Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Sails [v0.4.1B] [SnowShoes]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hmm, I'm still working on the mechanics so the console codes won't really do much until the story is more fleshed out.

Anyhow version 0.0.3 is out with a new scene for those interested! I anticipate 1-2 more mechanics updates before I can devote more time to scenes/story progression.

PC:
MAC:

On another note...I'm not sure how to advance with the new Patreon Guidelines T.T. I've been vague on the content of the game thus far, but one of the main routes I've planned is with the sister. I doubt I'd garner the attention of the major Patreons out there, but it is a bit worrisome =\.
Just say at beginning she's MC step sister and you're out of trouble...
BTW How we can sleep at camp?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65272

I legitimately enjoyed this. Lots of potential.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Updated to 0.0.4 for those interested!

PC:
Mac:
Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated the Patreon with some direction plans from here on out. In any case, I think the game's presentable enough for a bigger audience, yes? I only know of f95, ulmf, and reddit...any suggestions for other communities? The plan is to have it remain free of course (maybe a week of early access), but support is always nice.

Edit: Whoops uploaded wrong links. New one should be up

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android

FrankH

Oct 24, 2017
Interesting storyline and very well drawn. I'll give it a go. ;-)
+1

But...I don't know if I´m missing something or if its a Bug, after Day 10/11 no matter where I go on the Island there is no more Interaction with any Character. All the Character Portraits on the bottom right are grey and I cant talk to anybody. I just kept playing on for a while but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
+1

But...I don't know if I´m missing something or if its a Bug, after Day 10/11 no matter where I go on the Island there is no more Interaction with any Character. All the Character Portraits on the bottom right are grey and I cant talk to anybody. I just kept playing on for a while but it doesn't seem to change anything.
Are they dead? They might be dead (still have to implement maybe placeholder events for that!)... There's a relationship panel to keep track of NPC health/tension. Every turn will deplete your food stock (fresh foods first) and running out will incur a health penalty on everyone. At 0 tension, NPCs can't be visited (You can still lower tension through cooking) and at 0 health they die!

But anyhow, I'm gonna bump up the priority on tutorials. There's a lot of mechanics I have to explain and hidden trackers I want players to discover.

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
without a (written) tutorial i find it quite bit hard to start and see what everything does. Just clicking the map seems to already advance time, talking with characters same. Ergo i go to next area time advances, say hi to X and it's evening.

Anyhow about incest, sister question for patreon just do not mention it on the site itself

May 7, 2017
Mind if I butt-in the conversation? Is every female character supposed to be romanceable or are there exceptions?

Last edited:

TheSimonizer

Jun 17, 2017
I'm liking it so far!

My building skill is not going up when building things. Also, I can only build 1 thing at a time? Is there a way to have 2? EDIT: Nevermind. I wasn't actually building. You need to click on the little hammer with a percentage to further the build.

And what is the /100 number beside the heart? Is it love?

All the girls keep losing health but I never missed any food. What am I missing?

Last edited:

TheSimonizer

Jun 17, 2017
I get this error. Seems to be related to the "hygiene" bonus.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Possibly fixed it?
navigation.rpy - Line 178 to 184 - Should be using ".ften_earn" instead of ".lten_earn".
Seems to also have a mix up in cooking.rpy. I get a similar error when trying to give a drink to Margaret.

Last edited:

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Mind if I butt-in the conversation? Is every female character supposed to be romanceable or are there exceptions?
Current plans are just for the first 4 girls atm (Sister, Teacher, 2 Classmates). I don't think I can deliver enough content in any reasonable timeframe without over-promising. The plan is to have 4-6 route scenes for each heroine and possibly some extras (the idea is to tie that in with crafting since you'll be making clothes for heroines). Of course, nothing's set in stone. If I somehow make enough to hire outside help, sure I can restructure for all 8.

I'm liking it so far!

My building skill is not going up when building things. Also, I can only build 1 thing at a time? Is there a way to have 2? EDIT: Nevermind. I wasn't actually building. You need to click on the little hammer with a percentage to further the build.

And what is the /100 number beside the heart? Is it love?

All the girls keep losing health but I never missed any food. What am I missing?
The number being tracked so far is just experience. The plan is have you interact with an NPC to build up experience till a locked state 100/100, NPC will give you a request, you fulfill that and level up (with scenes for heroines). There's 2 food parameters, I'm in the process of implementing tutorials to better explain everything.

That was a whole lotta no-fun...
Sorry it wasn't to your liking. Anything in particular stand out poorly for you?

I get this error:
Gahh! I thought I fixed that issue for the link posted. What action were you performing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android
U

User_10739

Sorry it wasn't to your liking. Anything in particular stand out poorly for you?
Apparently by the time I built my own hut everybody else appears to be dead, unless I get into necrophelia, this is just not cool... Very little interaction and direction or sense of hope that there may be a H scene in this...

Oblivion90

Jul 18, 2017
I would like to have an option to keep some food so I can blackmail girls to do something for me. Some tutorial would be nice, I just clicked randomly and lost everything. Are there any cheats?

TheSimonizer

Jun 17, 2017
Gahh! I thought I fixed that issue for the link posted. What action were you performing?
It happened on day reset after I had completed the Hygiene build. And it also happened when I gave a drink to the Doctor.

I think some of the variables were not changed to "Friend" in navigation.rpy and in cooking.rpy.

Reactions: Snow-Shoes

Snow-Shoes

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Apparently by the time I built my own hut everybody else appears to be dead, unless I get into necrophelia, this is just not cool... Very little interaction and direction or sense of hope that there may be a H scene in this...
Like I've been saying throughout the thread, I'm prioritizing the system mechanics. The scenes in place thus far are story-related and unavoidable as part of the introduction. No individual quest chains are in place yet (which will include scenes for certain characters).

The tutorials I'm implementing should provide a lot more direction on how to begin play, but the plan was to always allow players freedom with routes once you get past the opening arc. That said, if the gameplay doesn't interest you then this probably wont be your cup of tea unfortunately. I posted a tentative idea of how many scenes I want, but it definitely won't have the CG count of the 3D rendered ones.

Hi this game dont have any cheats like cheat engine or trainer or console code??
$ turn_Count = #
$ day_Count = #
$ food_raw = #
$ food_fresh = #
$ res_wood = #
$ res_metal = #
$ res_cloth = #
$ res_token = #

Beyond that, I'm using some class variables that are subject to change for character stamina, tension, actions.

That said, I'm still on the introductory arc so you probably don't need to cheat yet. Once everything is done here, I can move into actual route/scene work where you do want to prioritize resources for certain NPCs.

It happened on day reset after I had completed the Hygiene build. And it also happened when I gave a drink to the Doctor.

I think some of the variables were not changed to "Friend" in navigation.rpy and in cooking.rpy.
Ahh found the variables. Thank you for the report! I'll have them fixed in the upcoming build.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes