Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Hey Theo!
I'm not sure if I inadvertently solved that, but I can't seem to replicate that bug in my master build. I just did a quick hotfix on the issues that's been reported so hopefully everything with regards to that has been resolved.
The hotfix fixed the issue. I do want to report another issue. I have the farm built for Charlette's first level up but the tentacle vine event won't trigger. I'm going to collect resources and rebuild the farm to see if that fixes it. This is my old save before the hotfix so I'm not sure if that's the problem. It might also have been because Theresa's status wasn't level 2 yet, I remember them being related.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
The hotfix fixed the issue. I do want to report another issue. I have the farm built for Charlette's first level up but the tentacle vine event won't trigger. I'm going to collect resources and rebuild the farm to see if that fixes it. This is my old save before the hotfix so I'm not sure if that's the problem. It might also have been because Theresa's status wasn't level 2 yet, I remember them being related.
Hmm, probably a variable inconsistency when I re-coded the building module. I'll circle back and check on the triggers for all my events. I'm sorry, my eyes tend to glaze over once I move into debugging, will see what the issue is tonight.

On a sidenote, is it better to release multiple hotfixes immediately or wait a few days? Without the huge playerbase, the amount of feedback comes in slow... which means I either: 1)bugfix across multiple patches or 2)late rollout of a bigger patch.

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Hmm, probably a variable inconsistency when I re-coded the building module. I'll circle back and check on the triggers for all my events. I'm sorry, my eyes tend to glaze over once I move into debugging, will see what the issue is tonight.

On a sidenote, is it better to release multiple hotfixes immediately or wait a few days? Without the huge playerbase, the amount of feedback comes in slow... which means I either: 1)bugfix across multiple patches or 2)late rollout of a bigger patch.
I think a few hotfixes to improve stability are imporant in the first week or two after the update release, but later in the month they aren't worth the time. If your game is playable you will be able to attract more players and gain more interest than if it only half works, and people are going to think about the game more often in the beginning of the month because all the other games update then. "A Town Uncovered" has released some very buggy updates lately with very little patches that it has made me lose some interest in the game. I give up on it until the next update hoping things will be fixed.

TL;DR Hotfix this week and then don't worry about it unless there's a huge game breaking problem. Strike while the iron is hot kind of thing.

As for feedback, I have a few more if you'd like. 1.) I can't get the miracle fruit to spawn at the waterfall. Has it moved or does my foraging or survival skill need to be higher? If true maybe hint it in the convo text. 2.) You can travel to the area you are already standing in, wasting an Action Point. Is that how you want it? 3.) I think there should be an overwrite warning when building over a slot that already has a structure in it. It would replace the action point message because they should already understand that's how it works. 3 little variables per slot is all you need per region. (OverrideFlagSlot1 = false and updates to true in the build structure code)

Edit. The miracle fruit showed up now. Maybe because it's night time and not raining?

Reactions: Snow-Shoes

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Sounds good, I still want to get around to more QoL stuff such as:
  • doing away with Renpy's notifications in favor of more noticeable ones
  • adding "End of Content" indicators for special routes/mechanics
  • tutorial updates
All in all it's a process, barely just figured out how to archive properly T.T, but hopefully should be more playable from here on out. Thanks as always for the feedback, now have to get back to irl.

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Sorry. I have two more issues to report. I was doing the first level up event with Alicia where you cook food for the girls. Every time I select an ingredient there is an error BUT I can just hit "ignore" and move on passed it. The REAL problem is that even though I have the water structure built I don't have access to the water and alcohol options. This is also the case with "free cook" no water or alcohol options there even though I have the structure built.

The other thing is that the golden boar event errors out after I successfully shoots the bore. I can't just ignore this event because it just rolls back to the boar spawning.

And 1 trivial issue, when you click rest the message "health and tension restored" pops up. Is that from the old system before libido or is that the other survivor's tension?

GadorDev

Jul 20, 2017
how to unlock the scenes with 100 of love with the sister but I can not have any scene?

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
I cannot seem to figure out how to build something, Here is my screen
upload_2018-3-7_0-22-18.png

not matter what i do it is always greyed out buttons at top I tried highlighting shelter and clicking a new shelter that didnt work and neither did anything else what am i supposed to do to build?!

sinrtb

Nov 4, 2017
ok i managed to stop the NPC;s from dying with the medical tent but i'm slowly withering away , i have plenty of fresh and raw food any suggestions? I have about 2 rounds before im dead at this point.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
how to unlock the scenes with 100 of love with the sister but I can not have any scene?
Hi Junx! I'm not sure which particular level up event you're on, but for Senna it goes:
  • 1 -> 2 automatic after talking with her following Karen's event.
  • 2 -> 3 after a series of conversations, you will have to find her under specific weather conditions (calm or sunny then rain or thunder). Then you'll need a medical tent.
  • 3 -> 4 you should trigger the quest chain when talking to her at the Beach (I think I'm going to code in a hard lock for to be here so there's no RNG)

As for the relationship exp (#/100), the balance on that is pretty wonky atm and won't get resolved until more talking dialogue gets in. The eventual plan is to have exp gain work this way:
  • 1 -> 2 talking with NPC (normal), random interactions
  • 2 -> 3 talking with NPC (normal), random interactions
  • 3 -> 4 talking with NPC (reduced), talking with other NPC (since all these will be 'clue finding' missions), random interactions
  • 4 -> 5 tent trainer hub (heroines only)
oh crud I found the little hammer I feel foolish now.
ok i managed to stop the NPC;s from dying with the medical tent but i'm slowly withering away , i have plenty of fresh and raw food any suggestions? I have about 2 rounds before im dead at this point.
Hi sinrtb!
Will make another revision for tutorials when I get the chance ;). As for the other issue, I should be able to get a new hotfix in today that'll remedy some issues (i.e. the farming/water structures not functioning). Holding off from releasing now as I still want improve some QoL.

Reactions: UncleVT

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
why not to build more than one building in the same place?
Hmm I'm sorry Junx, not sure what you mean. Did you mean a bug where the old buildings disappear when you hammer a new one? That should have been resolved with the "0.3.1b hotfix." Two existing building mechanics bugs that exist in the live version are a dialogue error prompt on I think 2 places (hill and creek?) and the farming/water bonuses not applying. They're fixed in my master build.

Reactions: GadorDev

GadorDev

Jul 20, 2017
I'm sorry for the questions but I do not understand correctly how the events work? type the game climate rainy, stormy, calm and so on. This is what makes the events happen, because I walk around the island already build almost everything in the game already I have 100% love point with senna and karen but I can not unlock the scenes of them

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I'm sorry for the questions but I do not understand correctly how the events work? type the game climate rainy, stormy, calm and so on. This is what makes the events happen, because I walk around the island already build almost everything in the game already I have 100% love point with senna and karen but I can not unlock the scenes of them
No problem at all. Once I'm able to fully tackle the 'Request List' there will be more hints in place so sorry for the lack of current info (you basically have to pay attention to the dialogue). I'm assuming you're trying to the level 3->4 events?
  • You get those first by triggering dialogue (rejections) for whatever heroine.
  • Then you have to go on 'Fact Finding' by asking the other NPCs for their suggestions.
  • Once you've gathered enough clues (The plan is to have this tie into the Engineering/Crafting to make special items for each NPC), you can advance by talking to that heroine a final time.

Reactions: GadorDev

comecome

May 27, 2017
I tried to play but i don't undestand the system for survive, i cook i rest i have food raw and coocked but the bar of health go down.

How works for avoid die? (and yellow bar go low to).

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I tried to play but i don't undestand the system for survive, i cook i rest i have food raw and coocked but the bar of health go down.

How works for avoid die? (and yellow bar go low to).
Hi comecome.

The main resource for daily rations is Fresh Foods (I'm probably going to change this to Cooked Foods in the future to avoid confusion).

Right now there's a daily penalty of -9 Fresh Foods (this will also probably undergo changes once I get to balancing). Certain buildings can mitigate this, or you can Prepare Fresh Foods using Raw Foods in the Cook action (available after building Cookware).

If you maintain enough Fresh Foods, NPCs should not lose Health (you can still from hazards in minigames or moving during Thunderstorms).
---
NPCs also gain Daily Tension which will make conversations with them more negative (partially implemented). You can mitigate this with Hygiene Building, some conversation choices, and cooking preferred dishes.
---
Yellow bar is Libido (for lack of a better name). It's going to be used in the trainer system (not yet implemented) for repeatable scenes.

bargian

May 7, 2017
comecome: i second this (i got medic tent, should be beter now?)

also how to hunt?
i have food problem, i find not enought and hunting usualy end with 80% miss ;(

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
medic tent, should be beter now?)
up: i second this (i got medic tent, should be beter now?)

also how to hunt?
i have food problem, i find not enought and hunting usualy end with 80% miss ;(
An easy way if you want to avoid most of the minigames is to Level Up Conversation for the first assist. Afterwards, performing a Search in the same area as a heroine will get her to help you (Senna finds Raw foods, Karen Wood, Theresa Metal, Charlotte Cloth). Then just convert Raw Food to Fresh Food in Cook Action.

Foraging and Hunting are basically there to speed up resource gains at a bigger risk, but I put in ways to go about it the long way too!

bargian

May 7, 2017
An easy way if you want to avoid most of the minigames is to Level Up Conversation for the first assist. Afterwards, performing a Search in the same area as a heroine will get her to help you (Senna finds Raw foods, Karen Wood, Theresa Metal, Charlotte Cloth). Then just convert Raw Food to Fresh Food in Cook Action.

Foraging and Hunting are basically there to speed up resource gains at a bigger risk, but I put in ways to go about it the long way too!
So its intended that i mostly miss while hunint? Or should i 'shoot' in a specific moment?

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes