Sora kun

Game Developer
May 27, 2023
adding to the above...
2 hours later I was a bit lucky with Golden recipes to drop and lacked enchanting crystals so I made a complete Dungeon rerun.
By my observation in the dungeon you get an Item or recipe drop every third battle atleast... likely because the avarage group has 3 enemies and groups are tightly packed opposed to the forest with little ammounts on overpowered enemies and an avarage group size of 1,3 enemies.

I also read in the Thread that you want the time system to make people sleep more often, but the fact that time barely passes while being in the Dungeon or any town is rather opposing that thought.
Maybe if a day would last an Real world hour this would make more sence, but I managed to pass 4 hours Real world time and ingame barely 1 hour passed.
Haveing some Rest Area every 3rd Level of the Dungeon includeing a teleporter would allow for such a system to be effectively usable I'd assume.
The rest Area could work like the mansion with your companions loitering around so you can give the gifts and have some intimate moments... heck those could even help with restoreing some of their mana given they'd feed on MCs essence.

The main town seems far to vast since the sprites seem to have reduced size which makes running home, to the shop or the Cathedral far to tedious... even the mansions inside is far to big compared to its outward appearance, the places feel empty and simply a waste of time to navigate.
Make MCs home and the Guild accesable from the first map, maybe place the church and Magic school in the map to the north of that map and the shops should all be in the same map (so maybe move the backery and Tavern into that area to reduce the need to run around).
Placeing an Altar to the goddess in every guild branch would also reduce the ammount of time Players have to move around for some of the game mechanics you thought up.

With the Dungeon being the main focus of the game giving the Players a streamlined and optimized town to only spend a minimum of time there would be a great advantage.
My MC is either in the dungeons or the Weaponshop in order to craft and enchant Items, the rest of the maps are just unnecessary filler... if you intend to use them for some Girl development maybe move them more out of the way like in the area of the current Cathedral.
Also offering some Chests with definitiv Item drops or restoration Items could go a long way to make people less opressed with the ammount of farming required to get better gears and unlock more girls
There are more foxes in the location, but I absolutely agree that they need to be weakened to make the battles faster and maybe increase the amount of loot as well.

Unfortunately, the game engine strongly resists not pausing everything in battle... I managed to solve this issue for monster respawns and some other simpler mechanics, but with global time and buffs, it's a pain... I'll try to do something about it.

City will gradually be filled with side quests and various activities, so there needs to be space for this to avoid issues with save transfers later. From the global map, you can go directly to the mansion if you move your character onto the city territory (the region territory stops flashing). Maybe I'll also add an option to move directly to the shopping district.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The Fox Princess can be defeated even with purple equipment, of course with potions and careful skill usage. We tried to balance the difficulty so you either farm and gear up to the max or use potions and plan your moves in battle. There are also feedbacks that bosses are quite easy, so we will wait and gather more feedback.
Actually it might be in your best interest to block the Boss rooms before MC takes the Quest to defeat the Boss (Barrier maybe?).
The main issue is that people can't gauge the Power of a Boss on the first try, so they might simply get overhelmed not expecting such a tough fight at the time.
In the Rat Dungeon Bosses can be underestimated since group battles can be won easily even if MC is several Level lower than the Boss Level, I tried to apply my experience from the dungeon on the Forest battles, given how I struggle against a strong Fox my assumption for the Boss dificulty might be off.
As for mana regeneration, I really don't understand why you don't use food from the tavern for recovery? In the city, it's even cheaper than near the dungeon. If you can, please explain in more detail, I would be very grateful.
Regular Item consumption tends to be a thing that most RPG experienced Players probably try to avoid, also after seeing that buying 10 of each highest quality restoration Item cost me around 30k so far it's not something viable early on.
At the start I spent most of my money on apples and Mana really only gets a strong issue after recruiting the protector as the first skill has moderate Mana consumption while the combination of the 1st and 2nd skill actually drain your reserves.
So in the Area from Level 6-10 Mana is the main thing that slows down Player explorations... and the forest because Foxes really are outragious in comparison of Power to the Item quality you need their drops for... I tried faceing young foxes with Level 12 and full green equipment and had to rreload unless I wanted to spend several 100 Gold coins worth on restorative Items for a single encounter, it got manageable when my party had got some blue equipment from the protector boss battle includeing it's heal ability.
It's hard to choose here since not everyone gets the summoning stone on the first try. We will also reduce the amount of experience per level in the next update, which should help speed up leveling.
Good that you mentioned the difficulty of the foxes =) Now my partner can no longer defend their difficulty :D
My advice from before about sealing boss rooms until you get the Quest and get a warning from the Clerk might be the easiest solution here.
There are more foxes in the location, but I absolutely agree that they need to be weakened to make the battles faster and maybe increase the amount of loot as well.

Unfortunately, the game engine strongly resists not pausing everything in battle... I managed to solve this issue for monster respawns and some other simpler mechanics, but with global time and buffs, it's a pain... I'll try to do something about it.
Maybe change the buff to something like a battle counter, MC and party gets buffed for 3-5 battles instead of a set global timer.
Currently it can take 10 minutes if you challenge a Group of 4 enemies with a barely strong enough group.
Also teleporting into an area swarming with monsters makes it an issue that you might loose the blessing before even reaching the boss... returning back to town in that case and try to reach the boss again is likely leading to the mob monsters to respawn before that time and people are stuck in an attempt to reach a Boss with an empowering blessing.
When you head for the Slayer Boss you should expect encountering atleast 3 enemy mobs before reaching the boss room.
City will gradually be filled with side quests and various activities, so there needs to be space for this to avoid issues with save transfers later. From the global map, you can go directly to the mansion if you move your character onto the city territory (the region territory stops flashing). Maybe I'll also add an option to move directly to the shopping district.
Given that I normally only go the house when It's 22:00 and shops are closed a fast travel Option to the Cathedral and the Shops would be appreciated... maybe even consider to include fast travel options whenever you leave a map in the city to reduce the feeling of a walking simulator or use a NPC for a small fee to fast travel for these instances.
Another suggestion even with upgradeable shops I always felt the seperate armorshop as strange... most RPGs have them share a larger building and given the inside space of the shops also being over dimensioned there should be enough space for both counters in a single room... makes a single crafting and enchanting location more viable aswell.
It felt like the Shops and Mansion are some Standard RPGM maps where down scaled characters, like used in the game, feel out of place and giving the feeling of haveing to navigate a city of it self to get interact with all the girls alone

• Star-struck
Reactions: Sora kun

Sora kun

Game Developer
May 27, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really don't want to restrict freedom of movement, so maybe I'll add a one-time warning message before the boss fight.

I think I understand the problem now. I played the game all the time without using skills in auto-battle, so I didn't have any issues with mana. I'll keep an eye on the feedback and might do something about it. It seems I have an idea on how to implement passive regen on the map, bypassing the standard RPGM mechanics.
My advice from before about sealing boss rooms until you get the Quest and get a warning from the Clerk might be the easiest solution here.
Then there would be an issue with the summoned girl significantly lagging behind the hero in level. I have an idea on how to fix this, so I'll test it and possibly change it in the next update.

When I wrote to you last time, I had an idea on how to fix this. So, after another nearly sleepless night, it's all done! Now, time progresses even during battles, and the buff duration has been increased to 60 minutes.
It's hard to disagree here, I wanted to add another merchant to the armour shop, which should improve the situation a bit. Also, I haven't learned how to draw good character animations on the map yet, so I mostly use standard sprites.

It's hard to tell you how grateful I am for this feedback! Thank you so much!

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
In general I like this game and I am just throwing some random thoughts your way hopeing to inspire yourself to get some of the issues adressed.
I am happy to help this way and impressed that you are this open to change some mechanics in the game.
I am really looking forward to the next releases with the improvements you introduced dureing these conversations.

faptasm

Oct 21, 2017
My first impression of this game was the gif that immediately loaded when I hovered over it. I have never seen somebody "animate" sex by dragging a woman around in Photoshop, but here we are now

Sora kun

Game Developer
May 27, 2023
My first impression of this game was the gif that immediately loaded when I hovered over it. I have never seen somebody "animate" sex by dragging a woman around in Photoshop, but here we are now
There's a bit more than just dragging an image, but I agree that the animation isn't very good and looks even worse in GIF format. I will redo it in the future. The animations are much more complex now.

Last edited: