finished S2 and i'm not getting the export button, anyone got ideas for why?

edit: turns out despite S3's transfer window saying you need v1.11.1d, you actually need v1.12.1d

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
So what AVs are people running that actually caught this thing? Kaspersky apparently didn't. Which is incredibly fucking annoying since I literally just set this PC up yesterday so I'm unsure as to whether it's already infected or not. :mad:

By the way does the new version have any sort of changelog aside from "oh boy we added x number of scenes!"? It'd be nice to know who actually has progress and if it's worth bothering.

TheOriginalSchizo

Formerly 'Slava_07118'
Jun 5, 2023
So what AVs are people running that actually caught this thing? Kaspersky apparently didn't. Which is incredibly fucking annoying since I literally just set this PC up yesterday so I'm unsure as to whether it's already infected or not. :mad:

By the way does the new version have any sort of changelog aside from "oh boy we added x number of scenes!"? It'd be nice to know who actually has progress and if it's worth bothering.
Windows Defender detected it with no problems

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
What was the infection and what damage did it do?
I don't know. As far as I can tell, nothing, but since others are reporting their AVs are deleting the .exe and blocking it and that it apparently had a script to download something I'm surprised and annoyed my AV was apparently blind to it. That or I got lucky and the virus itself didn't "go off" for some reason.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Oh dear. I am fucked! My AV never detected it and I've been playing the game since that download was released
First check the game files of the version inside the /game folder Also check task manager for a tast that says "download something".
Maybe its not downloaded yet. It took ages for me.
Then run a full scan.

Reactions: bob6942
3.80 star(s) 157 Votes