Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
to the dev you need to space the patches from daily to mab y a patch pre fortnight

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
Is this game good? And does it have enough content at the moment for me to play?

9thCrux

--Waifu maker--
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
$ turn_Count = #
$ day_Count = #
$ food_raw = #
$ food_fresh = #
$ res_wood = #
$ res_metal = #
$ res_cloth = #
$ res_token = #
Thanks for this console commands, yeah is no fun to have girls dying before I have the chance to follow their story...

Can we have the commands for their health pls?

slashcrit

Oct 18, 2017
Hi, everytime I rest i get an exception error? Also everyone is not feeling well and I cant talk to them. Please help

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Updated to Latest Build (0.1.0)

PC:
Mac:

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Further comments in the Patreon.

Reactions: Patan

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
I get an exception error trying to talk to Meryl just after receiving the map for part 8.
Name error: name 'fruit_count' is not defined.

I have build Cooking and Hygiëne so far.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Ahh geez. Finally was able to replicate it. The bug deals with certain event checks and Meryl's route was coded a week back.

Unfortunately I never ran into it because the various orders I've been playing never triggered it (basically you were never intended to far in relationship exp in most of the cast before completing the prologue). I'll try to update with a fix. Apologies.

Edit: Updated to Latest Build (0.1.0a)

PC:
Mac:

Last edited:

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Where is this magic fruit I'm supposed to get at night while foraging? I found the golden chicken while hunting in the hills and I have all regions unlocked.

And am I also right to assume the relationships don't go higher than level 2?

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Where is this magic fruit I'm supposed to get at night while foraging? I found the golden chicken while hunting in the hills and I have all regions unlocked.

And am I also right to assume the relationships don't go higher than level 2?
Hi Theo, you are correct only the level 1 -> 2 events are coded in thus far. Currently working on the next build which will include more content.

As for the magic fruit, you can find them by foraging the "Waterfall" at night. Be mindful of your Health/Stamina though since you'll trigger a special minigame with more hazards.

Hope that helps.

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Hi Theo, you are correct only the level 1 -> 2 events are coded in thus far. Currently working on the next build which will include more content.

As for the magic fruit, you can find them by foraging the "Waterfall" at night. Be mindful of your Health/Stamina though since you'll trigger a special minigame with more hazards.

Hope that helps.
Ah. I had looked there but it doesn't trigger for some reason. Maybe I mixed some things up with all the saving. Also, I had what looked like event progression with the doctor lady (I passed out and it was just her in my tent waking me up) but then it stayed at lvl 1.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Ah. I had looked there but it doesn't trigger for some reason. Maybe I mixed some things up with all the saving. Also, I had what looked like event progression with the doctor lady (I passed out and it was just her in my tent waking me up) but then it stayed at lvl 1.
Oh dear, there may have been a conflict. Can you let me know what's been cleared thus far?

• The trigger for the hostess is relation exp >= 75, you receive the quest, collect 5 golden fruit in the Waterfall map (actually neither this or the hunting quest appears to be time-specific so I have to fix that), and then return to her.
  • The triggers for the doctor are relation exp >= 75 and player health < 24 (& > 1, have to be alive ofc). Her level up occurs after passing out a second time.

Might have to do more rigid flags since this is the second case of Meryl's quest line not triggering (something I'm missing in regards to the sequence of events) so any details would be awesome. I'm not sure what's disrupting Margaret's quest line though, currently she's pretty much in a bubble and not yet integrated with the rest of the cast.

---

Anyhow, once I get the assets for 0.2 in I'll do another pass on the flag triggers. Apologies for the bugs, but unfortunately I don't have enough of an audience for early testers yet T.T.

TheoWolf3

Sep 19, 2017
Oh dear, there may have been a conflict. Can you let me know what's been cleared thus far?

• The trigger for the hostess is relation exp >= 75, you receive the quest, collect 5 golden fruit in the Waterfall map (actually neither this or the hunting quest appears to be time-specific so I have to fix that), and then return to her.
  • The triggers for the doctor are relation exp >= 75 and player health < 24 (& > 1, have to be alive ofc). Her level up occurs after passing out a second time.

Might have to do more rigid flags since this is the second case of Meryl's quest line not triggering (something I'm missing in regards to the sequence of events) so any details would be awesome. I'm not sure what's disrupting Margaret's quest line though, currently she's pretty much in a bubble and not yet integrated with the rest of the cast.

---

Anyhow, once I get the assets for 0.2 in I'll do another pass on the flag triggers. Apologies for the bugs, but unfortunately I don't have enough of an audience for early testers yet T.T.
I've never seen a GOLD fruit at day or night for the waterfall area. However I'm already at level 2 with Charlotte (and maxed at 100 too). As for the doctor I had only passed out once. It wasn't exactly clear that I NEEDED to do it a second time.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I've never seen a GOLD fruit at day or night for the waterfall area. However I'm already at level 2 with Charlotte (and maxed at 100 too). As for the doctor I had only passed out once. It wasn't exactly clear that I NEEDED to do it a second time.
Gahh sorry about that. I'll revisit all the triggers once I start coding in the next set of events, right now though these are what's going to trigger having the special cards in the forage game (basically the same as the hunt quest with the respective variables changed).

if (quest_host == True) and (FHost.level ==1) and (location_current == "waterfall")
Boolean for quest_host will set to "True" during the conversation you've had with Meryl about that the fruit and levels are locked until you do the clear. As is typically the case, it's probably some unrelated event blocking her quest chain.

Apologies, gonna try to get the redesign in for 0.2.0!

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
It is so hard to get food in this game. How about if you counter a Snake or Spider Card that card stays flipped. So you don't get bitten all the time draining your health? And it would be nice if some other survivors gathered some food as well. ;-)

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
It is so hard to get food in this game. How about if you counter a Snake or Spider Card that card stays flipped. So you don't get bitten all the time draining your health? And it would be nice if some other survivors gathered some food as well. ;-)
They will!

Don't worry, the next version will see some significant upgrades to mechanics. I've been sharing them in public posts on the Patreon, but basically I'm in the process of implementing a sorta skill tree (so you put points into foraging to make it easier, etc.). Also all the assets for the rest of the generic buildings are in so you can reap rewards from that too (but no events have been written yet).

Reactions: Deckmaster

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

For some reason, the imgur links on the main page are down so I'll have to reupload those. I was hoping to hear back about some help in advertising, but I think those plans fell through...
Anyhow, the actual release will be anywhere from Friday to Saturday night. Realistically, it's probably like 95+% done since the CGs are done and the none-placeholder mechanics seem functional.

Still it's hard grinding through those last hours when you're burnt out T.T.

Apologies, thanks for your patience.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
Changelog:

New

• 4 Lover New Scenes and level up events (Friends have yet to be implemented)
  • New Stat-Based Ability system (Partially implemented. Crafting serves no purpose ATM, and the other 5 branches lack level 4 rewards.)
  • New Weather system (Sneaked this in and it ballooned the file size. For now you have some status modifications, but I want to plan some future events around weather.)
  • New Crafting system (Partially implemented. The Workshop is functional, Sewing placeholder state, and Tech unimplemented.)
  • New Night Visit system (Partially implemented. For now the visit events aren't ingame, but the framework is in place to have it tied to the new LP or Love Points you get by talking to a heroine. The plan is to have repeatable scenes with different outfits?)
  • Score Implementation (These are ending triggers.).
  • All Building Assets done (I believe everything is functional...hopefully).

Fixes

• Reworked a lot of the flags/triggers for various events.
  • Under-the-hood re-routing of stats.

• MAC:

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes