Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Teodex

Mar 12, 2018
Hi, just joined to say: Good work!

This is exactly the type of game I was hoping to see been made for a long time. This game is obviously inspired by one of my favorite H games, Nangoku Dominion (by Sofhouse Chara who have done several SLG, not Alicesoft who are best known for H-RPG like Rance). Having quite some fun so far, looking forward to see the project going forward.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Hi, just joined to say: Good work!

This is exactly the type of game I was hoping to see been made for a long time. This game is obviously inspired by one of my favorite H games, Nangoku Dominion (by Sofhouse Chara who have done several SLG, not Alicesoft who are best known for H-RPG like Rance). Having quite some fun so far, looking forward to see the project going forward.
Thank you, Teo! Hopefully you stick around for the growing pains. I try to keep up with F95, but if you want to follow news a bit more in-depth, a lot of the patron blog posts are public. Feel free to hop in and out!

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Which events are you working on Jhim?

Thank you for the feedback grape! I posted a about it just today, but I really want to stress that mechanics in the early-implementation stage so things like rebalancing/pacing/alternatives to grind are in future plans. It's not to toot my own horn, but because game isn't a VN and I'm doing the art, there's a lot of added work I have to do that'll take time to iron out.

Current implementation of LP is just in a placeholder state. I set it to 99 as a countdown variable for everyone to test mechanics, but the tentative goal is to maybe have it tie into the tent events/sex trainer element yet to be implemented.
Who aver has an event available.

grapedog

Feb 24, 2018
Thank you for the feedback grape! I posted a about it just today, but I really want to stress that mechanics in the early-implementation stage so things like rebalancing/pacing/alternatives to grind are in future plans. It's not to toot my own horn, but because game isn't a VN and I'm doing the art, there's a lot of added work I have to do that'll take time to iron out.
I figured as much, I just wanted to give my thoughts on changes I would like to see. Again, thank for the good work!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And a duo for good measure.

===

Have a nice weekend everyone!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hey all! Back from a weekend trip and I went ahead and continued work on Charlotte. Still a lot work left in fixing proportions, but here's a preview of current progress of Charlotte's base.

Images are quickly cropped over some new ui layers I'm working to get added into the next build (final screen will look a bit different). Anyhow, the big announcement here is Night Phase is being redone!

0.4.0 is going to have a lot more changes which I'll outline at a later date. I still need a few more days to wrap up some things, but for now enjoy the small teaser ^^.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Began work on a simple animation for one of Karen's Hub options. I hope to have the framework for the Hub events to be in place for the next build, in addition to 1-2 animation sets.
Unfortunately after many unsuccessful attempts with Karen's base, I gave up on making a perfect loop (the off angle makes it pretty hard).
===
So here's the first iteration of my "presentable" showcase.
The final animation will fix:
  • shading and lining around the breast
  • nipple placement
  • some minimal facial animation (y/n?)
  • possibly additional outfit variants
Because of the the scale of what I eventually want to do (kiss, breast action, vaginal and/or anus x 4 girls), animations have to be relatively manageable. This specific one has 13 different frames.
In any case, what do you guys think?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

This was shared with the Patrons at the beginning of the week, but I feel it's appropriate to share what to expect in 0.4.0 (feedback welcomed!).
The big thing is 0.4.0 will be a "rework." I say "rework" in the sense that the game will still feature the many of the same mechanics, but several things will be redone.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Deckmaster

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
Okay, played a bit of this.

It reminds me of a few games, except for the amount of women and the whole ' Get laid or Die' facts. Couldn't tell you any names, because I can't recall those right now.

The scenes i've played through (not a lot, but still) don't have a lot of content, but that's understandable . As it was mentioned in some post, mentioning at some time that LP will kill you if you're not attentive could be helpful.

Hunting... slower beasts give 5 meat, whereas faster give 3 meat, irregardless of which type, which is a curious thing. Especially if compare a cow to a chicken , there's way more meat on the cow that people eat. So i'm afraid the system could use some upgrades, maybe something like various difficulty levels which reward you with more meat if you actually hit, but they're all fast animals, whereas easier just give you enough for a few days, but they're slow and so on.

Foraging is relatively safe and simple, and covers a low amount for everything.

Scouting could maybe use a slight increase in amounts found or maybe something like being able to tell the others that 'Come here, we'll scout' so you can use all their benefits.

Conversations... if you focus on specific people at a time, it's much easier to memorize what to say and actually get the points, but if you're going for everyone at once and scrambling to keep them feed each day, it wouldn't really work out well. Some people would likely want some way to keep track ingame of which options to choose.

Constructions / Buildings ... I would honestly suggest a more central hub for that which you can access in any region and it might show a map and then the symbols for what's built in each region, but you can keep on building from any region. Would decrease AP wastage and make it easier to keep track.

So, there you have some comments , but it all depends on which direction you want to take this. Easy, challenging, etc.

And last thing, do you keep track of what codes for each resource is ? There's always some people for each game that needs grinding that would rather just use codes to either get ahead or keep afloat.

Reactions: Snow-Shoes

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Sorry for the hiatus guys!

@UncleVT linked the latest blog and I'll explain the decision since I get the most feedback from F95. Long story short I'll be delaying 0.4.0 and moving to a pay "Per Creation" model so my patrons won't be billed for that delay.

From the backend, a lot of the code was rewritten in 0.4.0. While the port was basically completed and some new features thrown in (i.e. quest tracker log included), there's still a number of things I want more fully developed before I'm ready for essentially the re-release.

For those not following the Patron, essentially I'm aiming for:
  • More fleshed out dialogue options (The existing ones are basically the same ones from 2-3 months back)
  • Early actions for the HUB events. You essentially will visit NPCs at night and can do repeatable sex events for the girls. (static stills for now, but I'm experimenting with Parallax)
  • More Live2D Sprites (only 1 heroine completed): (can't really find a good uploader for webm)
  • Visual Quest Prompts and other general animations:
It's a lot more than just an aesthetic facelift, but I really don't want to release a version with more features in its infancy, nor do I want to take funds from people supporting me while I sort out the rework (too many devs milk their patrons this way). That's ofc no guarantee everything will be up for the next version, but you should notice a dramatic improvement in a lot of things once 0.4.0 finally does get released (hopefully next month).

Apologies again for those waiting for an April release.

Reactions: UncleVT

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Okay, played a bit of this.

It reminds me of a few games, except for the amount of women and the whole ' Get laid or Die' facts. Couldn't tell you any names, because I can't recall those right now.

The scenes i've played through (not a lot, but still) don't have a lot of content, but that's understandable . As it was mentioned in some post, mentioning at some time that LP will kill you if you're not attentive could be helpful.

Hunting... slower beasts give 5 meat, whereas faster give 3 meat, irregardless of which type, which is a curious thing. Especially if compare a cow to a chicken , there's way more meat on the cow that people eat. So i'm afraid the system could use some upgrades, maybe something like various difficulty levels which reward you with more meat if you actually hit, but they're all fast animals, whereas easier just give you enough for a few days, but they're slow and so on.

Foraging is relatively safe and simple, and covers a low amount for everything.

Scouting could maybe use a slight increase in amounts found or maybe something like being able to tell the others that 'Come here, we'll scout' so you can use all their benefits.

Conversations... if you focus on specific people at a time, it's much easier to memorize what to say and actually get the points, but if you're going for everyone at once and scrambling to keep them feed each day, it wouldn't really work out well. Some people would likely want some way to keep track ingame of which options to choose.

Constructions / Buildings ... I would honestly suggest a more central hub for that which you can access in any region and it might show a map and then the symbols for what's built in each region, but you can keep on building from any region. Would decrease AP wastage and make it easier to keep track.

So, there you have some comments , but it all depends on which direction you want to take this. Easy, challenging, etc.

And last thing, do you keep track of what codes for each resource is ? There's always some people for each game that needs grinding that would rather just use codes to either get ahead or keep afloat.
Thank you @Robbini for the feedback!

Sorry for the late response. While I can't give you the exact numbers, a lot of the mechanics will be readjusted in the next version. I made a post , but essentially the entire night phase is redone (Rest, Study, and Visit).
  • Rest will simply recover more AP and I'll probably add 1-2 building bonuses to it.
  • Study will unlock a recipe and recover less AP.
  • Visit will consume Charm/Libido, (probably 25 for side characters and you get some minor bonus; heroines will lead to a HUB event where you spend Charm/Libido on a list of actions...i.e. repeatable sex scenes)
The day events, or minigames, will be adjusted to compensate for the loss of night actions so you'll essentially get more yield per turn.

Finally the pacing will be readjusted significantly. The 7 days leading up to "Lust" is one prolongued tutorial and each major arc will be designated with prompts such as: . This way I can actually tackle the pacing and story progression (it's intentionally silly to open up and the later arcs will have some big plot twists). You'll still have the sandbox, but it'll be more Persona-style with an overarching quest.

Hope those changes are interesting!

Last edited:

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Finally finished with the Live2D modeling for Karen's sprite (I gave her a facelift to mirror the night visit image)!

The final count is a whopping 49 layers across 27 morphers!!

Still have to run it through the actual Animator (essentially a complex slideshow maker), but that shouldn't be too difficult with a couple sessions Fri-Sat.

Tentative plans are finishing sprite work for all 4 heroines before the end of the month and I'll give a more detailed update following that.

Anyhow, time to rest T.T....

Reactions: Deckmaster

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Hey F95!

Sorry for the hiatus. The project is still alive!

This site and reddit are my main sources of traffic/feedback, but I didn't want to spam any news with an uncertain release date. In any event, 0.4.0 is finally on the horizon and (hopefully) will be out by the end of the weekend. I took a lot of feedback and rebuild/rebalanced a lot of mechanics from the comments here, as well giving the game a major facelift. Will probably stagger the public release a few days after the patron's, but I want to thank you all for your feedback and apologize again for the delays.

Anyhow, here's an animation preview of a new mechanic -Night Visiting (HUB Events):
(F95 can't embed webmshare :'()

Regards!

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Hey F95!

Sorry for the hiatus. The project is still alive!

This site and reddit are my main sources of traffic/feedback, but I didn't want to spam any news with an uncertain release date. In any event, 0.4.0 is finally on the horizon and (hopefully) will be out by the end of the weekend. I took a lot of feedback and rebuild/rebalanced a lot of mechanics from the comments here, as well giving the game a major facelift. Will probably stagger the public release a few days after the patron's, but I want to thank you all for your feedback and apologize again for the delays.

Anyhow, here's an animation preview of a new mechanic -Night Visiting (HUB Events):
(F95 can't embed webmshare :'()

Regards!
Played the game for half hour just to see how it is and liked the art, gameplay and game design. Waiting for more content for a complete playthrough. Good luck with the development.

You can use gfycat.com if it suits your purpose:

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Played the game for half hour just to see how it is and liked the art, gameplay and game design. Waiting for more content for a complete playthrough. Good luck with the development.

You can use gfycat.com if it suits your purpose:

Hi sabbath,

Oh yeah I've tried gfycat but the video quality suffers dramatically. Webmshare retains the most quality and since there's 100-200 png frames in each loop, I can't really do a .GIF.

Thanks for the feedback on game!

TBH, I'd say the current build exists more of a proof of concept with ideas thrown together. Not all that polished if I'm to be honest. The upcoming build will still retain those ideas (random npc movement/minigames/resource management), but should feel way more presentable, hopefully.

Primarily focused on 3 major complaints in:
  • (confusing direction) - restructured/linearized some events for better pacing + quest trackers.
  • (repetitive grind) - rebalanced numbers + split day/night events with different sets of actions.
  • (lack of reward) - hub for repeatable scenes.
It's not going to be fully developed in 0.4.0, but the foundation should at least give players an idea of what to expect in the future.

Reactions: depechedNode
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes